PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Character Creation?? (hopes)

DavisP92
01-30-2011, 07:57 PM
I know some people may have some conflicting feeling about this topic. But personally I would love to see it in the next game. If Ubisoft implements co-op (they will), they should allow the players to look completely different then each other. Even having differen't fighting styles (classes).

If i like using ranged weapons then I could use a bow and arrow, and my friend who likes to run in and get close and personal would use a sword. And we could have secondary weapons, my main would be bow then i would use the hidden blade and dagger. While my friend could use sword, throwing knives, and smoke. either way our playing experiences should be completely different. And enemies should react to us differently too.

For example if the co-op story was in Egypt then having two assassins should look differen't like these pics (Not my work).

http://assassinshaven.com/wp-c...ds/2010/06/newac.jpg (http://assassinshaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/newac.jpg)

http://leereex.deviantart.com/...d-159420761#/d2mwz7a (http://leereex.deviantart.com/art/Egyptian-Assassin-s-creed-159420761#/d2mwz7a)

Ultimate_Night
02-01-2011, 12:44 AM
How would this be explained story wise? Character creation doesn't fit with the concept behind the Animus.

Ass4ssin8me
02-01-2011, 03:23 AM
Originally posted by Pdavis3:
I know some people may have some conflicting feeling about this topic. But personally I would love to see it in the next game. If Ubisoft implements co-op (they will) <--- You know this how? , they should allow the players to look completely different then each other. Even having differen't fighting styles (classes).

If i like using ranged weapons then I could use a bow and arrow, and my friend who likes to run in and get close and personal would use a sword. And we could have secondary weapons, my main would be bow then i would use the hidden blade and dagger. While my friend could use sword, throwing knives, and smoke. either way our playing experiences should be completely different. And enemies should react to us differently too.

For example if the co-op story was in Egypt then having two assassins should look differen't like these pics (Not my work).

http://assassinshaven.com/wp-c...ds/2010/06/newac.jpg (http://assassinshaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/newac.jpg)

http://leereex.deviantart.com/...d-159420761#/d2mwz7a (http://leereex.deviantart.com/art/Egyptian-Assassin-s-creed-159420761#/d2mwz7a)

massmurdera_666
02-01-2011, 04:32 AM
i could see it possibly working, but just with Desmond and Eve or even Lucy, but no way could it ever work unless they figured out how to link two animus's together so both occupants could share memories with one another

DavisP92
02-01-2011, 07:42 PM
@ Ultimate_Night

It could easily work, since we can make Ezio wear whatever colors we want. Why not just add so they have classes and what-not. Even though is technically called character creation, we aren't really making the assassin's face or voice. just their look (clothing), what weapons they use, and what their main skill is. I brought this up because Ubisoft is working with Ubi Massive on the next AC. And Massive used to make MMOs. I'll also explain a little bit in how this could work while answering BatemanKID.

@ Ass4ssin8me

1. A lot of gamers have been asking for it, it would be foolish if they didn't put it in.

2. I took their survey and they asked if we wanted co-op offline and online

through those two things i'm predicting they will have co-op. But then again it really is just me hoping, probably should have wrote that too.

@ BatemanKID

Well it could work if for two reasons:

1. the co-op story could be about two sibling assassins that go into the animi (idk if i spelled it right) and relive their sibling ancestor assassins.

2. They also said way back, that they could do spin-offs without the animus. So the co-op story doesn't really have to have the animus.

Masta_Pain
02-01-2011, 10:04 PM
@ Ultimate_Night

It could easily work, since we can make Ezio wear whatever colors we want. Why not just add so they have classes and what-not. Even though is technically called character creation, we aren't really making the assassin's face or voice. just their look (clothing), what weapons they use, and what their main skill is. I brought this up because Ubisoft is working with Ubi Massive on the next AC. And Massive used to make MMOs. I'll also explain a little bit in how this could work while answering BatemanKID.

If you haven't realised you can change his weapons and play however you want to play the game. If you couldn't it would be the same as watching a video. Freedom is part of making a game.

Why would you even think about adding classes? Are you saying that Ezio lived multiple lives or something? It's not an RPG, and he's a master assassin, plain and simple. An idea like that essentially breaks the whole concept of the Animus completely.

1. A lot of gamers have been asking for it, it would be foolish if they didn't put it in.

Are you saying that they should do everything we ask them to do instead of their original vision, and in complete disregard of the story? Should they add machine guns and nukes and set AC3 in World War 2 because some vocal minority asks them to? This is a game made by Ubisoft, not the community. While some feedback is good, letting the community control the direction of the game is a bad idea.

