11-07-2011, 07:24 PM
hi all,

AC1 coming back with AC:R in 1 BluRay
but it would be Awesome with Trophys !

UBISOFT.... do it !

*push* !

Sarari
11-07-2011, 08:01 PM
It's an extra CD. It's gonna have the same trophies as it did in 2007. Or at least I think it will. I have an Xbox so I don't know if PS3 had trophies for AC1.

Blind2Society
11-07-2011, 08:02 PM
You know, I've always wanted them but now that I think of it, I kind of don't. I really don't want to have to collect all those damn flags for a fourth maybe even fifth time (can't recall exactly how many times I've played through AC).

Sarari, ps3 didn't have trophy support when AC was released, xbox did.

Sarari
11-07-2011, 08:46 PM
Oh http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif

Why would you replay a game so many times, especially AC1? I can't replay a game more than twice, because then I lose that awesome and memorable feeling of when I first started playing the game.

AC1, I replayed it because I felt like I didn't know a lot about the story so I replayed it. But once I hit that 'New Game' button, I yelled to myself "NOOOOOOOOO!!!" But turns out in the end I liked it even more.

The only reason I replayed AC2 was for his original outfit, and I beat it. Same goes with Brotherhood, except I played maybe 1/5 of it.

Sparty2020
11-07-2011, 09:01 PM
Part of me wants this for the sole reason that I can say: "Yep. Platinum on all AC games. Master Assassin right here! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif " But I truly hate the idea of not only having to collect all those flags but also replaying AC1. The first time through AC1 is great, but the moment you press the "New Game" button it suddenly hits you that you're gonna have to deal with beggars, view points, citizens, psychos, the overly crowded streets, Altair's slow movements (at least compared to Desmond and Ezio), and extremely slow repetitive combat.

But I guess Ubi should at least consider trophy support. Just for novelty's sake

Serrachio
11-07-2011, 09:14 PM
I don't see why it would be impossible.

Maybe they could add a patch in for the original AC1 along with this free copy that adds trophy support and goes off of the AC1 Achievements from the Xbox side of things.

After all, that way they'd only need to make a Platinum one for the 100% Trophy completion.

thekarlone
11-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
I don't see why it would be impossible.

Maybe they could add a patch in for the original AC1 along with this free copy that adds trophy support and goes off of the AC1 Achievements from the Xbox side of things.

After all, that way they'd only need to make a Platinum one for the 100% Trophy completion.

^This. I want trophies too, and I think it is possible with a patch. It would be a great incentive to want to replay it... again.

Chronomancy
11-08-2011, 02:05 AM
You can either have a better experience in Revelations, or have trophies in a game you have already played.

sassinscreed
11-08-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by Zachal84:
hi all,

AC1 coming back with AC:R in 1 BluRay
but it would be Awesome with Trophys !

UBISOFT.... do it !

*push* !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v...OHvaPRc&feature=fvst (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4VbOHvaPRc&feature=fvst)

thekarlone
11-08-2011, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
You can either have a better experience in Revelations, or have trophies in a game you have already played.

Or both.

Serrachio
11-08-2011, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by thekarlone:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:

Or both. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And besides, by going by the Xbox criteria for the AC1 Achievements for the PS3 Trophies, it really doesn't make it complicated as opposed to making a whole new set.

The only real challenge would be thinking up a name for the 100% completion platinum trophy, and that could be as simple as naming it "True Hashshashin" or "Hashshashin's Paradise".

Mr_Shade
11-08-2011, 10:29 AM
The copy of AC1 you will get on a certain version of Revelations, is identical to the original release.

And, as such, does not and will never have support for trophies - the game was released before the PS3 had that kind of incentive, where as the Xbox launched with it - hence the difference...

Serrachio
11-08-2011, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by Mr_Shade:
The copy of AC1 you will get on a certain version of Revelations, is identical to the original release.

And, as such, does not and will never have support for trophies - the game was released before the PS3 had that kind of incentive, where as the Xbox launched with it - hence the difference...

I know that the copy included with the PS3 copy of Revelations is the same as the original AC1.

It's rather unfair to exclude PS3 players from trophies that they originally couldn't obtain because of the trophies release coming later though.

I would have assumed that this could be an opportunity and an incentive for players to collect them and be equal with the Xbox side, along with experiencing Altair freshly or renew themselves with him.

