PDA

View Full Version : Credits

Altair661
08-28-2011, 09:37 PM
We all have beaten Assassin's Creed. And we all know the credits are excessively long. Dont get me wrong, AC is an AMAZING GAME, however me and my friends always kid around on how long the credits are.

But you know how long the credits are in ACB? And how many studios are helping in on ACR? I'll let you put 2 and 2 together.

naran6142
08-28-2011, 09:47 PM
as i have to figure out the topic for myself.

is this a thread about AC having credits that are too long???

if so i have nothing to complain about, everyone that helped with the game deserves credit

Jexx21
08-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Just make in a playable thing like in AC2.

Altair661
08-28-2011, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:

if so i have nothing to complain about, everyone that helped with the game deserves credit

Im simply saying that they should try something like AC2 because these credits are going to be mega long. I know everyone deserves credit, i support that. But it's really just an inconvience.

naran6142
08-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Im simply saying that they should try something like AC2 because these credits are going to be mega long. I know everyone deserves credit, i support that. But it's really just an inconvience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, i hope i didnt offend u or anything, if so i didn't mean to. the opening post was just a little unclear

but ya a playable credit sequence would be nice, especially when if you quit the game during the credits you have to watch them before you can free roam again.

but im going to watch the whole credits in case there is dialog like in ACB

Poodle_of_Doom
08-28-2011, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by naran6142:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Altair661:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by naran6142:

Im simply saying that they should try something like AC2 because these credits are going to be mega long. I know everyone deserves credit, i support that. But it's really just an inconvience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ya, i hope i didnt offend u or anything, if so i didn't mean to. the opening post was just a little unclear

but ya a playable credit sequence would be nice, especially when if you quit the game during the credits you have to watch them before you can free roam again.

but im going to watch the whole credits in case there is dialog like in ACB </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'd prefer them not to be excessively long. In this particular instance though, I'd prefer a playable section.

iMBUE_
08-28-2011, 10:36 PM
Has complaining become so rampant that it is now attacking the end credits? Seriously, can't tell if stupid, or troll.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Now come on now, the guy addressed something that was of concern to him. And he didn't address it as a complaint, but was looking to see if everyone else thought there'd be more.

Moultonborough
08-28-2011, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by wraith_05:
Has complaining become so rampant that it is now attacking the end credits? Seriously, can't tell if stupid, or troll.

I truly don't mean offense or be rude but for me I think it's uncalled for. Sorry, but it's true. Just because others do it does not mean you need to make it worse. That's all. Now, on topic the credits don't really bother me. They always have something interesting in them enough so that I think about it through the rest of them. And really, look at all the studios that make it. Also they are no where near as long as the MGS credits particularly MGS4. As long as they are they deserve to have all their names in them considering how much effort they put into the game.

iMBUE_
08-28-2011, 10:58 PM
I still see no need in removing, or shortening the end credits. Everyone that worked to produce the game deserves credit.

I have no issue with the length of credits. I have always been under the impression that it is important to sit through them in order to discover hidden content.

Now, having said that, the way credits are implemented can be changed many ways, though I wouldn't mind them staying as they are. A good example is Dead Space 2 end credits. I think it was also mentioned above, that a credits system as such, would add some deliciousness.

I'm not complaining about the length of the credits. It's just crazy that someone would have an opinion regarding end credits being an issue.

LightRey
08-29-2011, 03:55 AM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
This. It would help pass the time and it was absolutely awesome in ACII.

ProdiGurl
08-29-2011, 05:08 AM
I'm probly one of weird ones, I check out the credits becuz I'm interested in what all it takes to put together a game. Not so much the specific names, but what departments do what.

The longer the credits, the more I wonder how they make their money back sometimes. Credits have to be there and I don't care how long they go - give credit where it's due - always.

ProdiGurl
08-29-2011, 05:11 AM
Originally posted by wraith_05:

I think this is becoming our culture where if something doesn't benefit us directly (or immediately), we're negative towards it.?
I dunno anymore.

