PDA

View Full Version : Y axis reversal on X52

Westgate68
01-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Guys - first time posting. I have just bought a new PC with Vista. I have an X52 which worked quite happily on my old XP setup. I have been on the X52 forum with a problem which nobody seems able to help me with. After/despite downloading and installing the new X52 drivers my Y axis is reversed. I can apply a reversal in Falcon 4.0 and FSX so I have overcome the problem. But IL2 - 1946 does not allow for Y axis reversal - is there any way I can change the parameters in order to reverse the incorrect Y axis? It is driving me loopy not being able to fly my favourite sim! It is an X52 problem, but any help regarding changing settings within the program would be so appreciated. Thanks guys.

Urufu_Shinjiro
01-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Go into the game, go to controls, scroll down to HOTAS. Find the elevators and click to the right of it, then move the stick forward. That should do it. When you assign an axis in HOTAS it assigns it according to the direction you move it. Found this out the hard way one day, lol.

VW-IceFire
01-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Strange...I'd try what was suggested above. I didn't have that issue at all. X-52 or X-52Pro out of curiosity?

berg417448
01-08-2008, 05:02 PM
I had the same issue and what Urufu_Shinjiro posted cured it for me.

julian265
01-08-2008, 05:03 PM
Strange is right!

FYI taking the x52 apart, and flipping both Y axis magnets will also invert the axis.

Redwulf 32 - Nis
01-09-2008, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by julian265:
Strange is right!

FYI taking the x52 apart, and flipping both Y axis magnets will also invert the axis.

As Urufu_Shinjiro says, IL2 expects deflection of the stick in a certain direction, deflect the wrong way during HOTAS assignment will reverse the axies. No need to go all complicated and perform surgury on your X52, simply reassign axis this time deflecting the "other" way.

Hope this helps

cya around