PDA

View Full Version : re-installation run problem for FB - please help!

signalnorth
05-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I have recently purchsed fb aces. As advised on these boards I unistalled FB and PF. On reinstalling FB and trying to run it for the first time ,(I have not installed Aces or PF yet by the way) it wouldnt run and instead I got the following message:-

il2fb bad image

The application or DLL c:\Program Files\ubi soft \il2-2 forgotten battles\rts.dll is not a vaild image.

Extra info is that my original FB before removal was patched up, would the patches not being removed (if they havent been , I don't know if the unistallation prog removes them ) have an effect which would prompt this message.

I'm desperate to fly again, can anyone please help me. Thank you

signalnorth
05-28-2005, 11:48 AM
I have recently purchsed fb aces. As advised on these boards I unistalled FB and PF. On reinstalling FB and trying to run it for the first time ,(I have not installed Aces or PF yet by the way) it wouldnt run and instead I got the following message:-

il2fb bad image

The application or DLL c:\Program Files\ubi soft \il2-2 forgotten battles\rts.dll is not a vaild image.

Extra info is that my original FB before removal was patched up, would the patches not being removed (if they havent been , I don't know if the unistallation prog removes them ) have an effect which would prompt this message.

I'm desperate to fly again, can anyone please help me. Thank you

steve_v
05-28-2005, 12:03 PM
go ahead and install Aces. This is a known problem and the Ace file will replace the defect FB one. If you're not comfortable with that idea, here is a link to the Ubi Solution Center where you can get the correct file.

Forgotten Battles (http://ubisoft.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ubisoft.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1109&p_created=1046901133&p_sid=gVLTOzGh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PWRmbHQmcF9ncmlkc29yd D0mcF9yb3dfY250PTEyJnBfc2VhcmNoX3R5cGU9c2VhcmNoX25 sJnBfcHJvZF9sdmwxPTg4JnBfcHJvZF9sdmwyPTIyNCZwX2Nhd F9sdmwxPSZwX2NhdF9sdmwyPSZwX3BhZ2U9MQ**&p_li=)