PDA

View Full Version : radio chatter voice.. a president?

GAU-8
10-30-2004, 03:46 AM
several months ago, i read somewhere..have no clue, that George Bush (DADDY BUSH.....not the son), either did, or was going to do some voice acting for the american speech in PF.

can anyone confirm if this went thru? if it did not, any info available as to why? i know in real life he was shot down in the pacific... did this play any part with him not wanting to voice for a "game"

Friendly_flyer
10-30-2004, 03:51 AM
Wouldn't Bush senior sound a tad old for a combat airman?

-HH- Beebop
10-30-2004, 08:20 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Friendly_flyer:
Wouldn't Bush senior sound a tad old for a combat airman? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not if he was doing a training track.

SeaFireLIV
10-30-2004, 09:00 AM
Actually old people don`t always sound old....

GAU-8
10-30-2004, 12:40 PM
anyone officially know if its in or not?

i wouldnt be bothered if you could tell he was an older guy..

what i did read was that his highly quoted "READ MY LIPS.." was to be in the game. supposedly it it was going to be something like

"READ MY LIPS! ...2, stay in formation!"

or summat like that. i hope its in.

Spinnetti
10-30-2004, 01:57 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GAU-8:
anyone officially know if its in or not?

i wouldnt be bothered if you could tell he was an older guy..

what i did read was that his highly quoted "READ MY LIPS.." was to be in the game. supposedly it it was going to be something like

"READ MY LIPS! ...2, stay in formation!"

or summat like that. i hope its in. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, if it was to be historically accurate, once he said 'read my lips, Stay in formation' (no new taxes), he would immediately break formation!

SwingerSpecial
10-30-2004, 05:28 PM
Bush Sr. eh? So that's what that "BYYOOOORRGHH!!" sound effect was on that raid over Tokyo!

LEXX_Luthor
10-30-2004, 05:32 PM
Okay, this could get Fun...
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Read my lips, I will cover your six. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
hay it rhymes

PBNA-Boosher
10-30-2004, 09:53 PM
Found 5 mins of time to post, and this thread, so:

George Bush Sr. has as much right to be a part of this game as any of us. That's capitalism. Besides, I'd say he has even more right to be involved, simply because he was shot down over Chichi Jima while flying his Grumman TBF Avenger. You can re-enact the mission now, because we have the Chichi Jima map.

GAU-8
10-31-2004, 12:11 AM
i found IT!!!.. not that it really matters.. i dont think its in the game.. link below scroll down to "MISC"

http://www.skyunlimited.net/pf.htm

thx boosher, for the map info. i knew he was shot down but couldnt remember where. I wonder what all information on the net is available, about that perticular mission. maybe a well documented map/mission on that could be interesting to try on single or multiplayer..

Howie A
10-31-2004, 12:24 AM
From what I've seen of Bush Sr. I wouldn't put it past him, but I'm very skeptical. I would say SkyUnlimited was kidding http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif