PDA

View Full Version : I need your help

The_Stealth_Owl
10-11-2009, 02:52 PM
It is amazing how many people fly nOOB planes.

3/4 of the people on SoF are flying the La-7 3B-20s, the other 1/4 are flying spit 25s.

And any time they geta chance, they will fly a Yak or Ta-152.

I am bi-plane guy.

I can shoot down P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s in my custom plane. (the one in my sig)

Anyways.

Why does everyone always want the best?

This is why I need your help.

If you like bi-planes and have 4.09m and know how to host a server, PM me.

I can't make a server becuase of my intrnet.

I think HL needs a Bi-Planes_409m server.

No more nOOB planes!

You guys with me?

If you are, PM me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Thanks.

Scolar
10-11-2009, 04:17 PM
This is a historical game - there are no noob planes. The RAF in the battle of britain weren't 'noobs' for flying spitfires :P

I fly the Ta-153 or Do because I love those planes just as you like bi-planes. Doesn't make anyone less of a player for using aircraft which do most things well.

Wildnoob
10-11-2009, 04:31 PM
Owl, I will not enter in the subject of people choices, but like you, I also can't host a server due to my internet. Altough gonna move soon and have a decent conection.

My favorite early war scenario that features this kind of aircraft is the Kahalkhin Gol battle, fougth between Japan and USSR in 1939. The main belligerents planes are the Ki-27 and I-16, which are very nimble monoplanes and can really bring all the emotion of biplanes figths. But know you are asking for biplanes. Though there biplanes as well, like the I-15 (hope to see it flyable soon), I-53 and unfortenetely, despite it's limited service, the Ki-10 is not avaliable neighter as AI or flyable and likely never going to be.

I plan to host a server for Khalkhin Gol, but also enjoy a lot all other early war battles who involve biplanes like the Winter War.

Probably next week gonna finnish my move. I'll PM when get it done.

doraemil
10-11-2009, 11:26 PM
I think their are ways to limit the planeset so its only bi planes or early monoplanes.

Unfortunately alot of people on HL don't like early war scenarios. warclouds put out a early war server and no one played in it.

hopefully yours will be more succesful.

Are you going for a SOF type server? like a dogfights r us or airquake set up with a biplanes + early monoplanes

or for something more historical, say a period and place?

hopefully someone will help. I can't a) my system barely runs IL-2 b)one word: cox.

although if cox ****es me off too much I might switch when ze contract is up.

Hey wait, you fly on SOF, which has cockpit always on is not checked.

That's like the kettle calling the teapot black.

just joshing (kidding)

Everyone likes flying the "best" for a number of reasons:

something about an advantage.

Murphys law of combat, If it's stupid but it works, it isn't stupid.

Also people fly what they like to fly.

They do have ROF, I hear its pretty good once you get past the mega system specs and the several hang ups it gots. And its bi plane limited, so you won't suddenly find your spad being stalked by a P-47. But also its no IL-2 series . . .

But I'll jump in an play once someone helps you with that bi plane server.

buchtik
10-12-2009, 09:42 AM
No plane is noob or bad,all of them have their advantages and weaknesses.A skilled pilot can get a kill when flying any plane.

skarden
10-12-2009, 02:35 PM
Come on now stealth,doraemil "joshed" about it but I'll just say it,
This post is the kettle calling the pot black.
When you fly on a server which has no cockpit in the planes,An almost unlimited planeset and little arrows pointing to where ever the planes are all around you you can't even attempt to call the other ppl there "noobs" without looking a little silly.Its not even that its a "noob" server as you say but clearly its for ppl who like their simulation a little on the lite side and there for its gunna be more likely to have ppl who like to use the more powerfull types of plane no matter what the scenerio.

Come over to skies of valour or the new Spits v 109s mods server,there are some fantastic scenerios that I think you would love.On SOV thre's a map with just P-11's v stuka's! very very fun map to play,it certainly keeps it interesting.If I'm in there I'll def fly some wing with you,just ask.I fly under the name "Roy Focker VF-1S".I'm pretty sure you'll love the challenge of the more "realistic" servers,give it a try.

I not trying to sound harsh and I'm sorry if I do,I just think you've got to try and try out some new things before calling everyone who's doen't like your favorite planes a noob,ppl play this game for their on reasons and levels of enjoyment,pls accept that.

Choctaw111
10-12-2009, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by The_Stealth_Owl:

3/4 of the people on SoF are flying the La-7 3B-20s, the other 1/4 are flying spit 25s.

And any time they geta chance, they will fly a Yak or Ta-152.

I am bi-plane guy.