I can promise you that if any one of us did work on this game, we'd have our family & friends glued to the credits as our name rolls by. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

NewBlade200
08-29-2011, 08:02 AM
Long credits aren't that bad. They can be fun if you want. Just look for funny names, like Ben Dover.

ProdiGurl
08-29-2011, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
Long credits aren't that bad. They can be fun if you want. Just look for funny names, like Ben Dover.

That too - alot of them include their nicknames & those lead to some thought as to how they got those names.

I just think it's fascinating all the departments that do the most minute little things you would never think of.
I think that's why I take some offense to overly [rude] critical people against these games. So much work & time goes into them. If I were involved in creating a game, I'd be very hurt to read alot of gamer comments.

That's just me tho and I know I'm sensitive sometimes.

blazefp
08-29-2011, 09:18 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:
This. It would help pass the time and it was absolutely awesome in ACII. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

same opinion

Animuses
08-29-2011, 09:27 AM
Creidts for the English version of AC okay, fine with that, but they put credits for the Spanish version, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, German, Blah blah blah. They have nothing to do with the game I played.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Animuses:
Creidts for the English version of AC okay, fine with that, but they put credits for the Spanish version, Italian, Chinese, Japanese, German, Blah blah blah. They have nothing to do with the game I played.

Yeah they do... Some of these languages are available on your english disc, like Italin for example. And who do you think coded it for other languages? Oh yeah, that's right. You don't have to think about it. You can go watch the credits and tell me, now can't you?

waynedavies89
08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
speaking of credits
Did Patrice Désilets get his for ACB?

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by waynedavies89:
speaking of credits

Doesn't look like it.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_D%C3%A9silets#Games_credited)

waynedavies89
08-29-2011, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by waynedavies89:
speaking of credits

Doesn't look like it.... (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrice_D%C3%A9silets#Games_credited) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

guess not.
A bit unfair really if you ask me

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 03:56 PM
Yeah. However, to my own discredit,.... it is wikipedia I sourced.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Yeah they do... Some of these languages are available on your english disc, like Italin for example. And who do you think coded it for other languages? Oh yeah, that's right. You don't have to think about it. You can go watch the credits and tell me, now can't you?
Hmm, so every single dubbing of this game has something to do with the English version? Makes sense.

Jexx21
08-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by ProdiGurl:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wraith_05:

I think this is becoming our culture where if something doesn't benefit us directly (or immediately), we're negative towards it.?
I dunno anymore.

I can promise you that if any one of us did work on this game, we'd have our family & friends glued to the credits as our name rolls by. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The funny thing is, he wasn't even really being negative about it.

Altair661
08-29-2011, 05:54 PM
Woah, I didnt mean to complain, or troll for that matter. I honestly do not care how many "posts" I have. I was asking a genuine question on whether any one thought about it. I know everyone deserves their credit. If I helped out in any small or big way I would definetly love to see my name in the credits. Some people love the credtis, I could honestly care less to sit there for over 10 minutes to watch them, and I can't free-roam if I dont. They should do what any other game does, and just give you the option to leave. For all of you that feel the need to come onto the thread and bag on that, congratulations, hope you feel better about yourself. Because insulting or complaing about it, makes you just as much of a troller as you accuse me of being. If it doesnt help the thread, why say it? It helps in no way.

SixKeys
08-29-2011, 05:55 PM
I'm all for giving credit to everyone who worked on the game. Like others have suggested though, it would be nice to have a short cut scene or playable sequence during or after the credits. In AC1 I think you got an achievement if you waited until the end credits, plus you were able to roam around the Abstergo lab and read e-mails you might have missed earlier. I still sit through the AC1 credits for that.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 07:55 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
Hmm, so every single dubbing of this game has something to do with the English version? Makes sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have english, italin, spanish, and german on my American version. You tell me if they should be credited or not. It would seem to me that they should be, because they worked on it. I assume it's only fair to the other tranlators as well.

Animuses
08-29-2011, 08:55 PM
I forgot that you can change the language. My bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Poodle_of_Doom
08-29-2011, 09:26 PM
I forgot that you can change the language. My bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Yes... Yes it is...