PDA

View Full Version : As a franchise, what is most important for Assassin's Creed?

OH_DragonBoy
05-30-2006, 02:49 PM

silentassasin05
05-30-2006, 02:52 PM
I would say the second and third choice.

Fates.Dark.Hand
05-30-2006, 04:47 PM
yeah i would agree. second and third choice.

and i suppose the 4th one would be good too. it's nice having changes in games now and again. you dont really want the same game style over and over again but with a different name

Darkfrost_674
05-30-2006, 05:39 PM
2nd and 3rd..

HorTyS
05-30-2006, 07:10 PM
2 and 3... but the fact that there's this futuristic genetic memory twist, means they could change time periods, so that opens up alot of possibilities as well. being an assassin in the old west, that could be cool to.

OH_DragonBoy
05-31-2006, 06:35 AM
No one has voted for continuity? Wow...I was not expecting that. Especially after Prince of Persia.

moobz
05-31-2006, 06:49 AM
i actually voted for the fourth one, i like the changes there were from POP-SOT to POP-WW for example, and then when POP-T2T came out all we saw was an improvement of the game with good things of WW that were removed which was fairly dissapointing.

Lhorkan
05-31-2006, 07:17 AM
The games should improve. There won't be much continuity - you murder some people, uncover some mystery, and the game is finished. Well, probably.

RK_Achilles
05-31-2006, 09:15 AM
Obviously people will want the games to get better, continuity is nice and from the sounds of it, the stories will be connected, but maybe not connected by time.<good or bad who knows. I really dont want the games to become modern day, there are a hundred other games out there like that. I was disapointed to hear about the futuristic lab and "genetic memory" stuff, but I could end up being cool. I hope there arent big time leaps from game to game. Just new distinctivly different cities and areas would be fine with me.

CrackerMonkey
05-31-2006, 02:52 PM
Well, for me it really depends on how good the first game is. If it's a horrible game then by all means fix the gameplay first. Then again, if the gameplay is enjoyable and I don't get dead-tired of it in the first installment, then I'm one of those weird guys who thinks that story continuity is ace. Just look at MGS. Sure, MGS2 and 3 introduced some new elements and overall made the game better, but the basic concept is still the same. I always come back for more since it's such a brilliant story. If the developers manage to make me feel for the characters, or at least make them interesting enough to explore their future, then I'll almost buy a game just because I'm curious as to what happened to them.

Personally, I loved PoP1, but PoP2 kind of ruined it for me to be brutally honest. The prince I once knew had changed completely without me being able to observe this drastic change.

*sigh* I just wish Square Enix would make a sequel to FF7... Now with a movie and everything, I really want to get back there. FFX just kind of sucked story-wise really. Tidus was just a dull pretty-boy and Yuna was just way too silent to make her interesting.
Oh well.

(Ermm... Voted continuity.)

mrsmooth_840
06-04-2006, 02:43 AM
I think that a sequal must have something new that wasn't in the last game, but also have a fluid transition between you know, don't make a comletely new story line and change every aspect of gameplay, but don't keep it the same, like the infamous dynasty wariors franchise, it's all the same!

Dudelike
06-04-2006, 11:30 AM
2 and 3

TheEvilEye1919
06-04-2006, 11:53 AM
you cant name only one or two of the choices as best or most important. all four fit together too closely.
continuity is important, as if each game was barely or not linked, then they should be seperate games, not a series. personally i like a good storyline that flows well with clever links between games.
adding something new and the game getting better as the series advances could be said to be the same thing. basically they both mean, add and change some aspects to improve upon mistakes made in the original game.
finally some dramatic changes are welcome, aslong as they make sense in the game universe created in the original. aslong as it isnt totally random, and by that, make the game lose its credibility, and if they implement the changes well, then it is good.

***** at me if you disagree http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Xanog
06-04-2006, 11:59 AM
Well, I'd go with the third choice.

Much like with the Prince of Persia series, I'd hope that each game would be much better than the last.

zgubilici
06-04-2006, 02:25 PM
I would like to see continuity, because this is a series and indeed, as Orlando said, we have seen with POP a situation in which the gap from the first game to the next one was somehow bewildering to a lot of fans.
The second in line in terms of preference would be choice 3 - I would want to see the games getting better.
Of course, choice 2 is important as well, but I think that what is described there will happen anyway, since every installment usually adds something new to the gameplay and to the series in general.

FableB
06-13-2006, 05:18 AM
A perfect game would have all the four choices...but since nothing is prefect...i would say the fourth choice...

OH_DragonBoy
06-13-2006, 01:31 PM
the results are interesting. I'm, to be honest, suprised this thread is still alive, but there you go.
Adding something new to a game is important, but I'm a story-guy, so I like to see continuity between games. I mean, having characters change shape and voice three times in a trilogy...well, you know something's gone wrong, there.