PDA

View Full Version : P-40 and other bugs in RC_01



XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi!
These is list of my bugs:

1. P-40
a) P-40 has a better roll rate than Zero(probably A6M2)
"The P-40's roll rate at 260 mph was 96 degrees per second, three times that of the Zero's mere 35 degrees at the same speed" - there it be 360 degrees at speed 416 km/h for P-40 3,75sec. and for zero 10 sec. P-40 roll rate was 3 times better than zero.

In Fb we have roll 360 degrees at. 1000m:
speed 410 km/h: P-40(E,M) - 7sec., A6M5 - 6sec.
speed 550 km/h: P-40 - 9-10sec., A6M5 - 5-6sec.
speed 600 km/h: P-40 - 8sec., A6M5 - 5 sec.


2. P-40 has better control than Zero at high speed
"This represents the Zero's aileron design.
<-------- The horizontal V represents the hinge line, and as it can be seen, this one would require a lot of strength to move the
control, especially at high speeds.

This is more indictive of the P-40's
--<------ Here it can easily be seen that it takes less force to
move the control since its area is smaller, and the air striking
the area forward of the hinge helps move the control."

In FB:
- P-40 is very hard to control above speed 450 km/h
- A6M5 is still better to control than P-40 above the same speed

Saburo Sakai, Japans leading living Ace said: "It became extremely heavy (Zero)on the controls above 275 mph, and approaching 350 mph, the Zero's controls were so heavy it was impossible to roll. A further comment by Sakai was that the skin on the wings started to wrinkle,
causing the pilot great concern, since a number of Zero's had shed their wings in a dive."

Other:
"positive attributes of the P-40 were good armor, firepower, roll rate, and dive speed"

"The 109 definitely could not outdive the P-40; however, its
initial acceleration in the dive was very good, but a P-40 would fall on it like a cast-iron stove in very short order. One problem the 109 had in a dive was that its controls would freeze up very quickly. It would take a foolhardy pilot to push it much beyond 400 mph in a dive below 20,000 ft. or so. The P-40, on the other hand, was placarded at 485 mph. The problem with the P-40
in the dive was not so much the controls stiffening into mobility so much as that you had to keep feeding in rudder until at some point your leg lost the battle. But that would happen long after any diving 109 was overhauled and
ventilated."

"Granted, the 109 had superior high altitude performance, but that wouldn't have been a concern on the eastern front. The P-40 could outroll the Me, outdive it
(although the Me had an initial advantage"


"The overall performance of the A6M Zero and the P-40 Warhawk were as different as night and day. While the P-40 employed speed and survivability, the Zero relied on its tight turn-radius and swift climb to succeed in combat. The A6M's nimbleness was legendary; in low-speed dogfights it almost guaranteed success. Its superb climb rate gave it a big advantage over the Allied fighters it met at the beginning of the war. The Zeke's armament of two 7.7mm machineguns and two 20mm cannons was adequate but not outstanding. Although the Japanese 20mm cannon lacked range and accuracy, they hit hard at close range. The Type 00 also had excellent all-around vision."

Suorce:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/p40.htm
http://danford.net/shilling.htm
http://www.yarchive.net/mil/p40.html
http://danford.net/manual3.htm

2. P-39
Stall/ spin flight characteristic P-39 in Fb is OFF. Much more difficult plane to fly is P-40.

http://www.yarchive.net/mil/p39.html

"It was put into production before all the bugs were worked
out. And, yes, it certainly should have retained the turbo-supercharger it was originally equipped with (which gave it a top speed of 390 mph at 20,000 ft when it was first flown in 1939, making it much faster than any European fighter of that era). The P-63 was the aircraft the P-39 should
have been. The early versions of the P-39 were underpowered. The Q version was actually quite good, performance-wise, but still suffered from over-sensitive controls and the rearward movement of the center of gravity
once the nose ammo was expended. This made the plane susceptible to flat spins. Experienced pilots could handle it. But most service pilots first got their hands on a P-39 with less than 300 hours in their logbooks."

http://www.chuckhawks.com/airacobra_iron_dog.htm
" Britain accepted the French order, but soon regretted doing so. RAF pilots hated the P-39. Their main gripes were the drop in performance above 20,000 feet, a tendency to spin, and the difficulty to recover from a spin. "

Of the 9,585 examples of the P-39 built before the end of the war, 4,500 (almost half) were given to the USSR. This seems appropriate since Russia was the only country that achieved widespread success with the plane."

