PDA

View Full Version : AI performance in FB, PF

chief2000
12-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Although I'm not exactly a newbie to FB, I am constantly frustrated in Single player mode when flying against AI that never seem to miss. It's really frustrating, for example, in PF to have a single burst from a A6M (or even the rear gunner on a VAL!) knock out my engine or even totally blow me away before I even have a chance to bring my guns to bear. Online isn't an option for me now (not with dial up!) so any idea what I can do?

chief2000
12-12-2004, 07:18 AM
Although I'm not exactly a newbie to FB, I am constantly frustrated in Single player mode when flying against AI that never seem to miss. It's really frustrating, for example, in PF to have a single burst from a A6M (or even the rear gunner on a VAL!) knock out my engine or even totally blow me away before I even have a chance to bring my guns to bear. Online isn't an option for me now (not with dial up!) so any idea what I can do?

VW-IceFire
12-12-2004, 08:13 AM
Is this in the QMB or in a campaign? What are you flying? What are you flying against?

If you think the AI is challenging...wait till you go online. Its often times signficantly more difficult to compete online than it is offline although the AI in PF is closer to being more "human-like" in its appearance.

It may just be your strategy at dealing with them rather than the AI. They can be uncannily good sometimes, or they can totally miss the boat...it depends. Like humans, they have some weak spots.