PDA

View Full Version : Storyline in Far Cry 3

Shiloh8686
07-06-2011, 07:31 AM
Far Cry 2 made you feel truly free. However, Ubisoft did not really take advantage of this. There was still a set storyline with main missions and side missions. There was only one way to win the game. Let's say that the setting is similar to Far Cry 2: There is a person that you have to kill, but he is very elusive.
Ubisoft could make it so that there are multiple different was to find him: You could rise up through the ranks of a faction until you finally find someone important enough to know his whereabouts, or you could kill everyone even vaguely related to him until finally he has to face you himself, etc.
Another thing Ubisoft could do to make choices affect the game more is having choices affect the missions that you take. For example, let's say you are on the mission that was shown at E3. You are entering the camp that has a helicopter and a rocketeer. You may choose to go stealthy and then make a run for the chopper, and in that case there will be a cutscene where you are shot down and taken prisoner, and there will be a mission where you have to escape from the area. However, if you choose to kill everyone in the camp (including the rocketeer) before flying away, you might not be shot down, and will not have to take the escape mission. You could also find an entirely different means of escape than a helicopter.

Hobodealer
07-06-2011, 05:26 PM
I think cutscenes would ruin it, but I like the idea of being captured. Kinda like in the trailer when Brody gets captured on that cliff. However not all the time, it should only be if you happen to be near an enemy and you don't see him.

xsquirrelstewx
07-07-2011, 12:47 AM
I really like these ideas, especially the OP's.

But I think the rockteer is Vaas, who, I'm assuming, has plot armor.