"Soviet pilots were introduced to the Airacobra beginning early in 1943. They too reported handling problems, primarily spinning."

A. Pokryszkin said that when fly in P-39 you must be much carefully in high acrobation expecialy, deep turnes, the top of the loop and combat reverse, because if you dont be carefully P-39 get spin and sometimes flat spin.

WE DON' HAVE IT IN FB.

3. SPIN
In FB some planes DIDN'T SPIN AT ALL: P-11, Lagg 3IT, Lagg3
or spin only in right side - majority of russian planes (family La, family Yak, family Mig). Some russian spins are 2-3 roll and plane recover by themself (without any move of stick and rudder)

4 Max dive speed

Lazy_312 wrote:
- AFAIK Russian planes follow pilot's manuals:
- LaGG-3 600km/h
- La-5 620km/h
- La-5FN 650km/h (- now in FB 730 km/h)
- Yak-3 650km/h (- now in FB 790 km/h)
- Here we are talking about IAS as stated in the
- manuals. Kozhedub said that he routinely dived La-7
- and achieved speeds over 700km/h. (- in FB 770km/h)

P-11 max speed dive:
in FB crash at 520 km/h IAS and should be:
---The real aircraft had a max allowed speed = 696 km/h, the critical load factor was = 16
[recorded tracks to prove the bug, performance data in the manual]
*During September 1939 Polish pilots used to catch German planes by diving at high speeds (600-650km/h)

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zubeq


FW-190 max speed in dive:
- in FB Fw190 A-4 crash at 830 km/h IAS
kyrule2 wrote:
- I'll just re-copy this here.
-
- "The FW-190 (A-3) has a high rate of dive, the
- initial acceleration being excellent. The maximum
- speed so far obtained in a dive is 580 mph (934
- km/h). True at 16,000 feet and at this speed the
- controls, although slightly heavier, are still
- remarkably light."


"the truth is still out there"

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:03 PM
Hi!
These is list of my bugs:

1. P-40
a) P-40 has a better roll rate than Zero(probably A6M2)
"The P-40's roll rate at 260 mph was 96 degrees per second, three times that of the Zero's mere 35 degrees at the same speed" - there it be 360 degrees at speed 416 km/h for P-40 3,75sec. and for zero 10 sec. P-40 roll rate was 3 times better than zero.

In Fb we have roll 360 degrees at. 1000m:
speed 410 km/h: P-40(E,M) - 7sec., A6M5 - 6sec.
speed 550 km/h: P-40 - 9-10sec., A6M5 - 5-6sec.
speed 600 km/h: P-40 - 8sec., A6M5 - 5 sec.


2. P-40 has better control than Zero at high speed
"This represents the Zero's aileron design.
<-------- The horizontal V represents the hinge line, and as it can be seen, this one would require a lot of strength to move the
control, especially at high speeds.

This is more indictive of the P-40's
--<------ Here it can easily be seen that it takes less force to
move the control since its area is smaller, and the air striking
the area forward of the hinge helps move the control."

In FB:
- P-40 is very hard to control above speed 450 km/h
- A6M5 is still better to control than P-40 above the same speed

Saburo Sakai, Japans leading living Ace said: "It became extremely heavy (Zero)on the controls above 275 mph, and approaching 350 mph, the Zero's controls were so heavy it was impossible to roll. A further comment by Sakai was that the skin on the wings started to wrinkle,
causing the pilot great concern, since a number of Zero's had shed their wings in a dive."

Other:
"positive attributes of the P-40 were good armor, firepower, roll rate, and dive speed"

"The 109 definitely could not outdive the P-40; however, its
initial acceleration in the dive was very good, but a P-40 would fall on it like a cast-iron stove in very short order. One problem the 109 had in a dive was that its controls would freeze up very quickly. It would take a foolhardy pilot to push it much beyond 400 mph in a dive below 20,000 ft. or so. The P-40, on the other hand, was placarded at 485 mph. The problem with the P-40
in the dive was not so much the controls stiffening into mobility so much as that you had to keep feeding in rudder until at some point your leg lost the battle. But that would happen long after any diving 109 was overhauled and
ventilated."

