PDA

View Full Version : Uplay / Multiplayer

BearViking
11-15-2011, 01:27 AM
We got AC:R tonight.
We have 2 Xbox Live accounts, 2 UPlay accounts and played the crap out of AC:B and racked up the rewards on both accounts.
When we load up this game, it says we do not have a UPlay Passport and it wants us to put in a code. It says for additional codes, we need to pay an extra $10.
What's going on? We already have UPlay accounts. Do we really need to do this?

Krayus Korianis
11-15-2011, 05:30 AM
Yes, it's called the Uplay Passport. It allows access to Uplay and Multiplayer on games requiring one.

BearViking
11-15-2011, 05:40 AM
So we paid $60 for a game then have to pay extra for multiplayer?
So you can't rent or buy this game pre-played without paying extra?

Krayus Korianis
11-15-2011, 05:46 AM
Cannot access Multiplayer without the passport and the passport costs $10 USD. Can be different in different countries.

When you buy the game it comes with a passport for FREE. If you didn't get another game you'll have to buy a passport for the other gamer profile.

BearViking
11-15-2011, 05:51 AM
yeah, it comes with a single, one-time use code for FREE. But surely they know there are FAMILIES that buy video games, with siblings that don't use the same gamertag...? And there is a huge pre-owned market, and, believe it or not, still places that rent games?
This is... good lord, this is beyond stupid. I can't believe there isn't a bigger outrage over this BS. I was a HUGE fan of this series and these games but this is no way to treat fans and people who paid full price for their game.

Krayus Korianis
11-15-2011, 05:57 AM
Well, boo hoo. Driver SF has this as well, but due to a screw up with the codes, they are offering the passports for free for that game.

AC:R is no different, you'll need a passport. Shoulda read the forums before you got the game. You'd then see that there was a Uplay Passport involved. You can also get a two day trial for free.

But good news... Check this site out. http://uplay.us.ubi.com/passport/

Does every user on my console need to have a unique Uplay Passport redeemed?

No, after a Uplay Passport is redeemed by a console user, all other console users will be able to access the content.