PDA

View Full Version : Digital Distribution outside USA

ansysrb
01-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Hi
When will UBI going to distribute their games digitally outside USA? I live in Portugal, Europe, and would love to buy UBI games digitally.
Best regards
Ansys

iPlunder
01-15-2008, 01:57 PM
Digitally? Like Direct2drive?

ansysrb
01-15-2008, 02:40 PM
Yes, Direct2drive, Steam or Gamersgate.
Ansys

iPlunder
01-15-2008, 03:01 PM
It has to come out on PC first... so no one knows.

Crash_Plague
01-15-2008, 03:59 PM
lol, I certainly hope they do not put AC on steam when it comes out for the PC.

Trust me, I know at least 5 ways that people can take full games off of steam without paying for them, which will cheat Ubi out of a lot of money they deserve.

and before anyone asks, NO, I will not explain how to, it is illegal and hard working game producers lose money from it.

iPlunder
01-15-2008, 04:07 PM
lol, I certainly hope they do not put AC on steam when it comes out for the PC.

Trust me, I know at least 5 ways that people can take full games off of steam without paying for them, which will cheat Ubi out of a lot of money they deserve.

and before anyone asks, NO, I will not explain how to, it is illegal and hard working game producers lose money from it.

That my friend is why we have google search engine.

ansysrb
01-16-2008, 01:20 AM
For each 5 of your ways to cheat steam and ubi there must be 5000 way to make illegal copies of retail dvds! So how can ubi loose more money with a worldwide digital distribution service?
but that was not my point. My question is why do us costumers have access to something European costumer don't?
Ansys

GPNM
01-16-2008, 05:42 AM
I fully support digital distribution.

Digital distribution sites like Direct2Drive offer much better protection than a DVD (which can get stolen from the store, very easy to copy etc.).

The best thing however, is that it allows people who live in countries that don't often get these big releases, or where the average price is twice what we pay in the US is, to actually get the game at a decent price.

Crash_Plague
01-16-2008, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by ansysrb:
For each 5 of your ways to cheat steam and ubi there must be 5000 way to make illegal copies of retail dvds! So how can ubi loose more money with a worldwide digital distribution service?
but that was not my point. My question is why do us costumers have access to something European costumer don't?
Ansys

Well, regarding the ease with witch to copy reatil DVDs, I do know you are right with the cracking of games, which is why I think that Ubi decided for console realease before PC realease as it does take a certain amount of investment of time, money, and risking the frying and bricking of your gaming console. Meaning they lose let money on pirates, and if they did not do good with this game they would have lost more money. But lets not get in technicalities.

I do agree with you on the fact that euro users should be able to have access to these games. I guess steam would be ok, I just guess I just wasn't thinking when I posted earlier.

....just.....so many horrors I've seen through steam......

lolz @iPlunder.