PDA

View Full Version : No PF for me

Owlsphone
10-26-2004, 02:29 PM
Well, after a quarter tank of gas and visiting every known retailer to sell PC games in all of Pennsylvania, I have concluded that 1) EBGames and anyone that works there stinks, and 2) Big Gulps rule.

The first EBGames I went to said that "it isn't out yet" and it's slated for Friday release at that store. Best Buy didn't have it either. Wal Mart didn't have it. CompUSA didn't have it. I still tried a few EBGames/EBX's/Gamestops because I was on a mission to get Pacific Fighters today. No luck. Guess I'll have to wait til Friday as much as I don't like it.

I promptly corrected everyone on the actual release date, so all the retailers in the Tri-state area now know the correct release date. No thanks necessary.

I posted this because I know there are a few PA boys out there who have yet to receive it. Don't get your hopes up.

LW_lcarp
10-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Preordered from UBI and it showed up yesterday. So save 10 bucks in gas money

Korolov
10-26-2004, 03:13 PM
I preordered AEP from Ubisoft and got it 2 weeks later. I had gone out and bought it at EB Games the day it came out - tried to cancel my order from Ubisoft, several times, and they wouldn't do it!

No thanks, I'll try to raid local retail stores later this week.

MK2aw
10-26-2004, 03:38 PM
I ordered from UBi and got it last Thursday. I live in Florida. I guess they fixed their release problems.

Mk2aw

O-NO
10-26-2004, 06:10 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Owlsphone:
Well, after a quarter tank of gas and visiting every known retailer to sell PC games in all of Pennsylvania, I have concluded that 1) EBGames and anyone that works there stinks, and 2) Big Gulps rule.

The first EBGames I went to said that "it isn't out yet" and it's slated for Friday release at that store. Best Buy didn't have it either. Wal Mart didn't have it. CompUSA didn't have it. I still tried a few EBGames/EBX's/Gamestops because I was on a mission to get Pacific Fighters today. No luck. Guess I'll have to wait til Friday as much as I don't like it.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Instead of Driving around everywhere you should of tried using - owls"PHONE" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Philipscdrw
10-26-2004, 06:16 PM
Rule Brittania!

Owlsphone
10-26-2004, 08:41 PM
O-NO, the thing that got me the most mad was that I did in fact call Best Buy and EBGames and they said they would have it in.

BTW, you got me good with the Owls"phone"

Copperhead310th
10-26-2004, 10:56 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owlsphone:

I promptly corrected everyone on the actual release date, so all the retailers in the Tri-state area now know the correct release date. No thanks necessary.

I posted this because I know there are a few PA boys out there who have yet to receive it. Don't get your hopes up. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Same dam story here in the heart of dixie. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif
i bet every single retail manager in central alabama knows me by first name now.
last one i talked to at game stop said:
Gamestop Manager-
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Well our store don't sell PC games. we're a console store mainly. now if you would like to reserve your copy now i'll try and see if i can have a copy in within 2 weeks. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My reply:_- i borrowed a few lines from Tombstone- "I'm yor Huckleberry. NOW IF YER FEELIN' FROGGY BOY GO' ON AND JUMP. GO ON! (SLAPED HIM UP SIDE HIS FRILLY LITTLE HEAD) gO ON! SKIN THAT SMOKE WAGON AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS! SKIN IT! SKIN IT!"

robotech
10-26-2004, 11:36 PM
You think that's bad. I'm still without AEP since none of the stores where I live sell that game since it's not mainstream enough. Doh!! I'm kind of guessing it's going to be the same thing for PF. Double doh!!

JG27_Arklight
10-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Why didn't you just call instead of driving everywhere.

LOL

Owlsphone
10-27-2004, 08:39 AM
Arklight, I did call the day before. That is what has me so irritated. Both Best Buy and EBGames said that they would have it in.

Anyway, it's probably better that I don't get it. I have 2 midterms on Thursday http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

After that though, I'll be practicing carrier landings til im blue in the face.

Osirisx9
10-27-2004, 10:01 AM
This entire thing is such a screw-up. I cant even find it in New York City. Who ever aranged the distribution for PF must have been on some grade A crack. How on earth can you screw up distribution in the country that will most likely be the biggest market for the title. And Hello NYC is the Largest city in the US. They could have at least had two or three copies available in the city somewhere on release day.

RAF238thOsiris

flyingscampi
10-27-2004, 11:12 AM
You think you've got problems. I ordered mine from Amazon UK and I bet an outer mongolian will get his first. bah.

adadaead
10-27-2004, 11:40 AM
Wait hope is not lost for everybody here. What you should is go to Google, find websites of such stores like Baggages(or something) or Gamestop. And then go store locators on the website and find one in your area. That what i did and out of the blue the was a Gamestop within 1 mile from my house. So i biked there, and the guy said that it was shipped yesterday on the 26 and will be there tommorow. And i live in Utah which is kinda middle of US too.

antifreeze
10-27-2004, 03:36 PM
Flyingscampi, have hope....
The message at Amazon.co.uk has changed from 'items not dispatched' to 'items dispatching soon'. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

O-NO
10-27-2004, 06:46 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Owlsphone:
O-NO, the thing that got me the most mad was that I did in fact call Best Buy and EBGames and they said they would have it in.

BTW, you got me good with the Owls"phone" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Don't worry Owl, I am having the same problems trying to find the game too. But I learned from the other IL-2 games not to get to excited and just wait a week and then everyone will have it. And I am glad that you got a laugh out of my poor attempt at some Humor http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

RobertNighthawk
10-27-2004, 08:02 PM
After pre-ording twice before and paying for overnight shipping I chanced upon the game at CompUSA. This time pre-orders will actually be received before the stores get them. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

O-No is correct, we all need patience, but I am starting to feel like Ray Milland in "Lost Weekend". Mister, you don't understand, I NEEED that game!

All I know is if my reserved copy isn't at Gamestop again tomorrow, sombody's asphalt surfing behind my truck. jk

wayno7777
10-27-2004, 08:42 PM
Yo! Owlsphone, thanks for checking them all out. I had 6 deliveries down your way today. Harleysville, Whitemarsh ES, Oreland, Whitemarsh HS, Langhorne, and Levittown. I thank you cause I didn't have enough time between stops to check 'em out. Going out to the boonies north of Harrisburg tomorrow. Not much out there, but I check out whatever stores I see. Seems like our luck here in E. PA is two more weeks. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FI.Snaphoo
10-28-2004, 12:19 AM
I got the same run-around from EBgames as well... I called on the 25th and asked if they had it, they told me that they would have it in on the 27th. I could put down just 10 dollars to reserve my copy. I declined, as it was a mere two days away and I doubted that all copies would be gone in my area on that one day.

So, I call every Best Buy, EBGames, and Game Stop in my area on the 27th only to find that it was released on the West Coast on the 27th. It would be another day before it would reach the heartland of the midwest.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Doh!

Oh well, I guess I'll make the rounds today (28th) to see if it's in today. I'm not holding my breath. With the varying release dates, it's little wonder to me why this is such a confusing issue for the retailers.