PDA

View Full Version : AI Ammo

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:55 AM
I just bought IL2 FB(Great Game so far). I was wondering if I had limited ammo set in the options whether or not it applied to the AI. One of the things that annoyed me about some of the WWII combat sims of the past was the AI having unlimited ammunition regardless of what setting I had selected. The reason I'm asking is that when I started my campaign I couldn't help but notice that when I looked around the AI planes were firing at each other for very long periods of time regardless of whether they were actually hitting their target or not. However, I really don't know for sure if they had unlimited ammunition or not. Also, when I used to play the original IL2 on my friends computer I thought I remembered my wingmen saying that they ran out of ammo (although I could be thinking of another game), which is why I'm confused(if this is really the case, then why the downgrade?). Anyway, I always felt that me having a limited amount of ammo and the enemy as well as my wing men having unlimited ammo left me at a disadvantage. I could just give myself unlimited ammo but that's no fun.

Sorry if this is incoherent... it's 3 in the morning right now... damn insomnia

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 07:55 AM
I just bought IL2 FB(Great Game so far). I was wondering if I had limited ammo set in the options whether or not it applied to the AI. One of the things that annoyed me about some of the WWII combat sims of the past was the AI having unlimited ammunition regardless of what setting I had selected. The reason I'm asking is that when I started my campaign I couldn't help but notice that when I looked around the AI planes were firing at each other for very long periods of time regardless of whether they were actually hitting their target or not. However, I really don't know for sure if they had unlimited ammunition or not. Also, when I used to play the original IL2 on my friends computer I thought I remembered my wingmen saying that they ran out of ammo (although I could be thinking of another game), which is why I'm confused(if this is really the case, then why the downgrade?). Anyway, I always felt that me having a limited amount of ammo and the enemy as well as my wing men having unlimited ammo left me at a disadvantage. I could just give myself unlimited ammo but that's no fun.

Sorry if this is incoherent... it's 3 in the morning right now... damn insomnia

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:02 AM
It is limited. The AI is not too bright when it comes to conserving ammo.

<div align=center>http://www.members.shaw.ca/fennec/plane.jpg </div><font size=-9>

Message Edited on 08/13/0301:02AM by StG77_Fennec

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:25 AM
If you think is not bright at conserving ammo try to fly agenst ACE AI.

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:52 AM
Jaws2002 wrote:
- If you think is not bright at conserving ammo try to
- fly agenst ACE AI.
-
-

yea..i noticed that pilots with higger skill levels are better at conserving ammo. gues that kinda makes sence, huh.

"diplomacy is saying 'good doggie' until you can find a really BIG rock."