PDA

View Full Version : Radio communication - single player

Stary_Wuj
06-30-2008, 08:49 AM
Hello :-)

Probably stupid question, but I must to know (sorry, my english is far, far away from perfect).

I'm Russian pilot, Leutenant, I can talk to my wingman (TAB, and only Wingam is highlighted, so
I can give him some order - Attack fighters, Attack bombers.... etc. But.... no answer - for example - I see bombers, I ask my wingman to attack bombers, but no effects, nothing. I do something wrong ? I never used this option, shame, I play this game so many years.... :-)
There is no info in manual...I should hear answer, or not.

With Best Regards

Stary Wuj

WTE_Galway
06-30-2008, 08:18 PM
The AI often ignores your orders for many different reasons.

Two common reasons ...

- they cannot "see" the target, especially if your flight is too high above them
- they are already trying to complete a previous command or engaged in combat

Zeus-cat
07-01-2008, 08:02 PM
Commanding the AI (Artificial Intelligence) aircraft like your wingman can be difficult.

If you want your wingman to attack bombers it might help if you also attacked the bombers and then ordered him to attack. You must be within 4 or 5 km (maybe less) of the target for them to attack the bombers when you order them. If they are to far away they will tell you they can not attack. If attacking ships they will tell you they can not if they do not have bombs or torpedoes. If attacking trucks or tanks they will tell you they can not if they do not have bombs or rockets.

Sometimes the AI just won't do what you tell them. No one knows why.

Jaggy.
07-02-2008, 09:16 AM
They also might be shot down. Also in custom missions/campaigns you might not even have a any wingmen, designer decision.

SeaFireLIV
07-02-2008, 09:58 AM
AI Wingman will not respond if

a, Shot down.
b, Returning home due to lack of fuel, damaged.
c, In midst of dogfight and being shot at.

If they cannot see your target they will say that they cannot attack, etc.

Sometimes their responses are superseded by others (if under attack). He might be calling you for help.

Know their callsign and listen out when they say something, then you should know what`s generally happening.

jimbolina-1
07-02-2008, 11:44 AM
As soon as you take off on the mission try to contact the wingman. If highlighted you normally have one but you need to get him attached to you as soon as possible so hit COVER ME. If you have a wingman he will respond. Repeat this command at intervals otherwise he will respond to waypoints or AI commands that you cannot see. "Your" attack commands can only be given if close to targets as the AI will search for targets including ground targets given in the preprogramed AI attack points.

thedude9555
07-03-2008, 12:48 PM
yea, u should attack the bombers and then order him to do it, if his behind u and following u, but if he's getting shot at for chasing someone, then it wont happen.