"Granted, the 109 had superior high altitude performance, but that wouldn't have been a concern on the eastern front. The P-40 could outroll the Me, outdive it
(although the Me had an initial advantage"


"The overall performance of the A6M Zero and the P-40 Warhawk were as different as night and day. While the P-40 employed speed and survivability, the Zero relied on its tight turn-radius and swift climb to succeed in combat. The A6M's nimbleness was legendary; in low-speed dogfights it almost guaranteed success. Its superb climb rate gave it a big advantage over the Allied fighters it met at the beginning of the war. The Zeke's armament of two 7.7mm machineguns and two 20mm cannons was adequate but not outstanding. Although the Japanese 20mm cannon lacked range and accuracy, they hit hard at close range. The Type 00 also had excellent all-around vision."

Suorce:
http://www.chuckhawks.com/p40.htm
http://danford.net/shilling.htm
http://www.yarchive.net/mil/p40.html
http://danford.net/manual3.htm

2. P-39
Stall/ spin flight characteristic P-39 in Fb is OFF. Much more difficult plane to fly is P-40.

http://www.yarchive.net/mil/p39.html

"It was put into production before all the bugs were worked
out. And, yes, it certainly should have retained the turbo-supercharger it was originally equipped with (which gave it a top speed of 390 mph at 20,000 ft when it was first flown in 1939, making it much faster than any European fighter of that era). The P-63 was the aircraft the P-39 should
have been. The early versions of the P-39 were underpowered. The Q version was actually quite good, performance-wise, but still suffered from over-sensitive controls and the rearward movement of the center of gravity
once the nose ammo was expended. This made the plane susceptible to flat spins. Experienced pilots could handle it. But most service pilots first got their hands on a P-39 with less than 300 hours in their logbooks."

http://www.chuckhawks.com/airacobra_iron_dog.htm
" Britain accepted the French order, but soon regretted doing so. RAF pilots hated the P-39. Their main gripes were the drop in performance above 20,000 feet, a tendency to spin, and the difficulty to recover from a spin. "

Of the 9,585 examples of the P-39 built before the end of the war, 4,500 (almost half) were given to the USSR. This seems appropriate since Russia was the only country that achieved widespread success with the plane."

"Soviet pilots were introduced to the Airacobra beginning early in 1943. They too reported handling problems, primarily spinning."

A. Pokryszkin said that when fly in P-39 you must be much carefully in high acrobation expecialy, deep turnes, the top of the loop and combat reverse, because if you dont be carefully P-39 get spin and sometimes flat spin.

WE DON' HAVE IT IN FB.

3. SPIN
In FB some planes DIDN'T SPIN AT ALL: P-11, Lagg 3IT, Lagg3
or spin only in right side - majority of russian planes (family La, family Yak, family Mig). Some russian spins are 2-3 roll and plane recover by themself (without any move of stick and rudder)

4 Max dive speed

Lazy_312 wrote:
- AFAIK Russian planes follow pilot's manuals:
- LaGG-3 600km/h
- La-5 620km/h
- La-5FN 650km/h (- now in FB 730 km/h)
- Yak-3 650km/h (- now in FB 790 km/h)
- Here we are talking about IAS as stated in the
- manuals. Kozhedub said that he routinely dived La-7
- and achieved speeds over 700km/h. (- in FB 770km/h)

P-11 max speed dive:
in FB crash at 520 km/h IAS and should be:
---The real aircraft had a max allowed speed = 696 km/h, the critical load factor was = 16
[recorded tracks to prove the bug, performance data in the manual]
*During September 1939 Polish pilots used to catch German planes by diving at high speeds (600-650km/h)

http://forums.ubi.com/messages/message_view-topic.asp?name=Olegmaddoxreadyroom&id=zubeq


FW-190 max speed in dive:
- in FB Fw190 A-4 crash at 830 km/h IAS
kyrule2 wrote:
- I'll just re-copy this here.
-
- "The FW-190 (A-3) has a high rate of dive, the
- initial acceleration being excellent. The maximum
- speed so far obtained in a dive is 580 mph (934
- km/h). True at 16,000 feet and at this speed the
- controls, although slightly heavier, are still
- remarkably light."


"the truth is still out there"

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:05 PM
If any have info, documents or other suorces that could help please put in here.

Cheers

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:11 PM
I wouldn't use netsites as credible sources of information, books are better instead. There are quite a few errors already in the initial post.


-jippo

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:29 PM
indeed :\


whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:51 PM
The quote he took from me at the bottom regarding the 190A dive speed is from "FW-190 In Combat" by Alfred Price. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<center>
http://www.brooksart.com/Icewarriors.jpg

"Ice Warriors", by Nicolas Trudgian.