I can shoot down P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s in my custom plane. (the one in my sig)

Why are are constantly coming in here telling everyone how good you are? That just isn't cool, man.
I imagine you are shooting down these P-51s, Do-335s, spits, Ki-84s, Yaks, and La-7s with your biplane offline.
I am sure you are doing this online as there are no servers I know of that pit these uber planes against any bipe.
Why is it that someone would say how great their skills are...offline.
when you do go online, are you on a "full switch" server? If not, it's OK. Everyone can choose to play Il2 the way they like, but if you are on a server with Wonderwoman view and a few other unrealistic things, how can you come in here and call anyone a noob.
Online "Full Switch" (or close to it) is where the bragging right come into play, and even then, bragging is not so good.

The_Stealth_Owl
10-12-2009, 03:00 PM
I did this onlline.

Choctaw111
10-12-2009, 03:04 PM
I did this onlline.

On a full switch server? No way.
Probably Wonderwoman view, and a number of other unrealistic things. Unlimited ammo?

The_Stealth_Owl
10-12-2009, 03:21 PM
lol. No wonder woman view. Limited ammo. On a normal server.

I did n't do it on the same server, I did it all on diffeent servers.

M_Gunz
10-12-2009, 03:46 PM
Kudos on the casting technique, you caught a nice mess of fish (all suckers) in very short time.
Is that trolling motor Evinrude or Sears?

Choctaw111
10-12-2009, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:
Kudos on the casting technique, you caught a nice mess of fish (all suckers) in very short time.

Yeah, he caught me alright...dangit.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/PublicPhotoAccount2/suckerfish2.jpg

StealthOwl...Please send me, or post a link here, to a track showing off your mad skills. You've got no problem telling us how good you are. I want to see it. If you are as good as you say, I will greatly enjoy watching some tracks of your slaughtering exploits.

skarden
10-12-2009, 08:36 PM

3/4 of the people <span class="ev_code_RED">on SoF </span>are flying the La-7 3B-20s, the other 1/4 are flying spit 25s.

SOF= skies of fire= wonderwoman view= http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

I would also like to see a track if thats cool stealth,although I think if your owning P-51's,LA's,Spits's ect. then those guys don't know how to handle their rides.

p.s. nice casting technique indeed.

VW-IceFire
10-12-2009, 09:20 PM
No such thing as a n00b plane. La-7 makes things easy in some respects but harder in others. The Spitfire is the same. The La-7 can't dive well, handling decreases the faster you go, and it looses control surfaces so quickly. Its a brilliant fighter in its realm and in the scenario that its placed in its probably top notch. So why not use a fighter that is pretty much optimized for this kind of situation?

So I figure you have a few choices:

1) Don't fly on that server
2) Fly on the server and choose one of those two types so there is an "even" playing field
3) Fly on the server and choose another type so you are doing something unique

I tend to do number 3. I tend to approach skill based problems (my skill as a close in dogfighter is not the absolute best for survivability) by coming at it from another angle. I occasionally do fly on SoF for kicks mostly ... and I'll take out whatever FW190 is available to me. One time I think I was flying in a Ki-100 although that may have been another server. A single kill in a plane so disadvantaged such as the Ki-100 versus a La-7 or even a Spitfire IX is so very satisfying no matter what the server settings are.

There ARE other servers out there that run detailed historical or semi-historical scenarios that are quite fun. My favourite has always been UK-Dedicated (3 servers with 3 different mixes of settings) with its wide variety of scenarios. One map may be Berlin 1945 and the next may be Burma and then Iraq (with Bi-planes).

FlixFlix
10-12-2009, 10:41 PM
Skies of Fire is a noob server. So there. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif

na85
10-12-2009, 11:44 PM
"Avia" does not appear in the Skies of Fire stats.

http://www.skiesoffire.org/modules.php?name=RStats

There are a couple of pilots flying under various names with "owl" in them but none fly biplanes.

Nor is it possible to fly the Avia B-534 on skies of fire, as it is running 4.08.

MrScary13
10-13-2009, 12:32 AM
"avia" does not appear in the Skies of Fire stats.

I'm pretty sure he was flying as one of the owls on the SOF stats page, as his post coincides with an encounter I had with one of them flying mostly an la5 and 7(the so called "noob planes").This owls in chat messages also match what someone of stealths age would make. Just putting 2 and 2 together........

Romanator21
10-13-2009, 01:00 AM
Well, I can personally attest to this. I stalled my Mustang while having a playful fight with Owl/Avia in his biplane after he got a few shots into me. It was on Wright's server I think, and it is pretty much full switch except outside view (no wonderwoman view thank God)

I don't think this is one you should necessarily be proud of though, I was turning and burning in a Pony with a bipe, I mean come on Owl http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Owl, if you don't like people flying 'noob' planes then shoot them down (legitimately) in a not so 'noob' plane. But be more tolerant of other folks' decisions when playing. It's a game. The planes are there, so why set limits on them because they are 'too good'?

The_Stealth_Owl
10-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Skies of fire was just an example of a server.

I used to fly on it in 4.08.

Now I fly on 409m_Dedicated and CRO_DOGYARD

Freiwillige
10-13-2009, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by M_Gunz:

Funniest thing I have read all week! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif

Might have to make that my sig. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/winky.gif