PDA

View Full Version : A new cockpit for the Bf 109?



XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:21 PM
There are many new a/c planned to be released for FB, so there are clearly people out there able to do beautiful cockpits. The Bf 110 cockpit looks superb, for instance, in the previews.

However, the Bf 109 cockpits look very crude and blocky, even when compared to the existing cockpits for the FW 190 or almost any of the Russian a/c. The definition around the top left of the instrument deck is particularly unappealing.

Given that the 109 is such an important and common a/c in the game it would be very nice to see its cockpit brought up to the standard of the others.

To be honest, I could quite happily wait a few more months to get a novelty a/c like the Me 163 if the cockpit-modelling effort could be diverted into revising the Bf 109s.

Flame away...

Regards,

RocketDog.




Message Edited on 08/28/0311:22AM by RocketDog

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:21 PM
There are many new a/c planned to be released for FB, so there are clearly people out there able to do beautiful cockpits. The Bf 110 cockpit looks superb, for instance, in the previews.

However, the Bf 109 cockpits look very crude and blocky, even when compared to the existing cockpits for the FW 190 or almost any of the Russian a/c. The definition around the top left of the instrument deck is particularly unappealing.

Given that the 109 is such an important and common a/c in the game it would be very nice to see its cockpit brought up to the standard of the others.

To be honest, I could quite happily wait a few more months to get a novelty a/c like the Me 163 if the cockpit-modelling effort could be diverted into revising the Bf 109s.

Flame away...

Regards,

RocketDog.




Message Edited on 08/28/0311:22AM by RocketDog

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 12:42 PM
Let us know when your finished with re-modelling the 109 cockpits.

Let me thank you in advance for putting nearly all your spare time and effort into this project.

A big Salute to you.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:07 PM
hi,
That's really to much..can't follow You...

..why not talk about better cockpit/pilots and gunsight views of several planes in running game and of course some new in the pipeline ..

believe me .. a next advanced cockpit view of a so called more real 'hardcore'sim .. will be far away of those blocked views as we had in the last years and including in Il2/FB...

it's not at all a problem of pc desktop view
+ software..its' .. the way of design more near to real basic facts..

so every developer should be interest to this ..even some apologets of the past have the interest to undermine criticism...



Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- Let us know when your finished with re-modelling the
- 109 cockpits.
-
- Let me thank you in advance for putting nearly all
- your spare time and effort into this project.
-
- A big Salute to you.
-
-

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:17 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- Let us know when your finished with re-modelling the
- 109 cockpits.
-
- Let me thank you in advance for putting nearly all
- your spare time and effort into this project.
-
- A big Salute to you.

Juvenile.

Regards,

RocketDog.





Message Edited on 08/28/0302:23PM by RocketDog

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:24 PM
I don't have problems with 109 cockpits, however I would like to have an option to remove the dirt! Erla Hauble is too dirty and yellow in the rear. It's hard even without the dirty cockpits in IL2 to recognize planes in the air or close to the ground on our monitors I would like to have my windows clean.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:29 PM
If you don't want to do the work yourself then this is not the forum to ask for it.
I suggest you go to the Netwings Forum and ask the modellers there if they want to rebuild the existing cockpits.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:37 PM
I believe this is the forum to ask for it because to replace existing cockpits with ones featuring a higher level of detail and texturing would require a go ahead from Oleg Maddox. So I posted it here as a suggestion.

Sorry if this upsets you.

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:42 PM
I agree, Sometime before I propose this in the forum. The 109 needs a remake of the cockpit, it has one of the first olds cockpits of the game, when the cuality not was very tall yet. Now we have others standars, and 109 is one of the most important planes in the game, I really like see it remodeled, specially that versions with blured textures in the struts.

This has nothing to see with rework other planes, or gunhit views. Is only eye candy, fine eye candy.

I love also the dirt in the glass of planes wich have it, I really would like see it in all the planes. See from the cocpits of WW2 planes in real life was not a easy work! If you donÔ┬┤t like this, buy a radar.

Another candy I like to see is damege models with change of geometry in all planes, like in some versions of 109 or IL-2 where the metalic fuselaje is broken not only with textures and alfa.