XyZspineZyX
11-10-2003, 10:52 PM
I have seen official roll rate charts for a number of these fighters. Figures are with 50 lbs stick force at 10,000 ft.

The Zero's roll rate starts out at a max of around 56 deg/sec @ 160 mph IAS and deteriorates in a steady curve to about 37 deg/sec @ 330 mph IAS.

The P-40 (F variety anyhow) starts out at 67-68 deg/sec @ 160 mph IAS and increases in a steady curve to 95 deg/sec @ 270 mph IAS. It then decreases just a little to 94 deg/sec @ 289 mph IAS.

The P-40 should roll faster than the Zero at all speeds

***************************************

"Oh no, the V-1 Doodlebug is heading for our bunghole!" ---David

"...I possess the wings of faith. Though heavy on my shoulder (no measurement can prove their weight), still a burden are they not to me. I am the challenger of gravity." ---Emperor

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:43 AM
note the most accurate post but It still makes some great points so it gets a bump

http://www16.brinkster.com/hawkspage/hawkssig.jpg

Your not getting my buffalo wings

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 01:04 AM
Jippo01 wrote:
- I wouldn't use netsites as credible sources of
- information, books are better instead. There are
- quite a few errors already in the initial post.

Sure you are right but i don't have needed books or other documentcs. But some netsites are interesting and their owner ussually use a books and other sources which i don't have http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. On majority site there is a bibliography. Other hand if mostly site show any fact the same its probable that it is true - for example - P-40 was good in dive, roll rate etc...

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 01:06 AM
jippo the p40 seems to be one of the only 50lb stick pressure planes in fb along with the hurricane

also its overheat timing should be decreased like the 109s were.

<center>http://www.geocities.com/leadspittersig/LS1.txt
Good dogfighters bring ammo home, Great ones don't. (c) Leadspitter
<a HREF="http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=:Leadspitter:&comefrom=top5&ts=1068087655"> LeadSpitters Skins
</center>

ZG77_Nagual
11-11-2003, 01:09 AM
http://www.yarchive.net/mil/p40.html

This thread - also sighted above - contains lengthy and precise quotes from a p40 combat veteran - who also has quite strong technical knowlege. I give it some good weight.

http://pws.chartermi.net/~cmorey/pics/whiner.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:57 AM
I do recall from the charts on the p51 roll rate, that the p40 had a better roll rate than p39

S!
609IAP_Recon

Forgotten Skies Virtual War
Forum: http://fogwar.luftwaffe.net/forums/index.php
Website: http://www.forgottenskies.com
Visit 609IAP at http://takeoff.to/609IAP

http://www.leeboats.com/609/sig/609_recon3.jpg

Agnus Dei, Qui Tollis peccata mundi, Miserere nobis. Dona nobis pacem

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:07 AM
I do believe the P39`s too good to what I`ve always known. From accounts I`ve heard it was always a twitchy bird to fly with stalls/ spins. No one really seemed to want it except the russians.

It`s almost a dream in FB...

Just my two pennies.....





"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 04:07 AM
A lot of people have been whining about the Zero's firepower, so I'll pull this quote out:

The Zeke's armament of two 7.7mm machineguns and two 20mm cannons was adequate but not outstanding. Although the Japanese 20mm cannon lacked range and accuracy, they hit hard at close range.

- Saburo Sakai (if I parsed the parent correctly)

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1951.

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:19 PM
nt = No Text

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 12:52 PM
Damn right and a big bump!

I have one thing to say to Oleg:

just what the hell? All this stuff being done so wrong with the P-40 and how many patches and nothing being done about it? How can such a wrong flight model of the P-40 and now the Zero, be overseen initially, and after all the patches?

seriously ... I don't understand you and all the team working on this /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

All the info says P-40 and Zero are the oposite... Zero should turn well (and this only at slow speed) and have good climb (due to its light weight). Zero is weak as it has no armor... also no self sealing tanks. Zero's roll rate is MUCH LOWER then P-40's AT ANY SPEED, not the other way around!

After testing the Zero again some minutes ago I found the Zero can safely dive with speed of over 720kmph TAS which equals <u>450mph</u> where as the maximum allowable speed of FASTEST ZERO (the one we have in FB) is <u>410mph</u>... the speed at which Zero starts loosing control surfaces is actually some <u>750kmph</u> which is almost <u>470mph!</u>.

<u>This is a whooping 50+mph too much!</u>

Just how long will this be going on? Frankly I'm doubting it'll ever be fixed and if I'm right this sim has become just another arcade game.