I'm an Xbox player and I see no reason why PS3 players shouldn't be able to get trophies for a game that I worked hard to get my Achievements from.

After all, how will it impact me in the slightest way? And because of that, how is it negative?

If it is some sort of Microsoft exclusive to make me feel better for playing through the game completely and earning all the collectibles, so that I can flaunt it as an ego badge, I'd rather not have it.

jmk1999
11-08-2011, 03:53 PM
*peeks at topic*

i thought this was a topic about altair in scarface. hmmm... i'll see my way it out of it i guess. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

xCr0wnedNorris
11-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Serrachio:
It's rather unfair to exclude PS3 players from trophies that they originally couldn't obtain because of the trophies release coming later though.

Because it's totally fair that they're the only ones who're getting the game for free with Revelations in the first place.

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Because it's totally fair that they're the only ones who're getting the game for free with Revelations in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Very good point.

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serrachio:

Because it's totally fair that they're the only ones who're getting the game for free with Revelations in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's because of Ubi and Sony making a deal. But trophies are for the players, not the companies and it seems a bit unfair to deny your consumers fair treatment over company greed

LightRey
11-08-2011, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Sparty2020:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xCr0wnedNorris:

Because it's totally fair that they're the only ones who're getting the game for free with Revelations in the first place. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's because of Ubi and Sony making a deal. But trophies are for the players, not the companies and it seems a bit unfair to deny your consumers fair treatment over company greed </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
How does not giving it any trophies have anything to do with company greed?

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 05:09 PM
Originally posted by LightRey:
How does not giving it any trophies have anything to do with company greed? You misunderstand. I meant that the whole "include AC1 with ACR" thing for the PS3 and ignoring the PC and 360 fanbase was due to Ubisoft getting payed to do so by Sony and that was unfair. But there is nothing unfair about releasing a patch that finally adds trophy support to AC1.

scope2005
11-08-2011, 06:30 PM
It COULD be done, and I see no reason why not - the achievements for the Xbox version could easily be translated into PS3 trophies.

The problem is however... The Achievements for the Xbox version of AC are extremely tedious. Unlike AC2 and beyond - the achievements of AC1 lack any sort of imagination... Complete DNA Sequence 1-9/ collect all flags/ save all citizens in X city...

While I pushed myself to obtain 100% achievements on AC2 and ACB - I could barely stomach the tedium of collecting the ridiculously scattered flags of AC1.

I personally dont know why anyone would want to put themselves through that :P

Chronomancy
11-08-2011, 06:48 PM
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that.

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by Chronomancy:
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that. It's a simple copy-and-paste of data. Not like we're asking for a full DLC. And even if we had, ACR has been gold for weeks now and releasing next week. Why in the world would they push back an already completed game over this?

Chronomancy
11-08-2011, 09:22 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chronomancy:
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that. It's a simple copy-and-paste of data. Not like we're asking for a full DLC. And even if we had, ACR has been gold for weeks now and releasing next week. Why in the world would they push back an already completed game over this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Because AC is included in the PS3 package.

Sparty2020
11-08-2011, 09:32 PM
I think (hope?) OP meant through a patch and not have it included in the disk...

Zachal84
11-09-2011, 04:54 AM
i know that AC1 on ACR is the same version from 2007

but i know also that Trophys can be patched in
thats what i mean

o BigSte o
11-09-2011, 06:21 AM
Think yourself lucky some of the achievements in AC 1 are real grinders. Kill 100 Templars, pick pocket 200 throwing knives, Collect different sets of flags in each city. There's like 500 flags to collect overall! : O

Krayus Korianis
11-09-2011, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by BigSte2011:
Think yourself lucky some of the achievements in AC 1 are real grinders. Kill 100 Templars, pick pocket 200 throwing knives, Collect different sets of flags in each city. There's like 500 flags to collect overall! : O

They should count themselves lucky they don't have to do that. Also it's 60 Templars, 100 flags in the Kingdom, Jerusalem and Damascus, 99-100 (of three kinds of flags split up) in Acre and like 20 flags in Masyaf itself.

