PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed Reference Photographs

MooseCommander7
09-30-2011, 10:55 PM
Hi everyone,

I want to preface this by saying what a huge fan I am of entire Assassins Creed franchise. It is probably one of my top three favorite game series of all time, and as an avid gamer, I cannot wait for Revelations to come out.

I know this is the most extreme of long shots, but I am a 3D modeler going to the Academy of Art in San Francisco, majoring in 3D art for games. I have an internship with Stanford University where I have to model the Hagia Sophia in the Unreal Development Kit. While I have been provided with basic blueprints, besides images in Google Image search I really don't have any great reference photos for modeling or texturing, and some areas of the building I have no clue what they look like as the blueprints alone don't provide a lot of information, especially the types of materials, etc.

I've been working on the project for 4 months and I am just now getting to the texturing phase, but I am finding this to be extremely difficult. I'm sure Ubisoft was able to afford to send a team to photograph the interior and exterior of the building, specifically to be used as reference for 3D modeling and texture assets. Unfortunately the images on Google are mostly low resolution or at odd angles and aren't really helpful for making game assets.

As I said, its a long shot. I'm not asking to look at the game assets or textures, just the reference imagery for the project, specifically for the Hagia. I know its crazy for me to ask for this, but as one artist trying to break into the industry to a talented group of artists who have already made it, I hope that I can find enough support on this forums to help make my wish a reality. With my current part-time job and school full-time I can't afford to pay for a trip to Istanbul, and Stanford cannot afford it anyway since the grant money is spent paying the programmers on the project. Any help or assistance would be extremely appreciated. This project will essentially determine the overall quality of my portfolio and the type of reference I will get on my resume, so I hope that you can help me pull this off.

If not, no big deal. I understand. Just keep making great games, and hopefully one day I'll be working with some of you.

P.S. If anyone knows a better way to contact the development team, any help is deeply appreciated. Anyone who can offer to help with their own images (none from Google, I have 2,000 touristy images from there already), I will give you credit in the project and find some way to repay you for your help if I can.

Thanks to everyone for taking the time to read this.

Moultonborough
09-30-2011, 11:05 PM
check out this website. http://www.sacred-destinations...stanbul-hagia-sophia (http://www.sacred-destinations.com/turkey/istanbul-hagia-sophia)

MooseCommander7
09-30-2011, 11:15 PM
Thanks for replying so soon! That was actually one of the first sites I visited - as I said in my post, anything one can find from Google...I've pretty much dug up. Flickr, Google, you name it. I've pretty much exhausted the internet as a resource.

Unfortunately, most of the shots online are from similar angles and of similar subject matter, so I have almost 2,000 photos saved but only about 100 of them are actually usable for me.

I do really thank you for taking some time to try and help me a bit.

lukaszep
09-30-2011, 11:49 PM
Try e-mailing @UbiGabe, as he's gonna be your link to Ubisoft Montreal. Good luck.