PDA

View Full Version : I wish Ubisoft made Fallout New Vegas

Raff_GreySabre
01-10-2011, 07:31 PM
After playing alot of Fallout New Vegas (and platinuming it), it's refreshing to see another company make an open world game (that is also a sequel) that is actually good.

I never got to play AC1 or 2, but I bought ACB last tuesday, and I am constantly remarking about how much better (see: fun) it is than Fallout New Vegas.

When I played Fallout New Vegas, I never thought a game could be so badly and horribly butchered, graphically and technically.

Fallout New Vegas is a different style/genre, but Ubisoft manages to pull off with one company what Bethesda and Obsidian couldn't do with two.

That said, ACB is my new favourite game.

Looking forward to Ubisoft's 2011 games http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

ThaWhistle
01-10-2011, 08:14 PM
i never liked anyhting bethesda made. it always seemed to detached and paperwork like.

You are shooting an enemy, would you like to use good bullets or bad ones? Which body part would you like to hit? your bullets will arrive in 3-5 business days. Your weapons condition is low, you should fill out form WA-2047A to acquire a new one. Engage in very clunky conversation.

Avl521
01-10-2011, 09:04 PM
Yeah, you should have played at least AC2 though, to get a better perspective at the story, before getting AC:B.

But yeah, the open world in AC is incredibly cool.

The thing I hated about the recent Fallout games, is that the graphics are completely like if the game was designed 4 years ago, even more.
The game mechanics are also slow, there are a big number of bugs/glitches and the entertainment value just seems lacking.
The game mechanics didn't seem original, and for that sake weren't the best of the bunch of similar games, so I didn't like the recent Fallouts.

kriegerdesgottes
01-11-2011, 02:31 PM
I wanted to like fallout but every time I play it I just end up irritated and bored. Like avl said it is very slow, the graphics aren't as good as AC, the story is just kinda meh, and you can shoot things 50 times before they die including people.

Foppezao
01-11-2011, 06:37 PM
couldn't agree with you more..it didn't take long to decide whether to buy ACB or new vegas..I remember the very few freezes in AC1 where fixed immediately after an early patch..All the new DLC in Fallou3 [we had to wait more then a year for ps3] where all bugged, poorly tested while the ideas where pretty good..kudo's for ubisoft for making such beautiful huge open worlds without any bugs...

Warforger
01-11-2011, 07:30 PM
I couldn't agree with you less. Fallout had a MUCH MUCH MUCH better world because if you wandered around you could actually DO SOMETHING! Rather then just do the same thing everywhere. I had a much better time playing Fallout 3 then i did playing ACB's SP campaign, sure you could run around the rooftops but after awhile it gets old, you could assassinate the guards there but again it gets old the funnest part is trying to get into a restricted area and assassinating the leader avoiding detection the best you can (you will anyway since most hide in a building). While the environments look better in ACB the characters are far uglier then then in FO3, I was disgusted by the fetish sex the characters had, it made me think "wow does this game actually think it looks good?" I mean the guy's boxy fingers and poorly rendered face made it disgusting.

But I guess the main reason being is that in ACB you need a horse to get around because getting around is arbitrary but needed, in Fallout 3 you don't get anything because running is enough, you never know what you will find and it's worth wandering the wasteland. The open world in AC:B felt rather pushed and unnecessary, you could wander around whole cities and find nothing new besides the story missions. At least do something like Just Cause 2, have a big world and then have **** to do all over, sure it's a sandbox but a much better executed sandbox, it was alot funner to get around in that game since the grappling hook is funner then climbing, but more importantly you could find new unique places to have fun in, as opposed to the hoping you'll find a restricted area to assasinate Borgia captains in.

TheSpectator
01-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Lol.

Avl521
01-11-2011, 08:18 PM
lol nice rant dude.

Did you forget the /sarcasm at the end? lmao

Warforger
01-11-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by Avl521:
lol nice rant dude.

Did you forget the /sarcasm at the end? lmao

Oh wow.

villy23
01-11-2011, 08:24 PM
i know what warforger meant, i reckon AC games are my favourites but after playing read dead redemption i think that just roaming is very boring and those random assist a citizen type missions would go in ACB well as you can then win over the people of Rome

Redfeather1975
01-11-2011, 08:39 PM
Hey guys, is Fallout 3 okay though?
Because I saw Fallout 3 for sale last weekend, and it came with 4 expansion packs included for really cheap.
So I picked it up, but I haven't played it yet.

