PDA

View Full Version : I have a few more questions????

AStotzer
11-19-2004, 09:14 AM
1) How can you turn Labels Off while in a game/flight??

2) What is the Feather Prop? I saw that in the Controls, but it is nowhere near the Prop Pitch. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the pitch.

3) When assigning key commands to Controls. How do you 'clear out a key command' assignment from a Control?

4) How do you save/backup your Contol key assignments? Is there a file that I just have to backup??

5) Is it possible to display the FPS in the game, while playing? Like you can in Lomac?

6) And this is just a grasp at straws I think, but also, in Lomac, you can jump into another flyable plane while in the game by external viewing the plane and then pressing Alt-J. Is that possible at all in PF?? That would be just great if we could.

Thanks... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

AStotzer
11-19-2004, 02:59 PM
Bump

R_Mutt
11-19-2004, 03:12 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AStotzer:
1) How can you turn Labels Off while in a game/flight??

2) What is the Feather Prop? I saw that in the Controls, but it is nowhere near the Prop Pitch. It doesn't seem like it has anything to do with the pitch.

3) When assigning key commands to Controls. How do you 'clear out a key command' assignment from a Control?

4) How do you save/backup your Contol key assignments? Is there a file that I just have to backup??

5) Is it possible to display the FPS in the game, while playing? Like you can in Lomac?

6) And this is just a grasp at straws I think, but also, in Lomac, you can jump into another flyable plane while in the game by external viewing the plane and then pressing Alt-J. Is that possible at all in PF?? That would be just great if we could.

Thanks... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Turn labels off? You mean the text and distance to aircraft? If so you can turn those off when choosing difficulty (icons)

Feather prop means the blades of the propellor are set perpendicular to the direction of movement craeting less drag, I think. This feature is found only on bombers like the he-111 and maybe some other bombers. I think.

You can clear a function by selecting something in it's place. The system saves one primary and one backup, oso just clear it out of both slots.

I believe you can backup your control settings by saving either the config file or the user folder, I think one saves controller settings and the others have pilot settings like control assignments. Not sure which does what.

Someone else will remind me what to type in the chat window ~ to get the FPS

You can jump to the exterior of the planes if the exterior views option is selected, but you can't jump in another cockpit and definately can't take control of another plane. If that's what you mean

AStotzer
11-19-2004, 03:49 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by R_Mutt:
Turn labels off? You mean the text and distance to aircraft? If so you can turn those off when choosing difficulty (icons)

Feather prop means the blades of the propellor are set perpendicular to the direction of movement craeting less drag, I think. This feature is found only on bombers like the he-111 and maybe some other bombers. I think.

You can clear a function by selecting something in it's place. The system saves one primary and one backup, oso just clear it out of both slots.

I believe you can backup your control settings by saving either the config file or the user folder, I think one saves controller settings and the others have pilot settings like control assignments. Not sure which does what.

Someone else will remind me what to type in the chat window ~ to get the FPS

You can jump to the exterior of the planes if the exterior views option is selected, but you can't jump in another cockpit and definately can't take control of another plane. If that's what you mean <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks for the reply Mutt:

1) Yes, the text labels that are called icons in the controls panel. But I want to turn them off 'in the game'. Like when I want to do a cool screenshot. Can those 'icon' text labels be turned off 'in the game'?

2) Would like more info on the Feather Prop, but it doesn't sound like I would end up using it much. Just curious.

3) I want to clear the key assignment so no key is assigned to that command, not assign another key to it.

4) I read something in another thread that mentioned that you need to backup your config.ini. But I looked all through that file and did not see my custom key assignments. So, just backing that up would not backup those custom key assignments.

5) I read in the manual about the console, and you can enter: FPS [SHOW|HIDE] [START|STOP] LOG <secs>, but I tried that a couple of times and did not see the fps appear on the screen. From the description, it seems like this is more for online play, and may only write the fps to a log file. Not sure about that last part....

6) Yes, that is what I meant. I was hoping for that, but didn't think that feature was availabe. But man, I get shot down so often and don't want to leave the battle, it sure would be nice to be able to keep fighting.

milelongshlong
11-19-2004, 03:58 PM
Hit Shift and Tab to enter the console, then fype in:

fps START SHOW

Tater-SW-
11-19-2004, 04:15 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by AStotzer:
1) Yes, the text labels that are called icons in the controls panel. But I want to turn them off 'in the game'. Like when I want to do a cool screenshot. Can those 'icon' text labels be turned off 'in the game'? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can go into the key set up and set a key to "toggle icons." Then you can go through all the different types while flying.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>4) I read something in another thread that mentioned that you need to backup your config.ini. But I looked all through that file and did not see my custom key assignments. So, just backing that up would not backup those custom key assignments. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, for stick settings, there is a folder called "Users". Each named pilot has a folder, and in that is "settings.ini" That is where the stick stuff is. You can make dirrent pilots for different types of planes, etc. so that you can have bomber pilot stick settings vs fighters, etc.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>6) Yes, that is what I meant. I was hoping for that, but didn't think that feature was availabe. But man, I get shot down so often and don't want to leave the battle, it sure would be nice to be able to keep fighting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're stuck with shift-F2 and Ctrl-F with their external views, just watching.

tater

jetsetsam
11-19-2004, 04:23 PM
Being able to feather your prop is very handy when your engine is no longer turning the prop and you are desperately gliding to safety. An unfeathered prop creates drag while a feathered prop will allow you to glide farther with a dead engine.

I use "f" for the fire extinguisher (which has saved my bomber from going up in flames a few times) and "ctrl+f" for the prop feather.