PDA

View Full Version : Does IL-2 stab decrease game FPS?

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 03:35 AM
I've just started to run FB with IL-2 stab (ver 1.5 I think), mostly to get the swastikas and was wondering if running the game through stab vs without stab hurts performance, both FPS and load times. Load times seem to be longer with stab, and haven't played enough to determine FPS.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 03:35 AM
I've just started to run FB with IL-2 stab (ver 1.5 I think), mostly to get the swastikas and was wondering if running the game through stab vs without stab hurts performance, both FPS and load times. Load times seem to be longer with stab, and haven't played enough to determine FPS.

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 04:00 AM
I've used Stab since about version 2.1 or something like that with IL-2 - I'm now using version 3.0 with FB - I haven't noticed any FPS drop while playing it, and just ran the Black Death track "benchmark" to test it, and got the same FPS with IL-2 Stab as without it, so probably no worries there.

I just use it for the historical markings and the "war diary" feature (which only works with static-type campaigns like "Experten") - I'm playing mostly the "Experten" downloaded campaign, but I also did do some tweaking in conf.ini and some other manual tweaks to some other files I found tips for in some other threads here several weeks/months ago when I was playing the dynamic campaigns, so I haven't tried messing with the campaign settings in IL-2 Stab 'cause I didn't want to take a chance on screwing up those other settings.

Wir sind die schwarzen Husaren der Luft,
Die Stukas, die Stukas, die Stukas.

... "Stuka-Lied"

XyZspineZyX
07-11-2003, 07:27 AM
Version 3.0 of Stab is the only version that officially supports IL-2: FB. I suggest you download and install this version (I would uninstall the previous version first).

It does not effect the game at all. And Version 3.1 will be released in a day or two to support the FB 1.1 patch.

Matt
http://www.users.on.net/mjtm/IL-2/

Message Edited on 07/11/0305:30PM by matttm