PDA

View Full Version : Unfortunate news for Ghost Skies

x__CRASH__x
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I have some unfortunate news about Ghost Skies. First, let me thank everyone for being so patient with the rebuild. I know the anticipation turns to frustration when deadlines keep getting pushed. But you all have been supportive, and I hope that you will continue to support the league.

DV8, my long time friend, and Ghost Skies partner, has suffered a major, life-changing personal loss. This means that he will be unable to continue as webmaster, and will be unable to complete the new website.

This doesn't mean the end for Ghost Skies. The current Ghost Skies site was built in ASP from scratch by DV8. This means that the project won't be able to be taken over by anyone. This means that I have to build a new site with someone else. I have a friend who is offering web space, and even the tools to do a new site. But he isn't a web builder, so the intricate reporting and database pages will need to be built. All this may not be free. DV8 worked on Ghost Skies out of love for the game and respect for the community. Effort like his could have easily cost me well over $5000. Of course, I don't have that kind of money, so I need to try and find an expereinced web builder who wants to tackle the project pro bono.

I will start working out the details of the web space tonight, and begin my search for some experienced web help. We have all the specifics of the new league in place. Now we just need the new website.

I thank you for your patience, and ask for your continued support. If you, or someone you know, is able to help with the site build, I would greatly appreciate being contacted at crash@ghostskies.com

DV8 doesn't come around this forum much, and I'm sure now he won't be here at all. But he could certainly use your prayers and support through this trying period of his life.

Thank you

Mike

x__CRASH__x
09-08-2005, 04:12 PM
I have some unfortunate news about Ghost Skies. First, let me thank everyone for being so patient with the rebuild. I know the anticipation turns to frustration when deadlines keep getting pushed. But you all have been supportive, and I hope that you will continue to support the league.

DV8, my long time friend, and Ghost Skies partner, has suffered a major, life-changing personal loss. This means that he will be unable to continue as webmaster, and will be unable to complete the new website.

This doesn't mean the end for Ghost Skies. The current Ghost Skies site was built in ASP from scratch by DV8. This means that the project won't be able to be taken over by anyone. This means that I have to build a new site with someone else. I have a friend who is offering web space, and even the tools to do a new site. But he isn't a web builder, so the intricate reporting and database pages will need to be built. All this may not be free. DV8 worked on Ghost Skies out of love for the game and respect for the community. Effort like his could have easily cost me well over $5000. Of course, I don't have that kind of money, so I need to try and find an expereinced web builder who wants to tackle the project pro bono.

I will start working out the details of the web space tonight, and begin my search for some experienced web help. We have all the specifics of the new league in place. Now we just need the new website.

I thank you for your patience, and ask for your continued support. If you, or someone you know, is able to help with the site build, I would greatly appreciate being contacted at crash@ghostskies.com

DV8 doesn't come around this forum much, and I'm sure now he won't be here at all. But he could certainly use your prayers and support through this trying period of his life.

Thank you

Mike

Tully__
09-09-2005, 12:03 AM
That is a great shame. Good luck Crash!

Kuna15
09-09-2005, 12:52 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif Sorry to hear that.

MINTZ2
09-09-2005, 05:34 AM
Prayers for all are done, S~.

Loki-PF
09-09-2005, 07:51 AM
Mike,

Sorry to hear about your good friends difficulties. It's always a hard thing to have to watch a friend or loved one go thru these times.

Wish him the best from us his fellow sim lovers!

Diablo310th
09-09-2005, 07:57 AM
Crash....sorry to hear the bad news. I hope everything works out for both of you. Good luck with the rebuild.

x__CRASH__x
09-09-2005, 08:16 AM
On a good note, I have secured the new web hosting, and a friend is going to help build the PHP Nuke site. So the outlook is hopefull.

Bearcat99
09-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Good luck Crash... maybe i'll make it to this one...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

x__CRASH__x
09-10-2005, 01:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Good luck Crash... maybe i'll make it to this one...... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
And maybe monkeys might fly out of my butt!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif