PDA

View Full Version : A bug, or is it just a feature that's poorly implemented?

Pr0metheus 1962
12-22-2007, 07:58 AM
When we play the AI opponents, why can't we see their images during the game? Is it just me that's having this problem? It seems to me that the only real reason for having the avatars in the game in the first place is so that you can see who you're playing during the game - to put a face on the moves, so to speak.

I think the devs ought to address this issue. Although the problem is hardly earth-shattering, I think it would make a big difference if the opponent's face was visible during the game. I think it would add a certain human element (or at least a simulated human element) to player vs. computer play.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-22-2007, 07:58 AM
When we play the AI opponents, why can't we see their images during the game? Is it just me that's having this problem? It seems to me that the only real reason for having the avatars in the game in the first place is so that you can see who you're playing during the game - to put a face on the moves, so to speak.

I think the devs ought to address this issue. Although the problem is hardly earth-shattering, I think it would make a big difference if the opponent's face was visible during the game. I think it would add a certain human element (or at least a simulated human element) to player vs. computer play.

diskamyl
12-22-2007, 10:48 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Beeryus:

I think the devs ought to address this issue. Although the problem is hardly earth-shattering, I think it would make a big difference if the opponent's face was visible during the game. I think it would add a certain human element (or at least a simulated human element) to player vs. computer play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

you should be able to see pictures of the AI personalities. it's probably because the "notation" or the time window is too narrow. make it wider and you'll see them.

Pr0metheus 1962
12-22-2007, 04:29 PM
Thanks for the response. That was indeed the problem. I guess I figured that they wouldn't allow it to go too narrow to remove the images altogether. It's funny - in training and ranked play modes it only allows you to set it a little narrower than will allow the pictures to show anyway, so I'm not sure why they didn't make it so the pictures always show.