PDA

View Full Version : Can you change the Instruments to read SAE instead of meters

malcgr
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello my name is Malcgr I was just wondering if therer was a way to change to the aircraft Instruments to read SAE instead of meters

malcgr
01-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Hello my name is Malcgr I was just wondering if therer was a way to change to the aircraft Instruments to read SAE instead of meters

Jason Bourne
01-06-2005, 07:05 PM
SAE?? Society of Automotive Engineers? do you mean imperial? cuase if so, look through your key bindings for the speed bar toggel.

reddevil49
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
If you mean the toggle bar yes you can, if you mean the cockpit gauges no you can't

Athosd
01-06-2005, 07:20 PM
Hi Malcgr

Go into the game's 'Control' config screen and assign a key (or key combo such as Alt B) to the 'Speed Bar toggle' command.

This command will allow you to cycle through Kilometres per hour/meters, Knots/feet, and Miles per hour/feet as units in the speedbar display.

Cheers

Athos

Fliger747
01-07-2005, 05:47 AM
I expect that the technology exists to make the speedbar more accurate (another significant figure). For example sitting on deck with the carrier moving, I get either 20 knots or 30 mph on the speedbar. Not so good of an conversion! Comparing the speedbar to the cockpit guage can be revealing. 10 knot or 50 ft altitude steps is not close enough for 'airplane work'.

Athosd
01-07-2005, 06:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Fliger747:
I expect that the technology exists to make the speedbar more accurate (another significant figure). For example sitting on deck with the carrier moving, I get either 20 knots or 30 mph on the speedbar. Not so good of an conversion! Comparing the speedbar to the cockpit guage can be revealing. 10 knot or 50 ft altitude steps is not close enough for 'airplane work'. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Speedbar returns are definitely quite rough - though they do tend to be near the values shown on the 'in cockpit' gauges. Were WW2 era altitude instruments more precise than this?

stevedeth2004
01-07-2005, 07:49 AM
I noticed some screenshots have the instruments along the bottom screen, is this also done with the toggle of the speed bar?

Thanks

Athosd
01-07-2005, 08:16 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by stevedeth2004:
I noticed some screenshots have the instruments along the bottom screen, is this also done with the toggle of the speed bar?

Thanks <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

No - thats the "No Cockpit" view, default key for that is Ctrl F1.