PDA

View Full Version : My 2 cents

EagleDeer
11-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Background: 15 years of simming, mostly jets. Currently alternate between LOMAC, F4 and FS2004. Picked up IL2, didn't get into it much. Got further into FB, but did not get AEP.

Out of the box, one of the most immersive sims out there. This is after QMB missions, training, first mission in the USMC campaign. as well as the excellent battle for Midway mission created by one of the posters here. People complaining about bugs or missing aircraft or other objects need to keep in mind the historical support this series has enjoyed. Perfect setting is playable (30-50 fps, other than when attacking airports) on P4 3.0 6800GT and looks incredible.

I agree that sounds for each aircraft could have been individualized and better made, but the stock sounds do not ruin the illusion, at least for me. Same with radio calls (anyone know if there is a japanese chatter fiole available?). FM feels good, and should only get better.

All in all, very glad I picked this up and should have many happy hours with it.

Nige_Reconman
11-09-2004, 11:51 AM
Accurate impressions (well i agree with them http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ) I'm not sure where the japanese radio files are but in the early war period many japanese fighters didn't carry radios - they threw them out or simply weren't equipped with them. If you're worried about not hearing japanese radio chatter that may be your reason.

GT182
11-09-2004, 11:57 AM
Japanese radio chatter is in PF. You need to fly a Japanese campaign or use FMB to set up a flight, then you'll hear it.

Nige_Reconman
11-09-2004, 12:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GT182:
Japanese radio chatter is in PF. You need to fly a Japanese campaign or use FMB to set up a flight, then you'll hear it. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In the early campaigns i'm sure you don't hear it. Maybe i'm mistaken?

Gato__Loco
11-09-2004, 01:09 PM
Early japanese planes did not have radio. That is why you don't hear it!

actionhank1786
11-09-2004, 01:49 PM
They didnt have radios because i stole them all to sell and purchase my Ki-100 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

EagleDeer
11-09-2004, 04:55 PM
I actually meant one of the user mod files that add background radio calls (e.g. Extreme One's RAF file). Anyway, I doubt one has already been made for the Japanese side yet. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

over50
11-09-2004, 05:17 PM
EagleDeer - Are you playing single player mode and if yes, I'd be extremely grateful if Would you take a peek at your pilot roster under the pilot name you selected for your campaign and post back if it shows/is registering the number of sorties and kills you've flown. No matter what settings or difficulty options I've selected in campaign/career mode none of my kills or the number of sorties flown are showing up in the pilot roster - stays all zeros. The strange thing is these stats are being shown in the squadron info.

EagleDeer
11-10-2004, 03:41 AM
Sorry Over, I just fired up one campaign mission for testing purposes and haven't explored further due to time constraints. Maybe someone else can help?