PDA

View Full Version : Question about damage stats and hit points

ElderForest
10-01-2010, 01:29 PM
Looking at the unit stats most units have a 400 hit point value. But how do the the damage stats work? - if the stats say a unit does, say, 40 damage against a particular target is this over to a certain time period - say 40 damage per second? - in which case it would take 10 seconds to take down a target.

If it is "40 damage per shot" then the relative rate of fire of units must be a factor in combat but there are no stats that indicate a units rate of fire.

Regarding Bombers are the damage stats quoted related to single bombs - therefore total damage done by a bomber is damage stat x number of bombs carried?

Axe99
10-02-2010, 02:24 AM
I'm pretty sure damage is per shot/salvo, so for a bomber, it's for a 'load', for an AA gun it's for a 'burst', for an 88mm/90mm AA Gun it's for one short, and so on.

However, not sure about relative timing of bursts to each other. Haven't noticed any units being significantly slower to fire than others though.

ElderForest
10-02-2010, 06:38 AM
The maximum damage stat for any bomber against a building is 500 (Lancaster, B17, PE8).

Even a supply depot has 750hp so if the stats apply to the full load no bomber should be able to take down a supply depot in a single pass.
I am sure I have seen a single Medium Bomber (316hp) take out a supply depot on its own.

It would also take 8 heavy bomber loads to take out a headquarters (4000hp).

Axe99
10-02-2010, 02:39 PM
Not true, damage by bombers vs buildings varies quite a bit - I think I'll do my 'RUSE Unit Stats' for Bombers next - watch that post, should be up in the half-hour or so http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif.

But you're right on the buildings - other than a primary HQ, from memory they're all 750.

ElderForest
10-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Ahhh...I think I've answered my own question on the bombers - I was looking at the old unit stats for the original Beta - the heavy bombers now do 1042 damage not 500 as previously and some of the the mediums now do 789 - which is enough to take down a supply depot in one run.