PDA

View Full Version : Things that need attention

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Ive noticed things that really mess up the game, and it needs attention. Since this is where we post these kinds of things. So here are some of my findings.

1. AI pilots crash into forests when doing landings alot of times, I dont see enemy AI crash into the forest as much as I see my own pilots crash into the forests. Ive lost alot of good pilots because of this.

2. I dont see friendly airbases try to scramble fighters when bombers or fighters are heading for them. Enemy Airbases scramble fighters almost all the time, unless they just been attacked recently. Example: A group of Brewsters and I were task to protect an airbase that was 50 km away. Bombers got thier way before we got thier, of course only the AA attacked them. None of the bombers got shot down of course. They headed home, and when my group got there, the bombers were already passing the border, I followed two bombers that took some damage, so they were lagging behind and I got them just over the border. So that brings me to my next finding.

3. Some times it takes forever to get to an area your supposed to fly air cover, but by the time you get thier, the bombers are long gone, you can always go after them, unless you want to spend your time chasing them, Or if you do make it to the area before the bombers, you leave just before they get thier and they bomb it anyways and your group is already long gone before they could do anything.

4. Sometimes friendly AI will just blow up when they park on the airfield. Example, my group just got back from killing some bombers, I land and I see a Brewster that just parked, and my plane is heading to hes parking area, right as I turn into the parking area, hes plane explodes into peices, not leaving a flaming wreak but just peices of him. and at the debreifing screen, it said that he is KIA, he was the only death on that mission, and he was a top scoring pilot in the group. This happens all the time even when im not landing, so I know its not me thats killing him, another time, the enemy AI was sending about 7 Yaks into the air, I was watching while I was taking off, and one of them exploded on the run way, and all the Yaks after it took off through hes flaming wreak, and ether blow up, or took massive damage. Of course I was liking it since they had more planes than us, but I was looking forward to a nice dog fight and the rest, they got raped by us.

5. Sometimes parked aircraft move on thier own, they are sliding, with 8X speed on, you really notice, but they dissapear before they hit anything, thankfully, but it happens to your aircraft too, once my aircraft moved so far as a village near my airfield.

6. Still on some airfield, they are AAA on the runway, I lost a couple of planes because they crashed into a 20mm gun that was on the runway.

7. Bombers that have just bombs on thier wings, have thier bomb bay doors open when approching thier target, It looks kinda silly.

8. Sometimes you get a flight of friendly aircraft to support you, and usual they are are in the air when you take off. Example: A flight of G.50's were going to support us in a fighter sweep and they were off the map at first, so when the sweep was done, they started heading home, where ever that was, and they kept going off the map until they all ran out of fuel and crashed, and in the debriefing they were added to the friendly planes lost list.

9. Some parked aircraft like the G.50 have German markings, is this supposed to be like this or what?

Most of the stuff listed here is seen on the Finland map alot, but I have seen all of these sometimes happen on other maps too, if not all. If I had somewhere to post my screens I will of some of these things.

PS: Wheres the fuel Gauge for the Brewster, because I cant tell because all the gauges are blurry looking. If I find more I will post more of these kinds of findings. Hopefully someone from Olegs team reads this and fix it for the follow up patch, as with other bugs and problems out there.

http://www.vvs-regia-avions.com/Regia/MC202-003.jpg
"THE ITALIAN STALLION!"

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 07:41 AM
Ive noticed things that really mess up the game, and it needs attention. Since this is where we post these kinds of things. So here are some of my findings.

1. AI pilots crash into forests when doing landings alot of times, I dont see enemy AI crash into the forest as much as I see my own pilots crash into the forests. Ive lost alot of good pilots because of this.

2. I dont see friendly airbases try to scramble fighters when bombers or fighters are heading for them. Enemy Airbases scramble fighters almost all the time, unless they just been attacked recently. Example: A group of Brewsters and I were task to protect an airbase that was 50 km away. Bombers got thier way before we got thier, of course only the AA attacked them. None of the bombers got shot down of course. They headed home, and when my group got there, the bombers were already passing the border, I followed two bombers that took some damage, so they were lagging behind and I got them just over the border. So that brings me to my next finding.

3. Some times it takes forever to get to an area your supposed to fly air cover, but by the time you get thier, the bombers are long gone, you can always go after them, unless you want to spend your time chasing them, Or if you do make it to the area before the bombers, you leave just before they get thier and they bomb it anyways and your group is already long gone before they could do anything.

4. Sometimes friendly AI will just blow up when they park on the airfield. Example, my group just got back from killing some bombers, I land and I see a Brewster that just parked, and my plane is heading to hes parking area, right as I turn into the parking area, hes plane explodes into peices, not leaving a flaming wreak but just peices of him. and at the debreifing screen, it said that he is KIA, he was the only death on that mission, and he was a top scoring pilot in the group. This happens all the time even when im not landing, so I know its not me thats killing him, another time, the enemy AI was sending about 7 Yaks into the air, I was watching while I was taking off, and one of them exploded on the run way, and all the Yaks after it took off through hes flaming wreak, and ether blow up, or took massive damage. Of course I was liking it since they had more planes than us, but I was looking forward to a nice dog fight and the rest, they got raped by us.

5. Sometimes parked aircraft move on thier own, they are sliding, with 8X speed on, you really notice, but they dissapear before they hit anything, thankfully, but it happens to your aircraft too, once my aircraft moved so far as a village near my airfield.

6. Still on some airfield, they are AAA on the runway, I lost a couple of planes because they crashed into a 20mm gun that was on the runway.

7. Bombers that have just bombs on thier wings, have thier bomb bay doors open when approching thier target, It looks kinda silly.

8. Sometimes you get a flight of friendly aircraft to support you, and usual they are are in the air when you take off. Example: A flight of G.50's were going to support us in a fighter sweep and they were off the map at first, so when the sweep was done, they started heading home, where ever that was, and they kept going off the map until they all ran out of fuel and crashed, and in the debriefing they were added to the friendly planes lost list.

9. Some parked aircraft like the G.50 have German markings, is this supposed to be like this or what?

Most of the stuff listed here is seen on the Finland map alot, but I have seen all of these sometimes happen on other maps too, if not all. If I had somewhere to post my screens I will of some of these things.

PS: Wheres the fuel Gauge for the Brewster, because I cant tell because all the gauges are blurry looking. If I find more I will post more of these kinds of findings. Hopefully someone from Olegs team reads this and fix it for the follow up patch, as with other bugs and problems out there.

http://www.vvs-regia-avions.com/Regia/MC202-003.jpg
"THE ITALIAN STALLION!"

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 12:21 PM
Fuel Gauge is the double stacked gauge in the lower right against the side of the fuselage. But don't worry about it cause guess what... its broke. Just like the sun glare shining thru the panel.

At least the MP gauge works and the B-239 finally got its second stage on the super charger.

http://www.redspar.com/redrogue/CraggerUbisig.jpg

About after 30 minutes I puked all over my airplane. I said to myself "Man, you made a big mistake." -Charles 'Chuck' Yeager, regards his first flight