PDA

View Full Version : Assigning weapons to the various buttons

APHughes
01-07-2010, 12:59 PM
I love this game but one thing I have a little trouble with is assigning weapons via the weapon wheel. Would it have been easier to assign certain weapons to the left button, certain weapons to the up button and certain weapons to the right button. The assigned weapon is then always available via that button.

For example:
All I can assign to the up button would be the Hidden blades and the poison blade. If I assigned the poison blade then it is always available by pushing the up button, untill I assign something else to that button.

Another example would be the right button.
All I would be able to assign to that button would be the sword, the dagger, the throwing blades and the Gun. If I assigned the Dagger to the right button, then again the dagger is always available at that button untill I assign something else to it.

I found it a bit difficult sometimes to use weapons in a hurry and accidentally switched back to the default in a fight.

Thoughts please???????

jimbo11235813
01-07-2010, 02:27 PM
I like how they did the weapons wheel. During a fight there is no reason to be in a hurry seeing as time stops when you open the wheel.
As for the weapon allocations (the d-pad buttons), I think its perfect, you will want to have the hidden blade (up) out quickly for assassinating, the sword/primary weapon (right) would definitely need to be quickly accessible for fights, punching (down) is fun when fighting 1 vs 1 (I throw the last remaining soldier to the floor, change to fists and go behind the soldier and attack while he's getting up to active a really cool animation), but although health meds (left) are necessary for quick access, I'd prefer throwing knives or the gun.

In summary, the only problem for me is that I'd prefer to have quicker access to projectile weapons rather than the meds.

FiskMunk
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
I'm still waiting for the PC version (But I've watched hours of gameplay on YouTube since I'm jonesing for the game, so...)

Anyway, it would have been much better with a weapon wheel like the one in [Prototype], that slows down the game for a couple of seconds while you choose your weapon/armor, but then goes back to real-time if you take too long.
Just pausing the game makes it even easier than it already is, and who here doesn't love slow motion effects?