PDA

View Full Version : JU88 Level Bombing Help

Klussdog
12-03-2009, 10:24 PM
Hello Guys,

Well, its time to try to master something new and I figured I try it with my favorite German bomber the JU88.

I have no problem dive bombing but seem to be missing something when trying to level bomb. I have created the following commands which work with autopilot off but will not work when its engaged. They are as follows:

Increase sight distance: D page up
Decrease sight distance: D page down

Increase bombsight velocity: alt page up
Decrease bombsight velocity: alt page down

Increase bombsight altitude: ctrl page up
Decrease bombsight altitude: ctrl page down

Increase bombsight pitch angle: shift page up
Decrease bombsight pitch angel: shift page down

Turn on automated bombsight: Numlock

So my question is this - How in the hell are you going to keep the plane level and on target when trying to use the bomb site? I must me missing something........

RSS-Martin
12-04-2009, 12:22 AM
How about the level stabelizer? For fine tuning onto the target you use then trim. Works fine!

ytareh
12-04-2009, 01:18 AM
Remember its LEVEL STABILISER and NOT -LEVEL AUTOPILOT!You will know anyway as the plane will jerk straight into a steady level flight.
You can bomb 'manually' by just releasing at a given ANGLE for an exact height and TRUE airspeed or else use Auto Bombsight which releases all your bombs at once .
Suggest you Google and download ('THOR's' -?) IL2 Level Bombing Manual .Theres also a Training Video in the game for He111.Oh and the He111 is easier to keep in level flight than Ju88 especially with the big bombloads .

Waldo.Pepper
12-04-2009, 03:18 AM
Ju-88 is a giant Stuka. Shelve this level bombing nonsense and do it properly.

RSS-Martin
12-04-2009, 03:28 AM
Originally posted by Waldo.Pepper:
Ju-88 is a giant Stuka. Shelve this level bombing nonsense and do it properly.

???

Dam it those so called vetran Ju88 pilots got it wrong again....got to get rid of those stupid books. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

ytareh
12-04-2009, 04:22 AM
Well the thing is us level bombers and ground pounders in general like to carry the max load and the Ju88 is a dog with the 2xSC2000 loadout especially compared to the older He111...Similarly the 'newer' TB3 with the mega loadouts climbs like a dog compared with the smaller loadouts .That lightly loaded TB3 will out climb a badly flown FW190 at an insane climbing speed of about 80-100kmh ...

RSS-Martin
12-04-2009, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by ytareh:
Well the thing is us level bombers and ground pounders in general like to carry the max load and the Ju88 is a dog with the 2xSC2000 loadout especially compared to the older He111...Similarly the 'newer' TB3 with the mega loadouts climbs like a dog compared with the smaller loadouts .That lightly loaded TB3 will out climb a badly flown FW190 at an insane climbing speed of about 80-100kmh ...

Ah having problems with a typical IL2 boob?
Check it up the Ju 88 never carried 2 SC2000 bombs, SC1000s where pretty much the max.
With 2 SC2000s the plane in RL would not leave the ground.

I do a lot of high level bombing, but SC2000s I only take with a He111 not with a Ju88

Klussdog
12-04-2009, 08:13 AM
Thanks for the help but I have one more question.

There are two options - Toggle Level Autopilot and Level Stabilizer which is the correct one to use?

RSS-Martin
12-04-2009, 09:05 AM
Level Stabilizer is what you are looking for, when you wish to level bomb. Is also nice for long flights, lets you sit back and have a drink or so. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Klussdog
12-04-2009, 09:26 AM
Thanks for all the help. Now I can try my hand at level bombing http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/11.gif