PDA

View Full Version : Which platform? (POLL)

Chaotic-Shadow
09-28-2006, 10:41 PM
Ok so what I wanted to know was which platform will it really shine in. I currently own a Xbox360 and im not to excited on the graphics and knowing PC will probably have the better graphics I wanted to get you guys' opinions. And im not just talking about graphics but just the overall feel to the game.

SpiderFreak
09-28-2006, 11:49 PM
I'm voting 360. Why?

One, the graphics are automatically good. I don't have a bad computer, but it's nowhere near high-end, so I'd rather get max graphics and a clear picture on my 37" HDTV than medium-high graphics on a lower resolution on my 15" CRT. Also, there will (hopefully) be a constant framerate on the 360, while the PC possibly won't due to hardware.

Two, I think the 360 controller will work wonderfully with the control scheme, and will feel infinitly better than a keyboard and mouse. I, personally, hate the PS/PS2/PS3 controller, so I'd much rather play it on 360.

Three, while the downloadable content may come out on all systems, it'll deffinently be on 360.

I could put up a bunch of other reasons, but most of those are personal opinion, and don't make that version a "better" version for anyone but me.

SF

SplintacellDA
09-29-2006, 06:39 AM
xbox 360...theres no reason to even buy a PS3 cause all the good games (except for this one) are exclusive to the 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

entropy777
09-29-2006, 07:31 AM
<span class="ev_code_GREY">PS3... Because: I hate Microsoft. (In all fairness I hate Sony too, but not as much)</span>

FuuKuy
09-29-2006, 10:20 AM
PC:

Higher resolutions, more AA and AF, possibly of choose control, downloadable content, less time loadings, etc.
Of course in a high end PC.

lightwave141
09-30-2006, 05:32 AM
Originally posted by SplintacellDA:
xbox 360...theres no reason to even buy a PS3 cause all the good games (except for this one) are exclusive to the 360 http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

uh you got mixed up at the end because all the good games are for PS3 and its wave after wave of FPS for xbox =)

anyway on topic I vote PS3 because of the power which will make no lag (maybe a little bit i dunno) plus free online. The PS3 will last a long time. Not that expensive because with the HD add on for 360 its around the same price so thats about it. (you could always get a job if you complain about the price?)

=)

ATFA666
09-30-2006, 05:37 AM
Xbox 360 because controls will be easy to get used to whereas a ps3 controller/keyboard could take more time. Graphics will be amazing. And the amount of detail will be stunning.

xxstalker24xx
09-30-2006, 01:28 PM
I like pc becuase you get much better movement with a mouse and keyboard then controlers seen as with consoles you usely get a helping system, but you could always plug a controler into your pc. I rly think overall AC will be good on all platforms becuase its not being ported.

DarkCrawler90
09-30-2006, 01:30 PM
I'll be probably getting it for PS3. As I live in Europe, I can however see how it does in States and Japan before buying it...to see if PS3 flops or not. I don't want it to, though.

drunkrepublican
09-30-2006, 01:37 PM
I spent WAY too much money on consoles and games this past generation. I'm sticking with just the Xbox 360 this time.

Edit: And the 360 version of Assassin's Creed has better AI than the other versions, so that's a bonus.

ifiwerearichman
09-30-2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by drunkrepublican:
I spent WAY too much money on consoles and games this past generation. I'm sticking with just the Xbox 360 this time.

Edit: And the 360 version of Assassin's Creed has better AI than the other versions, so that's a bonus.
Oh my goodness, that quote on 1up was taken way out of context. Jade mentions that the 360 is more efficient in running AI scripts through its pipelines, BUT THAT DOES NOT directly result in better AI. The strength of a game's lies in the coding, and that will be almost identical with the obvious changes to account for the different platforms.

drunkrepublican
09-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drunkrepublican:

Oh my goodness, that quote on 1up was taken way out of context. Jade mentions that the 360 is more efficient in running AI scripts through its pipelines, BUT THAT DOES NOT directly result in better AI... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on achievements. The hardware also allows for improved threading, which will improve even further the crowd AI"

Pretty straightfoward if you ask me.

ifiwerearichman
09-30-2006, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by drunkrepublican:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ifiwerearichman:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by drunkrepublican:

Oh my goodness, that quote on 1up was taken way out of context. Jade mentions that the 360 is more efficient in running AI scripts through its pipelines, BUT THAT DOES NOT directly result in better AI... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

"While the PlayStation 3 and 360 versions of Assassin's Creed are virtually identical, Raymond did say that on the 360 the team is putting a special emphasis on achievements. The hardware also allows for improved threading, which will improve even further the crowd AI"

Pretty straightfoward if you ask me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Sorry for the late edit, but as I just mentioned, the AI will be virtually identical. That is, unless if Ubisoft intentionally dedicates more time and resource towards the xbox 360 coding vs the ps3. Otherwise I'm not gonna worry too much...