Avl521
01-11-2011, 08:51 PM
Yeah the game is fine, it's good, but it has various issues, at least imho.

But if you have it, play it no doubt, it's a good game.

Ass4ssin8me
01-12-2011, 03:32 AM
Originally posted by Warforger:
I couldn't agree with you less. Fallout had a MUCH MUCH MUCH better world because if you wandered around you could actually DO SOMETHING! Rather then just do the same thing everywhere. I had a much better time playing Fallout 3 then i did playing ACB's SP campaign, sure you could run around the rooftops but after awhile it gets old, you could assassinate the guards there but again it gets old the funnest part is trying to get into a restricted area and assassinating the leader avoiding detection the best you can (you will anyway since most hide in a building). While the environments look better in ACB the characters are far uglier then then in FO3, I was disgusted by the fetish sex the characters had, it made me think "wow does this game actually think it looks good?" I mean the guy's boxy fingers and poorly rendered face made it disgusting.

But I guess the main reason being is that in ACB you need a horse to get around because getting around is arbitrary but needed, in Fallout 3 you don't get anything because running is enough, you never know what you will find and it's worth wandering the wasteland. The open world in AC:B felt rather pushed and unnecessary, you could wander around whole cities and find nothing new besides the story missions. At least do something like Just Cause 2, have a big world and then have **** to do all over, sure it's a sandbox but a much better executed sandbox, it was alot funner to get around in that game since the grappling hook is funner then climbing, but more importantly you could find new unique places to have fun in, as opposed to the hoping you'll find a restricted area to assasinate Borgia captains in.
/sarcasm

There you go Avl521

Honestly I don't like fallout.... The gameplay, is basically as follows ( this is my personal opinion so don't worry RedFeather you may not feel the same )

Walk around barren wastelands....

Oh that guy has a nice hat...

Enter Vats.

Body body head body.

Dead.

Pick up hat and repeat...

Avl521
01-12-2011, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by Ass4ssin8me:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Warforger:

/sarcasm

There you go Avl521

Honestly I don't like fallout.... The gameplay, is basically as follows ( this is my personal opinion so don't worry RedFeather you may not feel the same )

Walk around barren wastelands....

Oh that guy has a nice hat...

Enter Vats.

Body body head body.

Dead.

Pick up hat and repeat... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you.
And yeah I share your opinion on gameplay, adding mine that the graphics on the game are completely dated and fake.
And the characters can't even climb ladders! because "the engine can't handle ladders", I read it on IGN on an interview with the game producers.
And I quote by producer Todd Howard:

"Play our game; find a ladder that you can use. We don't have them, One day, we tried to figure out why we wanted ladders so bad because we don't really need them. It just felt like we're game development pussies because we can't do ladders.

Howard explained the primary reason for not being able to include ladders into environments is due to their engine, saying ladders caused problems for character AI.

He said it himself, Fail indeed.

kriegerdesgottes
01-12-2011, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by villy23:
i know what warforger meant, i reckon AC games are my favourites but after playing read dead redemption i think that just roaming is very boring and those random assist a citizen type missions would go in ACB well as you can then win over the people of Rome
Ok now I have to admit Red dead redemption is a game that gave AC a run for its money. It did the open world thing really well and one thing I wish AC would do that they did was make it so that while you are walking around things randomly generate like women on the side of the road need help or a bunch of guys jump you or you can play side games like poker or my fav liars dice. that was a genius thing to include into SP and I wish AC would do more of that but I still prefer AC because it's just cooler.

veni445
01-12-2011, 05:19 PM
I personally love F:NV (Oh Redfeather F3 is awsome too) for me new vwgas built on the great aspects of F3, but each to their own i do however admit That the new fallout series and The Elder Scrolls series do need a major hraphical uphaul and better animations. Fallout sits up there though with my favourate game series my tops being the Halo series, Assassins Creed Series, Elder scrolls games, fallout games and the Battlefield games im sure there's others