PDA

View Full Version : Is it Me, or the game?

bfrusa
08-19-2011, 04:34 PM
All,

It may just be my perception, but after I added the 4.09 patch, ir seems to me certain aircraft are actually flying slower AND there is no change in engine sounds when you punch up the power prior to engaging the enemy. This is especially disconcerting when flying my beloved BF-109s. Wildcats, Zeros and Hurricanes all seem slower. Has anyone else ween this?
Yes, I checked the time/speed settings. Everything on normal. Yes, I could be nuts, also. Just thought I'd ask.

bfrusa/The O'Neill

Aviar
08-19-2011, 07:20 PM
The latest official version of the game is 4.10.1.

Aviar

VW-IceFire
08-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Placebo effect is my best guess. You are hyper sensitive to changes pre and post patch that aren't actually there. We've all done that before http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

I hadn't noticed any speed differences at all between patches. Someone said something like this before so I even went back to 4.08 with an install and flew a couple of planes back to back. No differences I could spot.

jermin122
08-24-2011, 05:32 AM
In case you are have v-sync and triple buffer on in video card settings, turn them off. It makes everything in your game run slower, aircraft or weapon, which will put you in a great disadvantage in online play.

Ba5tard5word
08-24-2011, 01:12 PM
I haven't noticed any changes with the official patches and I'm sensitive to stuff like that. I've noticed what seems to be some top speed slowdown with some mods but I won't get into that since it's a separate issue.

pugo3
11-25-2011, 03:50 PM
I too have encountered the problem of aircraft performance, in this case speed, either lessening or the perception of less speed, but not due to patch upgrades. Curious, have you changed computers, upgraded/changed video card, or upgraded Video card drivers within the same time frame? My new computer came with Vista, quickly upgraded to Win7. I upgraded video card drivers sometime after that, and somewhere in the mix began to notice this loss of speed. Some dismiss this as perception, but anyone who has flown a particular aircraft extensively is going to be aware of such a change. The sound aspect you mentioned is also my situation: with my XP set up, you heard the distinct sound of the engine increasing rpm, but now I too have a monotonish sound most times. I will check re what another reponder has stated re the video card settings when I get back to flying [holiday travels], but please let me know re the questions above as to other possible causes this might derive from.

FoolTrottel
11-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Me thinks sound will have a big impact on the perception of speed...