<u>Can someone at least acknowledge this and say it'll be fixed?</u>

edit: By the way that TAS is pretty much same as IAS as the max speed achieved in a dive was, and was recorded, at sea level.

<center><font color="lightblue">''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
RAAF Kuky</font>
Get my skins @ IL-2Skins ('http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Edin%20"Kuky"%20Kulelija&comefrom=top5&ts=1064037392')

Message Edited on 11/11/0310:00PM by RAAF_Edin

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:24 PM
You big fat whiners!!!! You're the reason Oleg didn't visit this forum! Lighten up!!

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 02:35 PM
Keep it constructive guys. We want progress, not biterness.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/temp_sig.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 03:03 PM
this man can help us with facts

Erik Shilling

a pilot of the Flying Tigers
he flew and fought in P-40s

If someone is interested they can
contact him

follow this link
and look at the bottom of the page:

http://home.att.net/~C.C.Jordan/Shilling.html



We may be hard on the outside,but inside, we are soft as cotton.
<ceter>http://www.funnypictureswebsite.com/funnypictures/funny-pictures213.jpg </center>
WESTCOAST FOREVER!

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 04:25 PM
Unfortunately he is on the other side http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif He died in 2002.
Salute to him everywhere is!

XyZspineZyX
11-11-2003, 08:17 PM
Boosher-PBNA wrote:
- You big fat whiners!!!! You're the reason Oleg
- didn't visit this forum! Lighten up!!

Let me make something clear here Boosher... In real life P-40 had as good as double the roll rate or better, of any Zero, at any speed... in FB it's other way around... and you call us whinners for saying how wrong this is??? If you don't know these facts keep your uselless comment for yourself.

<center><font color="lightblue">''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
RAAF Kuky</font>
Get my skins @ IL-2Skins ('http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Edin%20"Kuky"%20Kulelija&comefrom=top5&ts=1064037392')

Message Edited on 11/12/0305:19AM by RAAF_Edin

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 12:42 AM
I'll bümp this thread just beacause I don't want my P-40 to be out-rolled by a Zero. Sure, they can outturn me, but with correct rollrate I can still get an angle on them and yoyo for a lead.

Gotta love that P-40 even if it does come off as a challenge from time to time. Makes it more rewarding to down the later models. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 05:22 AM
Recon_609IAP wrote:
- I do recall from the charts on the p51 roll rate,
- that the p40 had a better roll rate than p39
-

From America's Hundred Thousand the p40F had about a 20 degree per second advantage over the p39D-1 at around 230mph indicated speed. The p51B-1 has a max roll similar to the p40, but at higher speeds. Below around 280mph the p40 outrolls the p51B-1. The p39D-1 peaks around 72 degrees a second at about 240mph. While these aren't the exact version used in FB, I think they are comparable.

DangerForward

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 11:11 AM
Unfortunately we don't have any documents or manuals about roll rate of P-40 . I only found some internet site and memory of real pilots http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
The same about controls at high speed. In FB P-40 is extremaly havy in roll and elevator above 450 km/h.
I found some manual for P-40 but don't understood some words:

http://danford.net/manual3.htm

DIVING
19. The maximum permissible diving speed is 470 m.p.h. indicated. [ES: An indicated speed of 470 mph at 20,000 feet was a true airspeed of 658 mph ... or well into compressibility. A speed at which the controls became useless, and the plane could not recover from the dive.... This is what happened to Pete Atkinson over Toungoo.]

(i) Before commencing a dive propeller should be put into coarse pitch to prevent over revving and the throttle should be left slightly open.

(ii) Flaps must never be used in an attempt to reduce diving speed.

(iii) As speed increase the aircraft tends to yaw to the right, this must be counteracted by the application of left rudder tab. With the hood open this tendency to yaw to the right is considerably worse than when the hood is shut.

(iv) As speed increases there is a tendency for the aircraft to become left wing low and roll to the left, which must be counteracted by the ailerons.

(v) Rate of descent is extremely rapid and speed is picked up very quickly.


(these i don't understood because my weak english)
(vi) Recovery is normal but elevators are powerful and considerable acceleration loads will result if too much force is used during recovery.

Any could translaste it in stright word?
I mean elevator was good at high speed or not good?