THEN you gotta help every civilian you encounter for the achievement, every synchronization view point, get a ton of other achievements and a glitched one that rarely pops even if you do it right.

sp33dd34m0n
11-09-2011, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Krayus_Korianis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BigSte2011:

They should count themselves lucky they don't have to do that. Also it's 60 Templars, 100 flags in the Kingdom, Jerusalem and Damascus, 99-100 (of three kinds of flags split up) in Acre and like 20 flags in Masyaf itself.

THEN you gotta help every civilian you encounter for the achievement, every synchronization view point, get a ton of other achievements and a glitched one that rarely pops even if you do it right. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMG... I think I do not want another AC game with trophies I would never get. Im actually glad AC1 has no trophy support on PS3.

EDIT: After reading the Achievements here http://www.xbox360achievements...-creed/achievements/ (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/assassins-creed/achievements/) im sure that I really dont want trophy support for PS3. lol. They require too much time just to do the same stuff over and over...

Mr_Shade
11-09-2011, 10:43 AM
i know that AC1 on ACR is the same version from 2007

but i know also that Trophys can be patched in
thats what i mean I'm sorry to say, that if it could be patched, then it would have most likely already have been done.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Zachal84
11-09-2011, 11:10 AM
really ?
no way like the Game Viking @ XBox360 to patch trophys support in ?

is it a problem with the PS3 Plattform or Sony ?

okok...
cant be patched
but than.. i dont understand why ubisoft release in 2011 AC:R + AC1 with NO trophy system ?
why they dont take this chance for a renew....

i think they could sell more with this amaizing news:

AC:R COMES WITH AC1 (reworked TROPHY SYSTEM!)

O_o

we speak from a great franchise .... every year 1 new game

Assassins Creed is for Ubisoft like.... Super Mario for Nintendo

i was never a fan from ubisoft but since ive seen Assassins Creed i preordered every game blind ! and i want to collect Trophys for great Games what i played to the end... its like 2 games in 1. I play to the end think "nice game =) had much fun" and now comes the step for trophyhunters to say "i check the trophys !" and excited of the challenge !

Mr_Shade
11-09-2011, 11:13 AM
really ?
no way like the Game Viking @ XBox360 to patch trophys support in ?

is it a problem with the PS3 Plattform or Sony ? It may be possible, but it would have been done already if it was a simple thing to do, sorry to say.

The game needs to have the trophies coded into the game, so it's not a quick or simple thing to do, so it hasn't happened.

ihal
11-09-2011, 11:19 AM
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that. It's a simple copy-and-paste of data. Not like we're asking for a full DLC. And even if we had, ACR has been gold for weeks now and releasing next week. Why in the world would they push back an already completed game over this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it's probably a little bit more than a simple copy-paste job. Specifically, I'm referring to implementing support for the PS3 Trophy API (so that they can be unlocked properly in the first place). How long that would take, I don't know, since I haven't done any console development. It really depends on how portable the source for AC1 is between systems.

LightRey
11-09-2011, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by ihal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that. It's a simple copy-and-paste of data. Not like we're asking for a full DLC. And even if we had, ACR has been gold for weeks now and releasing next week. Why in the world would they push back an already completed game over this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it's probably a little bit more than a simple copy-paste job. Specifically, I'm referring to implementing support for the PS3 Trophy API (so that they can be unlocked properly in the first place). How long that would take, I don't know, since I haven't done any console development. It really depends on how portable the source for AC1 is between systems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
True. The system was probably never designed to be able to recognize anything trophy related regarding pre-PS3 games, let alone allow full trophy support.

Sparty2020
11-09-2011, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by ihal:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparty2020:
To do this they would most likely have to push back ACR, then you would all complain about that. It's a simple copy-and-paste of data. Not like we're asking for a full DLC. And even if we had, ACR has been gold for weeks now and releasing next week. Why in the world would they push back an already completed game over this? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Actually, it's probably a little bit more than a simple copy-paste job. Specifically, I'm referring to implementing support for the PS3 Trophy API (so that they can be unlocked properly in the first place). How long that would take, I don't know, since I haven't done any console development. It really depends on how portable the source for AC1 is between systems. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I was exaggerating :P But the original Uncharted released same year as Assassins Creed (2007) and later had trophy support patched in no problem by at least 2008, which shows me that it IS possible but either Uncharted has something AC doesn't or Ubisoft is just extremely lazy and don't feel like updating their games (just look at all the bugs in the original...)