PDA

View Full Version : DRM's constant connection question

Deathride_CV
05-08-2010, 11:55 AM
I have a wireless connection that has fair connection status most of the time. I have other games that require the "Constant internet connection", like Dragon age and ACII. I have had no problems with those games but with SC:conviction I am getting that popup up box every several seconds telling me to hold on while connection is restored. I can't beleive that this game polls the www every second but that's what it seems like. And since I get 7meg d/l speeds and don't drp streaming video I am not sure why I get this popup constantly.

Is there a tweak or a setting that I should be adjusting on my game( or hardware)? Or does UBi just not care about us less then perfect wireless guys?

roelbartstra
05-08-2010, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Deathride_CV:
I have a wireless connection that has fair connection status most of the time. I have other games that require the "Constant internet connection", like Dragon age and ACII. I have had no problems with those games but with SC:conviction I am getting that popup up box every several seconds telling me to hold on while connection is restored. I can't beleive that this game polls the www every second but that's what it seems like. And since I get 7meg d/l speeds and don't drp streaming video I am not sure why I get this popup constantly.

Is there a tweak or a setting that I should be adjusting on my game( or hardware)? Or does UBi just not care about us less then perfect wireless guys?

Just plug-in a cable, that's what I did...

KingKong001
05-08-2010, 01:36 PM
I'm also using wireless and I do have a Ethernet cable connected to a modem and the pop up comes up every sec too. I too don't watch Youtube video's or anything that'll increase my speed. It's like we have to be below 10% in order to have no problems whats so ever. I have been ignoring this game.

I'll play it again when the DRM is removed or, wait until they decrease our internet speed. Because this is ridiculous.

Deathride_CV
05-09-2010, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by roelbartstra:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Deathride_CV:

Just plug-in a cable, that's what I did... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If I could I would not have Wireless. I can't run a 30 foot cable through the kitchen and down the hall. It would be nice to have the game only connect at save points or when you get awards. Its like I have to prove I bought the game every second I play.