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 12:35 PM
I found something interesting about roll rate of P-40 and others http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

And there is a document http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

http://mitglied.lycos.de/luftwaffe1/aircraft/usaaf/rollrate.pdf

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 02:31 PM
Kwiatos, thanks for the P-40 manual link. I'm still learning about the American aircraft, and this helps.

The sentence means that the P-40's elevators worked very well at high speed, and if the pilot pulled back too hard, he could easily pull too many g's, damaging the airplane and/or himself. Other than this, dive recovery was apparently normal.

Hopefully 1C will take the data posted by you and others to more accurately reflect the P-40 in the game. Given the lack of response from 1C on the data posted concerning the P-47D-27's roll rate, I'm not holding my breath on the P-40. After flying the P-39N1 and P-40E in the game, I can't help but think the FM's for the two aircraft got switched. In the game, the P-39 rolls much better at all speeds, and stalls more gracefully than the P-40, which is counter to what I've read so far about the aircraft in real life.

I also hope that the final patch corrects prop pitch modeling such that pulling the throttle back at high speed actually reduces power (not RPM). Currently I'll still hold 40" of boost during an idle decent at anything over ~350 kph in either Allison powered aircraft. If the team at 1C has data to show this is how the engine worked, let us know and we'll shut up about it. Previous reports of this bug (by myself and others) have gone unanswered in previous patches.

On the plus side, at least the P-40 doesn't blow up any more when it hits 550 kph.

Blotto

"Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter craft, no matter how technically advanced." - A. Galland

"Look, do you want the jets, or would you rather I slap the props back on?" - W. Messerschmitt

http://home.mindspring.com/~blottogg/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/14fsPatch.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:09 AM
Kwiatos: Thanks for digging out that document! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

I'm glad there's more people who care about the P-40. Has anyone mailed 1c and the team to point this thread out? If not, then please do. I can't get my e-mail to work, and I'll be away from computers until Monday (by then it'll be too late...).



Message Edited on 11/13/0301:20AM by Ketalar

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:22 AM
Yes i send e-mail but without any tracks. I send these documents but today not yesterday http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif. Unfortunately I found it today.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:47 AM
Kwiatos:
Thanks again! The team will get your mail tomorrow, Thursday, which is said to be the last day for reporting "bugs" and other issues. So you got it to them in time! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

I'm off to bed now, hopefully when I get back online on Monday we'll have news from the team. (Sure, I'll try the P-51, but I suspect I'll return to my trusted P-40. After all, it was the inclusion of the P-40 that was the deciding factor that made me buy IL-2:FB and not IL-2 or that other combat flight simulator (hmm...). /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif )

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 11:51 AM
As i think P-40 in Fb should have better roll rate and better control elevator at high speed. I test maximum speed at the deck and high and these is correct. I hope that Oleg M. will fix these.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:14 PM
Dont expect too much to change guys,
The last post I saw Oleg make in regards to reporting bugs was quite clear.

He was quite specific about saying do not use the bug report form to say this is wrong about flight model please change.

Game bugs only, not flight models, you really should take more notice of the developer when he makes posts.

Imagine the mountain of complaints about flight models Oleg and team has to wade through, and throw in the recycle bin whilst looking for genuine game bugs, like sound issues for example.

I would not expect too much change in any current flight model.

S!

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:27 PM
I dont expect anything to be changed in the p40 I dont think oleg is at all concerned that it's pork or it would have been done long ago like when that exploding bug was fixed that would have been a perfect time to fix it.I just dont think that many care for it as a plane so why bother to change it aye.

Just look how fast the mustang was adjusted and thats only becuase he cares what people think about this particular FM




No1RAAF_Pourshot
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~andycarroll68/CA-15%20Kangaroo.jpg

No1_RAAF

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:53 PM
but we must try. no try no succes

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:55 PM
I don't know what it takes for Oleg to fix the P-40. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

<center><font color="lightblue">''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
RAAF Kuky</font>
Get my skins @ IL-2Skins ('http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Edin%20"Kuky"%20Kulelija&comefrom=top5&ts=1064037392')

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:12 PM
oh....I forgot to say... In the P-40 Pilot's Manual it says that the P-40 should not be dived at speeds greater then 480Mph... however this 480Mph is the speed marked on the cocpit instrument, meaning this is <u>480Mph IAS</u> not TAS.

<center><font color="lightblue">''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''
RAAF Kuky</font>
Get my skins @ IL-2Skins ('http://www.il2skins.com/?action=list&authoridfilter=Edin%20"Kuky"%20Kulelija&comefrom=top5&ts=1064037392')