1. the co-op story could be about two sibling assassins that go into the animi (idk if i spelled it right) and relive their sibling ancestor assassins.
Sure, but why? For what possible reason would they need to do that to advance the story? Any way you could think of would be totally contrived and ruin the story. They already have co-op multiplayer, leave it at that.

LordWolv
02-02-2011, 12:02 AM

2. They also said way back, that they could do spin-offs without the animus. So the co-op story doesn't really have to have the animus.
Siblings wouldn't really make any sense - Anything AC has to have a reason. Multiplayer, for instance, you were Templars training in the Animus. Something like CoD though doesn't have a multiplayer storyline.

DavisP92
02-02-2011, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by Isaac500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pdavis3:

Siblings wouldn't really make any sense - Anything AC has to have a reason. Multiplayer, for instance, you were Templars training in the Animus. Something like CoD though doesn't have a multiplayer storyline. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

How does siblings not make any sense?...

Technically the multiplayer doesn't really make sense. the templars are going in the animi to relive their ancestor's lives in order to have the bleeding effect and gain their skills. But why are their ancestors fighting and killing each other. Even coming back to life and then still killing each other.

Ru1986
02-02-2011, 06:59 AM
This would work as its a new story line that none of us know about so why could it not be siblings??

Xanatos2007
02-02-2011, 07:01 AM
Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
How would this be explained story wise? Character creation doesn't fit with the concept behind the Animus.
Neither does character customization, being able to choose & upgrade your Assassins or the entire economic system.

ILLusioNaire
02-02-2011, 11:46 AM
That first picture of the Egyptian Assassin looks frickin dope. I'm all for co-op, and for full customization regarding weapons, clothes, and fighting styles. Like for instance, with the fighting styles, I do believe the Egyptians had their own martial art. I don't remember what it's called, but I'm just saying for instance. But I do like that idea. Being able to grapple and throw your enemies around, breaking their arms and knees and what not would be dope and ideal for assassin-combat.

Weapons are a must for customization. For instance, can you think of what's cooler than a blade? Two blades! And styles could be augmented to suit this new feature. Double wrist pistols with less recoil, giving you the ability to take out two stationary or slowly moving targets... I'm just suggesting. Also, being able to throw your big knife and retrieve it would be nice too. And what about bows? I mean, I like crossbows, but bows are just so much more archaic and cool. And these are just basic weapon types. For gadgets, they could have a bomb. Perhaps incendiary? Buildings could catch fire-guys could be burnt to a crisp-sounds like fun huh? Also, what about a contraption that "explodes" with metal pieces, killing many guards within a certain radius. This could also be used to escape. Many guards are chasing you, you throw down this contraption and it smothers guards with a friendly good-bye of shrapnel. I kind of like this one actually.

As for the clothing, I'm not going to suggest all the types we should be able to use, but we should be able to pick our nationality of assassin and their respective styles of clothing for co-op. And in those styles have many more looks to choose from. Assassins could be Egyptian, Arabic, Italian, Russian, etc.

DavisP92
02-02-2011, 07:40 PM
@ ILLusioNaire

I like all ur ideas, expecially the bow. I've been saying for months now that they should put a bow in the game cuz i'm not into the crossbow. Yea its useful but i just prefer a bow.

Only thing i don't agree with is the idea that u said u could pick ur race and from that u get outfits from their nations and play the co-op game. Yes i want to be a different race then my friend (if we are different races and wanna make the assassins look like us). But in terms of Stealh and blending with the crowd then it wouldn't work for one assassin to wear Japanese clothing and the other to wear Italian but the story is in Egypt. They should just have a lot of different options for the gamer to choose from for the clothing.

And on ur other post from my topic that was closed (Some ideas topic). As u can see in that topic i was saying i wanted a bow and arrow gameplay the whole time. Also ur idea for the story was interesting. I could see that working. But i still prefer my idea only because it would put assassins against the player. Which is something that would put a whole new spin on the game.

Ultimate_Night
02-02-2011, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
Neither does character customization, being able to choose & upgrade your Assassins or the entire economic system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You could explain those (though stretching it a bit) as Ezio actually did those things that way in the individual player's game. The only real offender as of now is the medicine. You take a hit, which doesn't cause you any physical damage, but rather down a little bit on the health bar. You then go to a doctor to buy medicine and your bar fills back up again! The "restoring synchronization" in AC1 works the best for the series IMO.

