PDA

View Full Version : Taxiing Aircraft?

darkhorizon11
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I noticed that in many movies that have been made such as "Purple Heart Alley" and "Last man Standing" we see taxiing aircraft. In a couple I've even pilots running out to their aircraft with when an air raid is going on overhead. How did you guys pull this one off? I thought that was impossible?

darkhorizon11
02-02-2005, 12:27 PM
I noticed that in many movies that have been made such as "Purple Heart Alley" and "Last man Standing" we see taxiing aircraft. In a couple I've even pilots running out to their aircraft with when an air raid is going on overhead. How did you guys pull this one off? I thought that was impossible?

scootertgm
02-02-2005, 12:33 PM
Taxiing a/c is acomplished by recording a track with human fliers.

Getting men to runs to planes is a trick. you setup a line of trucks off to one side of the caera and planes on the other, then you strafe the trucks and the men run out towards the planes.

darkhorizon11
02-02-2005, 12:40 PM
Smart... how do you get humans to taxi a B-17 however? they're not flyable?

JG7_Rall
02-02-2005, 12:42 PM
You can make AI planes flyable, they just wont have a cockpit and you have to fly/taxi them by using externals. Obviously this doesn't matter when making a movie....

fabianfred
02-02-2005, 12:53 PM
getting the men running is easier if you put a plane such as a HE111 then while still on the ground you as the pilot press ctrl/E to eject