PDA

View Full Version : IL2 Add-Ons...Case Blue & The Last Days

-HH-Quazi
04-27-2005, 10:58 AM
Just wondering if they are worth having. Seems to be a shiatpot of single missions and campaigns. I am thinking about getting them both before BoB comes out to more or less complete this sim we have. Rebirth of Honor is another I am trying to find. It was supposed to be released in March. I don't think it has been released still. Anyone with info one any of these add-ons, please share. Thanks.

sgilewicz
04-27-2005, 11:12 AM
I have both but have only played Case Blue to date (waiting for tanker iv to release the newest patch for TLD to clear up some DGEN campaign conflicts). Case Blue has been outstanding. The missions are very challenging with a nice mix and time limits to achieve goals. Can't recommend it highly enough.

RedToo
04-27-2005, 11:20 AM
TLD is excellent.

RedToo.

rickster3459
04-27-2005, 11:58 AM
I just downloaded TLD and I'm having a lot of fun with it,definitely worth buying,lots and lots of ground objects,action,etc.

The one I've heard you shouldn't buy is Combat Over Europe,a lot of people say it's terrible.

Good luck!

gbollin
04-27-2005, 03:28 PM
I have them all and they are good. I purchased Rebirth of Honor from Germany at double the cost with shipping. But it was worth it.

FlatSpinMan
04-28-2005, 08:09 AM
I got TLD and think it was a great $20 (I downloaded it from Matrix games). Due to my limited attention span and stupid, interfering job I tend to flit between campaigns but from the four I have started from TLD(as well as BoB,2 DUCS, Jagdflieger 2 are all in progress to varying degrees) they are all good-looking, have a nice amount of activity going on around your own flight, really well designed base layouts.There is a truck-load of skins. some of them aren't that fancy but when viewed in-game it creates a lot of variety which is nice for a change. I encountered one problem where a mission wouldn't load, maybe LW Fighter Lvov, but tankeriv sent out a patch about a second after I PMed here and that resolved that. Plus there is a Med campaign coming out for free in the next patch which will be released VERY SOON http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/mockface.gif

-HH-Quazi
04-28-2005, 02:36 PM
I appreciate the comments everybody. Looks like they are worth the price. I just figured these add-ons would round out this sim and basically complete it. Looks like there's enough with these add-ons and what we already have to keep a m8 busy for many moons too come. HEHEHE

WOLFMondo
04-28-2005, 03:38 PM
I have them both, well worth it but no FW190 campaigns so not to happy on that front. One of them has allot of good co-op missions as well.

FlatSpinMan
04-28-2005, 05:36 PM
WolfMondo,
In TLD you can select the FW 190 A8 and the D9 in at least 2 campaigns. One is the Hungarian fighter campaign the other is a German one but I forget the name. I'm currently doing the Hungarian one. When you start campaign there is ascreen called "You" where you can enter your date of birth etc. Below there is the campaign title and plane assigned to you. Click on the plane to reveal a drop down plane list.

Trink_Afri-Cola
05-01-2005, 11:35 AM
I got Fall Blau from Germany because Fall Blau sounds better than Case Blue.