PDA

View Full Version : [MP] Team stacking in Manhunt

paziek
03-22-2011, 05:22 AM
Hello,

So I usually play ranked matches with doesn't show player level, but rather some kind of icon with probably indicates thresholds for those. You only know more or less who's at with level.
In player match you see exact levels.

Yesterday I decided to give a go to player match and my first game lobby looked like that:
3 people with 10-25 levels, 2 people with 2-5 levels and me at around 20 lvl. Those 3 people with 10+ and one of newbies immediately jumped into team 1, leaving just me and the other newbie for team 2. That is just... stupid. I left that lobby in instant, cause I didn't feel like getting ********ed. Maybe people shouldn't be able to decide on what team they end up, because clearly most don't know whats fair play. I see similar behavior in ranked matches as well, but not to such degree.

So my suggestion is either don't let people choose teams, or lock team with more people in it than the other one, like that:

Team 1: 1 player
Team 2: 0 players
You can join only team 2

Team 2: 1 player
You can join any team

Team 2: 2 players
You can join only team 1

Maybe also lock teams for player depending on his level and level of people in said teams, so that it doesn't end up 4x1 levels VS 4x50 levels.

ElleCore
03-22-2011, 07:40 AM
If you talk about those 4 vs 2 Manhunt matches then I totally support you!

Valduric
03-22-2011, 10:09 AM
Level doesn't really matter, skill > levels. This isn't an RPG game. There are level 50 console gamers who hop onto PC and there are those who are naturally good at the game, I've seen a friend of mine level 20 own the living daylights out of this noob level 40ish.

paziek
03-23-2011, 05:51 AM
Originally posted by Rezenith:
Level doesn't really matter, skill > levels. This isn't an RPG game. There are level 50 console gamers who hop onto PC and there are those who are naturally good at the game, I've seen a friend of mine level 20 own the living daylights out of this noob level 40ish. I know, but generally lvl 40 will have more experience with game and more abilities/perks to choose from. Sure lvl 20 is decent already, but level 5 against level 20 has pretty much no chance.

Lets drop levels for now and focus on stacking of players. Yesterday I joined some just starting session with had 6 people in it. That ended up 4vs2 in game, with soon became 3v1. That was bad, but then I saw someone joined session and was hoping for a more challenging game, but that person instead of joining team with 1 player, choose to stack first team from 3 players into 4, making it into 4vs1. Someone else left from our team and it was again 3vs1. Someone joined again, and it was back to 4vs1.
<span class="ev_code_RED">Unacceptable!</span>