PDA

View Full Version : Why are so many bonuses down to luck

boss10000
01-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I mean certain ones are pot luck like grounded, or savior. I'm trying to get extreme variety and there are 22 bonus you can get and about 8 - 10 of them are down to pot luck or the right conditions e.g. For double or triple escape, I mean they should all be about skill not luck, like your target happened to get stunned as you came along, or you happened to kill him just before he killed his target or you happened to shot him as he jumped off a building or you happened to climb up s building and he was on the league above, also why do team bonuses not count to extreme varity that not fair????

Zombie Izzardx
01-07-2011, 05:30 PM
Last time I played team bonus do count towords verity bonuses

Phyxsius-
01-07-2011, 05:33 PM
Luck is relevant when you play the Lottery.

In a game it is down to how well you use what you have at your disposal.

In other words... whine less play more.

[TIP]Think like this, each time you fail or get frustrated: "I did not try hard enough". Will net you better results.

boss10000
01-07-2011, 05:39 PM
Originally posted by Phyxsius-:
Luck is relevant when you play the Lottery.

In a game it is down to how well you use what you have at your disposal.

In other words... whine less play more.

[TIP]Think like this, each time you fail or get frustrated: "I did not try hard enough". Will net you better results. also the spawns don't help, Is it me or is it you spawn here and your target on other side of map and they guy after you is always in the middle so you run right towards them?

Phyxsius-
01-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Just play the game, learn the game, get better at the game and you will learn that some things exist that you might not know of right away and that there are various tactics and strategies to employ for virtually every situation.

And to answer your question: Running is not a smart idea, especially in Wanted.

marq08
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Didn't you just make a post complaining that all you needed for abstergo employee of the month was a triple escape? Wasn't it also completely full of complaining about how much you hate features that the rest of us seem to have no problems with?

I've gotten extreme variety at least a dozen times now in both wanted and alliance. No it isn't easy but here are a few tips.

The three different types of poisons count separately. Follow your target until you see him nearing what appears to be another human player. 8/10 times this will merit you a poacher a savior or both and with any luck a grounded instead of the poacher. Use smoke bombs to get full focus if you struggle with that. Use throwing knives to get acrobatic or drop ledge kills.

For double or triple escape take first place then switch to a profile containing either mute/smoke or charge/sprint or something similar. Bait one of your pursuers into a chase and chances are at least one more will join in. Once you have two use your combo of abilities to stun both or stun one and plow out of range of the other. For midair bonus wait til he jumps. Don't just shoot him because you see him or better yet, lock on and watch as he runs and tries to jump out of sight. The hidden bonus is easiest earned early in the game. Make sure you are getting incog, silent, and a discreet kill not just 2/3. I'm sure there are more tips but I'm tired now. Have fun. And good luck!

boss10000
01-07-2011, 06:05 PM
Originally posted by marq08:
Didn't you just make a post complaining that all you needed for abstergo employee of the month was a triple escape? Wasn't it also completely full of complaining about how much you hate features that the rest of us seem to have no problems with?

I've gotten extreme variety at least a dozen times now in both wanted and alliance. No it isn't easy but here are a few tips.

The three different types of poisons count separately. Follow your target until you see him nearing what appears to be another human player. 8/10 times this will merit you a poacher a savior or both and with any luck a grounded instead of the poacher. Use smoke bombs to get full focus if you struggle with that. Use throwing knives to get acrobatic or drop ledge kills.

