PDA

View Full Version : Question about CEM in FW190

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 01:00 PM
I have settings on full realism except for outside views and map icons and waypoints on.

Online last night, we were going to race the Fw190A-5. I did not have mixture or prop pitch for the A-5, nor did my other squadmate, but Golden Eagle did have prop pitch. Is there a reason for this? I thought German planes had this automated...

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
<center>It's your fault... <center>
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW
http://www.uploadit.org/files/220903-Boosher%20Sig.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 01:00 PM
I have settings on full realism except for outside views and map icons and waypoints on.

Online last night, we were going to race the Fw190A-5. I did not have mixture or prop pitch for the A-5, nor did my other squadmate, but Golden Eagle did have prop pitch. Is there a reason for this? I thought German planes had this automated...

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 01:20 PM
You can adjust it to manual or auto if you have auto. Manual helps out for extra speed(for a short time) and also in landing if you need to slow down, especially trying to land a Fock Wulf.

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 06:44 PM
Awesome, so this manual-auto prop pitch can be assigned by a key in game? Can mixture also be moved this way? In difficulty, in case you didn't read, CEM is on. So I just have to assing a key to disable the auto? What key would you say is best?

Boosher-PBNA
----------------
Boosher-ProudBirds-VFW

XyZspineZyX
09-26-2003, 06:59 PM
The FW190's had auto mixture as well as superchargers.As for the auto/maunal key thats all up to you.

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 04:02 AM
In the FW190A and 190F just hit shift-0 and keep prop pitch at 100. For the Dora I think auto is best/easiest/safest.

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 05:08 AM
Turning the Fw 190A/F's pitch to "manuel" doesn't actually engage a manuel system, it turns it over from a non adjustable constant speed prop to an adjustable constant speed prop. So I guess it is a bug because that setup doesn't make a lick of sense. The Fw 190D9's use a different setup. The auto is truely auto and the manuel is truely maneul. Much like in the Bf 109's. In the Fw 190A/F's the "auto" setting under revs the engine. I switch to "manuel" and set it to 100%. This provides the most power and doesn't result in any serious overheating. In the D9's I use auto prop pitch.

<center>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is recruiting. Join us!

Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com

At the start of WW2 the German army lacked experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft gunners to get a large amount of target practice on a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the Soviets help, by the end of the war the German anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the world.</center>

Message Edited on 09/26/0311:08PM by Maj_Death

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 12:00 PM
Surely the best results for level cruise flight (to get the best speed) is around 90-95%? When i fly real we use 2700 for climb and 2500 for level and aerobatics.

btw i'm flying with v1.0 so this could be why...

Sm

XyZspineZyX
09-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Maj, its not a bug, and it does make (historic) sense. The RPM/Manifold Pressure adjustment of the Kommandergerat (auto in FB) wasn't what made it useful (anybody can stay on top of that, see every other aircraft before and since), the Kommdandergerat was usefull because it also adjusted the fuel mixture, supercharger gear (historically the supercharger shifted constantly depending on engine requirements, not because of alt), and spark advance (timing), and of course RPM governor and MAP, all with ONE lever, and all coordinated to obtain best performance at any given speed/altitude/RPM/climb/dive, and to adjust from one situation to another instantly (almost).

Its just that we only have a small fraction of these variables accounted for in FB (can you imagine having to adjust your spark in the 109 in order to keep from fouling them?)

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 11:01 AM
Maj_Death wrote:
- Turning the Fw 190A/F's pitch to "manuel" doesn't
- actually engage a manuel system, it turns it over
- from a non adjustable constant speed prop to an
- adjustable constant speed prop. So I guess it is a
- bug because that setup doesn't make a lick of sense.
- The Fw 190D9's use a different setup. The auto is
- truely auto and the manuel is truely maneul. Much
- like in the Bf 109's. In the Fw 190A/F's the "auto"
- setting under revs the engine. I switch to "manuel"
- and set it to 100%. This provides the most power and
- doesn't result in any serious overheating. In the
- D9's I use auto prop pitch.
-
- <center>------------------------------------------
- --------------------------------------------------
- --------------------
- I/JG1 Oesau (http://jg1-oesau.org) is
- recruiting. Join us!
-
- Stab.I/JG1Death at HL, Maj_Death at Ubi.com
-
- At the start of WW2 the German army lacked
- experienced anti-aircraft gunners. The average
- gunner was so bad that the USSR decided to help them
- out. They did it by forcing some of their pilots to
- fly I-153 flak magnets. These planes were slow but
- very sturdy. This allowed German anti-aircraft
- gunners to get a large amount of target practice on
- a relatively small number of planes. Thanks to the
- Soviets help, by the end of the war the German
- anti-aircraft gunners were amoung the best in the
- world.</center>
-
- Message Edited on 09/26/03s11:08PM by Maj_Death
no, maj, is not bug, is right i think, auto in dora make best = optimal rpm and so! prop position, in overspeed higher rpm than make auto reduced more than need energy of revolve and frontal resistance
manual prop pith need just 4 fast revolve engine rpm 2 optimal rpm in high speed, so in 700 km/h optimal still 2700 in 190a9, but in 800 or higher better 2400, or we can div more slow than in idle throtle
best regards
so guys if u wana be slower in ur a9 lets push up rpm
but if u wana acceleration from 250 2 300 just look at ur rpm and u will c what ur autopitch control work right and up rpm 2 cuz max rpm need 4 acceleration from low 2 turn speed
dora is other historyhttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif is has 2 optimal position of rpm 2700 and 3200 rpm, and auto make it very good
good luck, and if guys wana learn fly in 190 lessa ask Maj_Death, this man use it craft long time, and even may be he is right about a9 high rpm, cuz in a9 new prop - high rpm construction, but this question 4 hystory
enjoy of game

XyZspineZyX
09-28-2003, 02:00 PM
" (historically the supercharger shifted constantly depending on engine requirements, not because of alt)"

ahh, ok that explains why it seems goofy sometimes. Back in 1.0 it was strictly based on altitude but when I was flying in 1.11 I quickly noticed that sometimes it would shift at different altitudes.