PDA

View Full Version : Circle button not working

cwoad
01-16-2011, 08:57 AM
I can see my attacker following me, I KNOW its him. When I go into a crowd who look like me and I see them coming up to me, I quickly run out and press circle so many times, but they still seem to kill me. Does the square have more range than the circle button?

marbatico
01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
wrong forum mate.

anyway, when you press the stun button and you're hunter presses his kill button at the excact same time, the kill will be executed.

Avl521
01-16-2011, 12:43 PM
And you're not supposed to run to your pursuer and press O, you have to surprise him (smoke bomb for example) and then press O.

With the smoke bomb you can even stun him even if he has already pressed to kill.
You throw the smoke bomb and press circle, the animation looks as if he's gonna stab you but your character evades the hit and stuns the guy.

So basically if you know it's him: surprise him and stun him.

And this should be on the multiplayer forum.

Black_Widow9
01-16-2011, 01:19 PM
I'm going to move this here- http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood Multiplayer Discussion (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=frm&s=&f=2361024388)

BLineDesigns
01-16-2011, 01:44 PM
It certainly seems like Square will completely trump Circle, even if you manage to hit it before they hit Square. I've started the animation for stun many times only to have them interrupt and kill me. It's irritating, but I assume this is to ensure that the hunted don't simply spam stun to take care of anyone within range. I think the point of stun is to humiliate a player when you have spotted them but they have not yet seen you, not as an ultimate counter to being killed. I think that the point is to illustrate that you are prey, and for the most part outside of abilities and your powers of observation, powerless. The advantage should be to the hunters. Stun works to keep the hunters on their guard, and not run around killing everyone in sight. They have to be as cunning as the prey, so I would say that the stun feature is fairly balanced as it is.

Or I may be basing these assumptions off of the effects of having a very slow connection. Either way I enjoy the game.

DoctorEurope
01-16-2011, 02:22 PM
My only complaint about the stun: Occasionally the stun button just won't appear over people's head. -_-

But to answer your question: Assassination DOES have priority over stun. So if you press Stun at the exact time he presses the Assassinate button he will win.

Phyxsius-
01-16-2011, 02:31 PM
If you have a lock on someone else, the Stun won`t appear. This is equally true when a team-mate has a lock on a different persona.

Other than that, you STILL can die at any time between you first starting the animation and actually connecting your fist.

Rule of thumb : Use abilities such as Smoke Bomb or Mute to "safe stun", or make sure your target doesn`t know who you are.

And remember... they may just as well be "baiting" you to try and stun for a very easy kill.

PieAssassino
01-16-2011, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by DoctorEurope:
My only complaint about the stun: Occasionally the stun button just won't appear over people's head. -_-

This can happen if your pursuer poisons you without you noticing.

DoctorEurope
01-16-2011, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by PieAssassino:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DoctorEurope:

This can happen if your pursuer poisons you without you noticing. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Nah most of the times it's happened I haven't died of poison. :P