For double or triple escape take first place then switch to a profile containing either mute/smoke or charge/sprint or something similar. Bait one of your pursuers into a chase and chances are at least one more will join in. Once you have two use your combo of abilities to stun both or stun one and plow out of range of the other. For midair bonus wait til he jumps. Don't just shoot him because you see him or better yet, lock on and watch as he runs and tries to jump out of sight. The hidden bonus is easiest earned early in the game. Make sure you are getting incog, silent, and a discreet kill not just 2/3. I'm sure there are more tips but I'm tired now. Have fun. And good luck! that's my strategy I use slow acting poison and smoke in wanted i start run to target to get first blood, then get hidden, incognito, silent discret, poison, agony (slow acting), then acrobatic, aireal, stun, escape. Those I always get after that it's down to luck if I get pocher, saviour, grounded, but those are down to luck and hard to get cause I always seem to I've have the guy that runs straight for you, or they guy runing for there kill or I spawn and go for my target and walk into my pursuer, so I end up losing like 2 mins on crap spawning.

marq08
01-07-2011, 06:55 PM
Arial does not count. It is just another type of "kill" not a bonus. First blood seems to be more luck than the others to me if I don't get it I don't worry though bc chances are I'm getting at least one revenge kill. That is where I use my discreet kill or try for my midair. Also lure counts. I know because I've gotten a lure worth 500 points a couple of different times. And you seem to be doing it right just try to bait an opponent into a chase that you feel certain you can win. If he uses a gun just try again as soon as you respawn and spot a new pursuer. Then nothing beats finishing it off with a gun kill worth 1000 points http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif (Kill, Mid-Air, Savior, Poacher, [hidden if you're lucky making it 1200], Extreme Variety) I so wish I'd had a capture card for when I did that.

obliviondoll
01-07-2011, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by marq08:
Arial does not count. It is just another type of "kill" not a bonus.
I got variety off a silent aerial kill with no other bonuses when I'd previously got a silent kill.

Yes it does count.

And the bonuses you're saying rely on luck... don't.

They rely on timing AND luck.

And earning them is balanced.

If you can see another pursuer approaching your target, wait until they're really close before moving in for the kill yourself, and you'll net the poacher bonus. If you see your target very obviously aiming for a specific group nearby, poison them or stay close and kill them before they get where they're going, so you can grab that saviour bonus. It's possible to time and plan both of those.

If you know the pursuer's target is good at smoke/mute and stunning, let them get downed so you can pick up the grounded kill. If you're close enough to do that, you can pick up an easy focus as well sometimes.

Serrachio
01-07-2011, 08:43 PM
So, Extreme Variety is where you get 15 different bonuses in a match?

I thought it was for a kill http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_redface.gif

Arathar
01-07-2011, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by boss10000:
I mean certain ones are pot luck like grounded, or savior. I'm trying to get extreme variety and there are 22 bonus you can get and about 8 - 10 of them are down to pot luck or the right conditions e.g. For double or triple escape, I mean they should all be about skill not luck, like your target happened to get stunned as you came along, or you happened to kill him just before he killed his target or you happened to shot him as he jumped off a building or you happened to climb up s building and he was on the league above, also why do team bonuses not count to extreme varity that not fair????

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17682825/Ur%20Arguement%20is%20invalid.jpg

KabouterPitta
01-08-2011, 04:32 AM
First blood can easily be achieved with hidden gun when all the otger players refuse to run/are going for incognito.
Just get on a high point, and shoot him down as soon as he's in sight http://media.ubi.com/us/forum_images/gf-glomp.gif

and are you guys sure the 3 potions count separatly?

Malex McBlat
01-08-2011, 04:36 AM
I can tell you for a fact they don't, any poison counts.

FearlessSpeach
01-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by MalexMcBlat:
I can tell you for a fact they don't, any poison counts.

If you review your score in the end it shows them separately. Slow is listed as agony, normal/rapid reload are poison and fast is listed separate but I forget if it has a different name.

Slimduff can confirm this, since he ate the kill:
I triggered greater variety on a fast - hidden - incog poison kill. This was the last kill of the match, upon review, I had 4 hidden, 4 incog, 3 agony. Only new variable was fast and it triggered greater variety. It is possible that fast acting and regular count the same, but I doubt it since they have different points values. They all show up as "Poison" on the bonus display for the kill in match, but values are different and different slots at the end.