PDA

View Full Version : Borgia's Staff (Useable Weapon!!!)

TooLazy4Name
12-16-2009, 05:55 PM
Now, im giving all credit to Ianxo4 on youtube, who is a awesome assassins creed player. go find the video he made if this isnt explaining enough to you.

When you get to where borgia is preaching in the vatican, go to where the crowd it. equip the poison, and poison the two brutes at the very front of the crowd. then go back and out of the room, and run back through the hallways until it says "warning, restricted area" which is where the area ends. then come back. the two guards should have respawned. repeat, but this time stay up in the rafters and watch them. i think you then go back into the hallways, and come back, and the guards should be gone. get to the civilians clothed in white at the front of the crowd, position yourself just so your at the front of them BARELY in the hide in plain sight thing. position yourself in front of borgia, and when ready, charge him and poison him. he will continue to chant but will start swinging his staff. when he dies, pick up the staff. its a useable weapon, though if you attack any of the guards i think your desynched. you poisoning borgia doesnt count as assassinating him.

REPEAT: video on youtube made by ianxo4.

Avl521
12-16-2009, 06:08 PM
this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...TXPQ&feature=channel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFyNHF-TXPQ&feature=channel) shows ezio holding the staff.
He's quite awesome btw, I know he's much better than me for sure...

Grandmaster_Z
12-16-2009, 06:19 PM
how does he figure out **** like that

Grandmaster_Z
12-16-2009, 06:45 PM
lmao, all his videos show how stupid the AI is and how glitchy the game is

Neo_Age
12-16-2009, 08:01 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
lmao, all his videos show how stupid the AI is and how glitchy the game is

Devs cant be expected to test for every single possible bug, exploit or how the AI will act under certain conditions. You basicly have thousands of players all going though the game and at some point oddities in the code will begin to emerge, every game is like that.

IanXO4
12-16-2009, 09:01 PM
Thanks for the credit and posting the link! Here is the article that thoroughly explains how to kill Borgia and take his staff.

http://www.thehiddenblade.com/...-story-assassination (http://www.thehiddenblade.com/rodrigo-borgia-non-story-assassination)

ToKillInPeace
12-16-2009, 09:09 PM
I've been following you for a while Ian, I first saw you're video "The Bleeding Effect" on youtube and it was amazing.

Glad to see you coming to the forums these days now.

Look forward to more stuff from you.

ValidatedDavid
12-16-2009, 09:14 PM
Yeah, I got into AC1 late and after I finished the game I started looking at YouTube videos and Ian's vids quickly became my favorites. Great stuff, amazing, Ubi should be giving you the games for free.

Avl521
12-16-2009, 09:28 PM
that bleeding effect vid is awesome... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif if only I was that good... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

agentofwraith
12-16-2009, 09:33 PM
I have just one word for "Bleeding Effect",... "EXTRAORDINARY"! IanXO4, your gameplay is by far the best I have seen. Thank you. And thank you for your contribution on how to acquire Borgia's Staff.

IanXO4
12-17-2009, 03:42 PM
thanks everyone for the compliments! i'll be sure to bookmark this page for whenever i need something to make me smile.

im glad to hear that you all enjoyed the "bleeding effect" video. it took about a month to produce, which is pretty major for me.

Grandmaster_Z
12-17-2009, 04:04 PM
dude, u should be getting paid by ubi to find bugs/exploits. its not like ur just randomly finding things, u seem to know alot about development and logic when it comes to programming

Jack-Reacher
12-17-2009, 05:03 PM
You should play GTA, there are so many bugs with AI programming you could find there

ValidatedDavid
12-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by IanXO4:
thanks everyone for the compliments! i'll be sure to bookmark this page for whenever i need something to make me smile.

im glad to hear that you all enjoyed the "bleeding effect" video. it took about a month to produce, which is pretty major for me.

You're very welcome, your videos for the AC franchise have been a real inspiration (and stabguy has posted some great stuff too). This little jewel with the Pope is on par with William from the tower in AC1 - don't know how many times I've shown that to AC fans who just couldn't believe you even thought of it, let alone pulled it off.

Ian, are you just aborting memories after each assassination cutscene and replaying them that way?

OzDavis
12-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Okay, I just managed to reproduce what Ian did - poison the pope and take his staff - and by Christ it's hard - pun very much intented!

I don't get exactly how Ian managed to have so many of the monks left standing there by the time he came to actually go for Borgia, as the chapel floor looked a damn sight emptier when I did it, but I still had just enough coverage to pull it off.

When I first played through this game I was more than a little disappointed that you didn't get to kill the Pope, but consoled myself with the fact I got to beat him up butt good and wring his neck.... now I don't have to conslole myself anymore.

Thanks Ian... and very well played!

IanXO4
12-18-2009, 10:18 AM
hi validated david,
thx for sharing the eagle strike stunt with others! its by far my most popular instructional video.

there are different methods i use to "replay" assassinations.

1) if i mess up an assassination, i try again by desynchronizing, which reloads the last checkpoint. i desynchronize using the technique that is most convenient in the given situation: killing 3 civilians, going too far from the target, crossing a memory wall, taunt mashing, jumping from very high, etc.

2) after i kill the target, i shut down the game during the cutscene in the memory corridor. when i restart the game, it picks up at the last checkpoint before the assassination, so i can replay.

3) sometimes i quit the memory after the cutscene, just like you said. if you quit the memory and restart, you have to repeat the whole memory, which is often times much more work than reloading the last checkpoint.

4) i back up my whole ps3 hard drive at various points throughout the story. since ps3 savegames are locked, this is the only way to preserve the savegame file while in the middle of the story. i restore the hard drive to the point in the game that i want to replay. yes, its a pain in the ***, but it works.

ozdavis,
thats grt that you managed to reproduce the kill! the number of civilians left in the chapel is affected by when you leave the chapel. be sure to read the article, which is in the link in the video description. congrats!