PDA

View Full Version : Console controls need updates ASAP

Ghostdog AUS
09-29-2010, 03:05 AM
I played both PC and Xbox versions. I also use xbox controller on PC version.

When switching from keyboard to controller you loose groupings and alot of other controls.

This is very poor as the controller can easily handle different combinations to include the excluded actions.

An example of another RTS that had good controller configs was Command and conquer on xbox 360.

Do devs read these forums ( console)?

TheVoice777
09-29-2010, 04:19 AM
If you hold RT in on the xbox controller and drag it over the units you want in a group you can make a group, not like pc grouping though...but it works well enough

InfiniteStates
09-29-2010, 05:13 AM
I think the controls are generally quite good, but I have to say, I do miss groupings.

Admittedly I can select a load of units with R2 then choose the unit type I want (as long as I can recognise the picture or know the abbreviated name), but it would still be nicer to be able to select a group quicker through the touch of a couple of buttons.

Axe99
09-29-2010, 05:44 AM
Aye, I find it perfectly playable, but wouldn't mind customisable hotkeys as well - maybe have a button that toggles the D-pad away from planes to four 'hotkeys' or similar?

Joppsta
09-29-2010, 01:11 PM
Well my solution would be to use the RB and LB in a similar fashion to "shift" key on the PC. That would open up infinitely more control possibities. The main one i'd love to see is the ability to group units on the d-pad/button pad. That way RB + AXYB, up, down, left, right.. 8 groups. More than enough for ruse i'd say. Hell, maybe 4 groups would do.

RB for selecting, LB for creating. Or let us modify the controls to our preference. This is what a lot of games drop the ball on.. especially on console. Not so sure about the PC scene but more or less every single PC game i've ever played has let you change the keys and what they do.

Ghostdog AUS
09-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah the bumper hold option is what command and conquer used and they had reverse and everything.

Fingers crossed it gets fixed. Consoles always get less controls but this game could easily be on even ground as there aint much to do on keyboard as it is.