PDA

View Full Version : EXTREMELY long campaigns?

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Can anyone help me. I got FB back in June and I started playing the IL2 missions that begin over Leningrad in 1941.

It's fun flying the slightly more nimble first series IL-2 and having 16 rockets to blow up trains, airfields and vehicle columns, BUT I've only reached mid-August!
Operation Barbarossa is progressing slower than it did in reality!

Can anyone tell me if I can reduce the number of missions whilst I'm part way through a career?

thanks,

McN

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 09:03 AM
Can anyone help me. I got FB back in June and I started playing the IL2 missions that begin over Leningrad in 1941.

It's fun flying the slightly more nimble first series IL-2 and having 16 rockets to blow up trains, airfields and vehicle columns, BUT I've only reached mid-August!
Operation Barbarossa is progressing slower than it did in reality!

Can anyone tell me if I can reduce the number of missions whilst I'm part way through a career?

thanks,

McN

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 09:19 AM
go and read the readme file, somewhere in there it refers to the conf.ini file and a few lines you can insert to 'tweak' campaigns, ie plane activity and ground activity, also you can set mission distance and campaign length.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 09:22 AM
wrong. removed!

Message Edited on 09/15/0310:23AM by delta_9_tetra

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 11:03 AM
I managed to get injured during the Finland campaign and spent a year in hospital. Don't know if it shortened the number of missions though.

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 12:16 PM
Classicaero wrote:
- go and read the readme file, somewhere in there it
- refers to the conf.ini file and a few lines you can
- insert to 'tweak' campaigns, ie plane activity and
- ground activity, also you can set mission distance
- and campaign length.
-
-
OK - but is it safe to do this mid campaign? Does it even work mid campaign? Just wondering if anyone has tried it before I screw up my virtual two months of fighting...

McN

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 01:47 PM
Getting wounded does shorten the Campaign. Often it puts you to the next Campaign in the war.
Changing the settings won`t affect your missions already flown. It might be easier if you install IL2/FB Stab or IL2 Manager. It lets you do it easily if you`re afraid to go into the game files.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 04:59 PM
You can make changes in the conf.ini file at any point in the campaign, without harm. I've done it many times. The only possible thing that could happen is that you misspell something, which still won't hury anything, just won't have to proper effect is all. I have misspelled things in there without hurting anything, but didn't get desired result until I fixed the spelling.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." Benjamin Franklin - 1755

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 05:10 PM
On a somewhat related question, I am 3-4 missions into my first campaign (Russian fighter - 1st choice on menu - 1941 - I think the same as the thread starter).

Anyway, how many missions should I be expecting to play? Does it automatically go through the other 3 "parts" (time periods)? What should I expect as I progress through the campaign? Will I be going to other locations and protecting airspace, or will there be more variety (or is such variety the whole point of selecting the other campaigns with bombers and different countries?). How does the campaign wrap-up?

Sorry for all the questions; please answer as many as you can.

A newb in search of the truth /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-15-2003, 05:32 PM
TacticalSkirmsh

- Anyway, how many missions should I be expecting to
- play?
It depends on your Campaign Length (see in 1.1b readme)

Does it automatically go through the other 3
- "parts" (time periods)?
Not sure what "parts" are, but you go "automatically" to another Subcampaign when you finished or get wounded in the previous subcampaign.

What should I expect as I
- progress through the campaign?
Promotions, medals, kill and deaths /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Will I be going to
- other locations and protecting airspace, or will
- there be more variety (or is such variety the whole
- point of selecting the other campaigns with bombers
- and different countries?).
It depends, you can set your plane´s scope of missions (see 1.1 Readme)

How does the campaign
- wrap-up?
?????

Anyway I strongly suggest you read the Readme files, it´s all there /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif .

"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty but the pig enjoys it!"

Message Edited on 09/15/0304:37PM by JorBR