PDA

View Full Version : Roleplay - Yes or no?

Phacrebion
11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Out of curiousity, I'd figure I'd examine the following poll results for roleplay or not. Usually I think of a gamer that'd play this type of game, a somewhat roleplay fanatic, or atleast been introduced into it.

Though, there are some hack n' slash gamers that just play the game to screw around and kill, or just follow the story line itself (which I'm not saying is bad in any way).

So, if you've ever roleplayed, heard of it, or haven't, please answer, and explain how, and why.

Note: Those of whom that don't know what roleplaying is, it's taking the role of your character, giving him/her an attitude, and a particular role in their environment.

Or, in simpler terms, a player that acts as the character, and gives themself other things to do besides the main story-line, etc.

(And, out of personal belief, I'm sure everyone that has played such a game of AC, whether RPG, or adventure has, unknowingly, participated in some sort of RP in their mind.)

Phacrebion
11-11-2007, 07:40 PM
Out of curiousity, I'd figure I'd examine the following poll results for roleplay or not. Usually I think of a gamer that'd play this type of game, a somewhat roleplay fanatic, or atleast been introduced into it.

Though, there are some hack n' slash gamers that just play the game to screw around and kill, or just follow the story line itself (which I'm not saying is bad in any way).

So, if you've ever roleplayed, heard of it, or haven't, please answer, and explain how, and why.

Note: Those of whom that don't know what roleplaying is, it's taking the role of your character, giving him/her an attitude, and a particular role in their environment.

Or, in simpler terms, a player that acts as the character, and gives themself other things to do besides the main story-line, etc.

(And, out of personal belief, I'm sure everyone that has played such a game of AC, whether RPG, or adventure has, unknowingly, participated in some sort of RP in their mind.)

MrMoo333
11-11-2007, 07:41 PM
Hells yeah!!!

SJCHS_Ghost
11-11-2007, 07:42 PM
I suppose I will just because I love freerunning/parkour more then the fighting in the game and Altair would probably have the same feelings.

membernametaken
11-11-2007, 07:44 PM
I said "Maybe/Somewhat" since I won't do that until after I beat the main storyline.

Going through the second time, I don't see what the problem with putting your own spin on it; it would be fun.

Honestly, when I saw this thread, I thought you were taking a poll on whether people here on this forum would like to take part in a "roleplaying AC" thread where we all take the role of a character in the game and put them through a unique story by writing it ourselves.

If anyone thinks that's a good idea... i'd be up for taking part in it. However, I think the flames would be too much for us to handle.

Phacrebion
11-11-2007, 07:53 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by membernametaken:
I said "Maybe/Somewhat" since I won't do that until after I beat the main storyline.

Going through the second time, I don't see what the problem with putting your own spin on it; it would be fun.

Honestly, when I saw this thread, I thought you were taking a poll on whether people here on this forum would like to take part in a "roleplaying AC" thread where we all take the role of a character in the game and put them through a unique story by writing it ourselves.

If anyone thinks that's a good idea... i'd be up for taking part in it. However, I think the flames would be too much for us to handle. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I wouldn't mind setting up one, it'd be a wonderful time killer for the next two or three days. I've participated in those before, including in-game WoW RP (i nonerd rite).

I know for sure I'd like to see Kaxen participate in said RP thread. I was going to start one up after this thread.

And, on a side note, I probably won't do too much RP until I do finish the storyline, like you said.

Eh, we'll see.

Shawn106
11-11-2007, 07:59 PM
Hell Yeah!