Point is, the economic system & the dying of robes can be somewhat explained. The medicine can't, and character creation would completely break the story regarding the animus.

DavisP92
02-03-2011, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ultimate_Night:
Neither does character customization, being able to choose & upgrade your Assassins or the entire economic system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You could explain those (though stretching it a bit) as Ezio actually did those things that way in the individual player's game. The only real offender as of now is the medicine. You take a hit, which doesn't cause you any physical damage, but rather down a little bit on the health bar. You then go to a doctor to buy medicine and your bar fills back up again! The "restoring synchronization" in AC1 works the best for the series IMO.

Point is, the economic system & the dying of robes can be somewhat explained. The medicine can't, and character creation would completely break the story regarding the animus. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

well not really, cuz in brotherhood they say to get 100 synch. then we need to do everything the way ezio did. and if we don't we get 50 percent synch. Except the animus is supposed to re-live the memory not alter it. so it doesn't make sense in terms of fighting or anything else really.

basically the game is somewhat good at explaing why we can play the game and do things different then other players. But the character creation would only be u start with him or her. If they say in the animus u can play as your ancestor, but the animus wasn't able to find the image of him or her. then they make u create the assassin, the animus could be like ohhh. we found the image. That way it doesn't "break" the story regarding the animus. And for the medicine, i say take it out. its unrealistic, and it would make the game harder.

rileypoole1234
02-03-2011, 02:30 PM
Maybe they could make it a spinoff game that doesn't have Desmond in it.

nice_cape
02-03-2011, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by ILLusioNaire:
That first picture of the Egyptian Assassin looks frickin dope. I'm all for co-op, and for full customization regarding weapons, clothes, and fighting styles. Like for instance, with the fighting styles, I do believe the Egyptians had their own martial art. I don't remember what it's called, but I'm just saying for instance. But I do like that idea. Being able to grapple and throw your enemies around, breaking their arms and knees and what not would be dope and ideal for assassin-combat.

Weapons are a must for customization. For instance, can you think of what's cooler than a blade? Two blades! And styles could be augmented to suit this new feature. Double wrist pistols with less recoil, giving you the ability to take out two stationary or slowly moving targets... I'm just suggesting. Also, being able to throw your big knife and retrieve it would be nice too. And what about bows? I mean, I like crossbows, but bows are just so much more archaic and cool. And these are just basic weapon types. For gadgets, they could have a bomb. Perhaps incendiary? Buildings could catch fire-guys could be burnt to a crisp-sounds like fun huh? Also, what about a contraption that "explodes" with metal pieces, killing many guards within a certain radius. This could also be used to escape. Many guards are chasing you, you throw down this contraption and it smothers guards with a friendly good-bye of shrapnel. I kind of like this one actually.

As for the clothing, I'm not going to suggest all the types we should be able to use, but we should be able to pick our nationality of assassin and their respective styles of clothing for co-op. And in those styles have many more looks to choose from. Assassins could be Egyptian, Arabic, Italian, Russian, etc.
+1

DavisP92
02-03-2011, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by rileypoole1234:
Maybe they could make it a spinoff game that doesn't have Desmond in it.

well my co-op idea wouldn't have desmond. It would be like splinter cell conviction where they have the single-player story and a differen't, but still relates to the single-player, co-op story... Or just no animus and a story for the assassins in the past.

ILLusioNaire
02-06-2011, 12:05 PM
@ ILLusioNaire

I like all ur ideas, expecially the bow. I've been saying for months now that they should put a bow in the game cuz i'm not into the crossbow. Yea its useful but i just prefer a bow.

Only thing i don't agree with is the idea that u said u could pick ur race and from that u get outfits from their nations and play the co-op game. Yes i want to be a different race then my friend (if we are different races and wanna make the assassins look like us). But in terms of Stealh and blending with the crowd then it wouldn't work for one assassin to wear Japanese clothing and the other to wear Italian but the story is in Egypt. They should just have a lot of different options for the gamer to choose from for the clothing.

And on ur other post from my topic that was closed (Some ideas topic). As u can see in that topic i was saying i wanted a bow and arrow gameplay the whole time. Also ur idea for the story was interesting. I could see that working. But i still prefer my idea only because it would put assassins against the player. Which is something that would put a whole new spin on the game.

Yeah, I didn't think about that, having assassins of different nationalities in a foreign land. It would be hard to blend in. But maybe you could still have different nationalities of assassins, as long as they're in their respective nations. But that would take a lot of work making so many different cities around the world just for co-op. But it would still be worth it. Perhaps they could make the maps a little bigger than the multiplayer maps for ACB.

