PDA

View Full Version : To Pacific Fighters Modelers.

LeadSpitter_
10-16-2004, 03:49 PM
When the game arrives in stores please post your uvmap wireframe mesh BMPs in this thread.

I downloaded the PF voids off the il2 website but as you know just white and panel lines makes part finding extremely difficult.

So if you can please post the uvmap wireframe mesh BMPS when the time is right, it would be much appreciated and help save the skinning community many many hours.

Mods please make this a sticky.

SKULLS Virga
10-16-2004, 04:49 PM
How do you use the wire mesh bmp's Lead?
What program uses them to lay the textures on?

Penguin_PFF
10-16-2004, 11:46 PM
After we submit the model it's out of our hands. The 1C:Maddox guys may well have made changes to the models we don't know about after submission. So any Texporter outputs we post run the risk of being incorrect.

Besides which, even if we could overcome our natural competitive instincts that say "Don't show other people how you made your stuff", I don't think we'd even be allowed to do that. NDA/contract etc. covers all materials made for the game. A liberal interpretation of "all materials" can cover a lot of things, including wireframe layouts.

LeadSpitter_
10-17-2004, 08:15 AM
thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard if its true. Voids should standardly include at least the parts outline.

Its a 2-5 second job with the wiremesh uvmap bmp vs finding thru many attemps with many hours of work and still you wouldnt be able to find exact edges.

Hopefully luthier or oleg can say a word about this being its very important for skinning aircraft and finding specific parts.

aminx
10-17-2004, 11:06 AM
thats why the moderators over at il2 skins rightly wont budge until the sim is out, then we are ok to start with no hitches,patience, only one weeck left to skining PF stuff!!!!
aminx

necrobaron
10-17-2004, 02:59 PM
Well, us Merricans still have something like 3 weeks until the release, oddly and unfortunately enough.... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/35.gif

Why? I have no idea.

Penguin_PFF
10-17-2004, 03:13 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LeadSpitter_:
thats the dumbest thing I have ever heard if its true. Voids should standardly include at least the parts outline. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's not my problem. It's in the contract we signed when we made models for the game. We can't release anything like that without approval or instructions... This is business, not a hobby.

I doubt Oleg or Ilya will tell you anything different than what I just told you.

LeadSpitter_
10-18-2004, 01:44 PM
yes I understand the NDA penguin. The NDA agreement really hurt so many sites and community.

It took away il2center sukoi.ru and netwings.org's development model progress dev sections. Something many of us enjoyed since the early days of il2sturmovik.

ubi/1c do own the texture rights so its up to them I guess to release the wireframe uvmesh bmp which shows the placement and edges of all parts. Hopefully they can respond on this one.

Once again mods please make this a sticky so maybe luthier or oleg will get a chance to see this post.