PDA

View Full Version : Bloody markings!

Grand_Armee
06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Is there any way to place proper Finnish markings in this thing? I really hate looking at roundels...unless they're French or British and in my sights.

Grand_Armee
06-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Is there any way to place proper Finnish markings in this thing? I really hate looking at roundels...unless they're French or British and in my sights.

tagTaken2
06-23-2007, 11:24 PM
Try this:

http://aces_artwork.airwarfare.com/IL2-MAT_Manager_v2_36_Update.zip

Grand_Armee
06-24-2007, 02:30 AM
Thanks for that...much better!

Jasko76
06-24-2007, 05:03 AM
I can't seem to make this work with il2 1946. Is there another version?

leitmotiv
06-24-2007, 05:11 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grand_Armee:
Is there any way to place proper Finnish markings in this thing? I really hate looking at roundels...unless they're French or British and in my sights. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Seems you chose a curious moniker if you enjoy putting metal in French aircraft. Marechal Ney

mandrill7
06-24-2007, 07:05 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jasko76:
I can't seem to make this work with il2 1946. Is there another version? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

No. It turns into quite the rigamarole. There is a thread on M4T which sets out what you have to do. There is some renaming of files and then you delete and reinstall the whole Aces' series in order. I did it and it worked, except for a couple of my Yak numbers which are still porked.

Jasko76
06-24-2007, 07:29 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mandrill7:
No. It turns into quite the rigamarole. There is a thread on M4T which sets out what you have to do. There is some renaming of files and then you delete and reinstall the whole Aces' series in order. I did it and it worked, except for a couple of my Yak numbers which are still porked. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bugger! I don't think I wanna do all of that. Wouldn't it be a lot easier to update the MAT?

Skycat_2
06-24-2007, 11:37 AM
If you installed 1946 in Windows VISTA, your problem probably is that both 1946 and IL2-MAT Manager are in the Program Files folder. VISTA puts extra protection on programs installed there and doesn't allow configuration files to get updated like they should. My solution was to uninstall and reinstall outside of the Program Files folder.

Second, even in Windows XP there is one file from 1946 that you have to rename. Copy and rename is more exact, because other utilities may still be targeted to the original name. Here's what you do:
Copy and rename the il2fb.exe in your game folder to il2.exe. IL2-MAT Manager needs to find this file (with that name) to work.

The program comes with excellent documentation on how to install and run. I abbreviated the instructions plus included the above information in this thread:
http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&...9&page=1#Post2163129 (http://www.simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2163129&page=1#Post2163129)
(Go a few posts down)

Jasko76
06-24-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks Skycat!

I run Win XP, so I guess it wont be as complicated. So all I have to do is rename the *.exe file?