But I appreciate your agreeing with me on the other points.

SWJS
02-07-2011, 01:30 PM
I can see two possibilities.

We could have a character creation system like in Mass Effect, where the data for the ancestor gets corrupted, and has to be pieced together manually, using facial presets. It could also allow us to choose between a male/female character, and a male/female voice. This option wouldn't be hard to implement, and would be easy to program as well.

We could also have character customization like that of Saints Row 2, where the developers can simply let us choose what ancestor to relive, by allowing us to completely make them ourselves. This option would be difficult to implement, and to the dismay of many, would degrade the graphical quality due to the large amount of customization.

Personally I think the first Idea would work very well, and it would be a welcome mechanic. I would enjoy choosing how the sncestor would look. It would add to the wide-open sandbox gameplay as well. The only problem I can see is hiring two different voice actors for both male and female. No doubt it would cost more money to have two different actors read the exact same lines.

Hades666Dark
05-29-2011, 04:37 AM
Perhaps as one user said, with our nationalities and their outfits in different places. You could, maybe, have symbols on the traditional attire of the current area.

And with the co-op, there could be a sister introduced (of Desmond) and there could be a system of assassin archiving. And on certain areas it will say, "Appearance unavailable. please recall image." Then you can create what your ancestors look like and their name, nationality, etc. One has to be male and one female.

I know this is a long post, but about the voice actors. There are women already in the background talking, so Ubisoft could just reuse one of them.

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 05:01 AM
Maybe templars will do sequences of synthetic DNA where it needs 2 termplar's "recruits" to make them train team work (co-op). Those sequences should give us another view about assassins vs templars war and we will understand much better the intentions of the templars (thought animus the templars will try to "teach" their recruits)...

If they archive to do synthetic DNA to do the multiplayer why wouldn't them do synthetic DNA for a co-op?

jlorence
05-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Really hope Ubisoft doesn't get any ideas from this thread. The last thing I want is for AC to turn into a WRPG.

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by Xanatos2007:
Neither does character customization, being able to choose & upgrade your Assassins or the entire economic system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> Well chances were that the anscestor did in fact change clothes/ equipment and gave the more experienced assassin's better equipment, so it does fit in with the idea of the animus.

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 09:16 AM
Ubisoft have said themselves before the release that they wouldn't include Co-Op unless it made sense with the story.

But if we had to do something for a Co-Op it would have to be about Adam and Eve during the events of the "truth" video from AC2.

But I don't really care if Co-Op is in or not.

iN3krO
05-29-2011, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Ubisoft have said themselves before the release that they wouldn't include Co-Op unless it made sense with the story.

But if we had to do something for a Co-Op it would have to be about Adam and Eve during the events of the "truth" video from AC2.

If they get more ppl to do the co-op ok... as we have seen in AcB the mp only made SP sacrifice his self... what's up if co-op do it too? :S

ShaneO7K
05-29-2011, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

If they get more ppl to do the co-op ok... as we have seen in AcB the mp only made SP sacrifice his self... what's up if co-op do it too? :S </div></BLOCKQUOTE> The mutiplayer was still in AC canon, it's apart of the story and made sense.

It didn't sacrifice the singleplayer.

You can't just throw something in the game with no good reason, Ubisoft said themselves that it has to make sense in the AC universe. No matter how much you dislike ACB you have to think of things realisticly and not making shots that ACR will not be any good when you have nothing to base it on. If you think multiplayer sacrificed singleplayer, Co-Op will just make it worse for you.

Steelers nati0n
05-29-2011, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by daniel_gervide:
Maybe templars will do sequences of synthetic DNA where it needs 2 termplar's "recruits" to make them train team work (co-op). Those sequences should give us another view about assassins vs templars war and we will understand much better the intentions of the templars (thought animus the templars will try to "teach" their recruits)...

If they archive to do synthetic DNA to do the multiplayer why wouldn't them do synthetic DNA for a co-op?

I thought i was going to have to type all that out, thanks. I was surprised you were the only other person to think of that.

DavisP92
05-29-2011, 08:56 PM
lol i remember when i made this i was thinking that Ubi Massive will be playing a huge part in the game. thank god they aren't making this a MMO game.

Be it as it may if they do have coop, which a lot of ppl should already know Ubisoft is looking into it (or did). It would be nice to play as a character that you can create. however if it does interfere with the graphics, gameplay, story, or dialog. then i would say don't do it, but co-op, imo and a lot of ppl i know, is more enjoyable then multiplayer. As long as it's done right hah