Ailantd

www.Ailantd.com (http://www.Ailantd.com)




Ailantd

www.Ailantd.com (http://www.Ailantd.com)

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 03:47 PM
RocketDog wrote:
- I believe this is the forum to ask for it because to
- replace existing cockpits with ones featuring a
- higher level of detail and texturing would require a
- go ahead from Oleg Maddox. So I posted it here as a
- suggestion.
-
- Sorry if this upsets you.
-
- Regards,
-
- RocketDog.

Then again, use the proper channels, ask permission via mail, round up modellers that want to help you out and get the ball rolling.

This is just the lazy way to do it.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:06 PM
Ailantd is exactly right. The Bf 109's were built at a time early in the life cycle of IL2, so the polygon count and texture quality is not of the same quality of the 190's, La's, etc. However, for 1C to update the 109 cockpits would require a significant amount of time to revise. I'm sure Oleg wants to update them, and I'm sure we'll see a beatiful new cockpit model in his next sim.

@ Cappadocian: since all the 109 models have been created by 1C, there is no reason to retort with "go take your request to the third party modellers or do it yourself." Contrary to a lot of posts I see here, RocketDog's request is very reasonble and posted in a courteous manner.

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162A-2 Cockpit Modeler

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:13 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
-- Then again, use the proper channels, ask permission
- via mail, round up modellers that want to help you
- out and get the ball rolling.
-
- This is just the lazy way to do it.


With respect, you're wrong.

Quoted from Euro_Snoopy's guidelines:

"Only post here about IL2/FB Bugs, wish lists, restrict general comments or questions about the game to the General Discussion Board"

I consider this to be an item in a wish list and don't see how it could be a "general comment or question about the game".

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Like I said, the lazy way to do it.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:43 PM
Well,

I've seen alot of sims and I can tell you that none of these were perfect. But IL2/FB nearly is..... I think it's a question of taste and preferences, isn't it? Or do you pretend having nice cockpits in CFS3? They're absolutely ugly, really!

A bient├┬┤t!

JJRous

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:44 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- Like I said, the lazy way to do it.


LOL - I'm not sure that it could be any other way. This is a forum where we can request changes to the game, and that's what I have done. It's sad you choose to use confrontational language like "lazy" though.

I remember when ATi produced the early Catalyst drivers for the 9700 series of cards I was one of many people who requested that they include an option to force vsync off or on. It would be pretty flabergasting to be told in reply that I should get my own driver team together and do it myself if I wanted it. I don't see that this is any different.

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 04:52 PM
Comparing a cockpit model in a game to a hardware driver.

That is funny.


<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 05:27 PM
hi,
so ..may I ask You ..what's Your interest at this thread ?

..maybe You waste Your time in this ...because You have other intention .. or?

by the way.. it's the case of the members in this forum to post their points by the thematics ...as this forum is a base for such points...

and believe me.. we need no help or instruction how to do this in this forum by Cappadocian_317...

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 05:49 PM
Then see it this way since all you guys think that things come free in this world.

It doesn't, so if you want something, in this case the Bf109 pits re-textured then help Oleg help you.

So far you guys want freebees, well, maybe in a perfect world all things are for free but in the really real world it's not the case.

So get of your lazy buttox and at least try to help Oleg out so you all can enjoy a nice looking Bf109 pit.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:28 PM
Yes!! Please!!
I asked (and he was so kind to answer me) to Oleg that if the detail of (I centered my petition on this part of the cockpit) the early Revis could be updated, at least on the thickness of the glass. He answered me that the thikness was right :-( and the detail was low (compared with the other sights) because the 109 was the older cockpit of all.

After seeing the Bf110 cockpit and the great new Revi, I wondered id the 109 and Stukas could be "upgraded" with it.
Also the dials (seem to me a bit blury) could be upped too.

RocketDog, thanks for trying to make my dreams true!


Athlon XP 2400+
Club3D ATI Radeon 9700 Pro
ASUS A7n8X Motherboard
2x512Mb DDR333 RAM
Windows XP Pro
2xWD120Gb ATA100 HDs

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:37 PM
probably could do with a new skin for it, thats about it, the geometry and actual model of it is ok

-but really im not bothered

http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/giantrobot/bender.jpg
Which Colossal Death Robot Are You? (http://rumandmonkey.com/widgets/tests/giantrobot/)

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 08:14 PM
bump

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 08:36 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:
- Then see it this way since all you guys think that
- things come free in this world.

I think you misunderstand.

Nobody has so far mentioned anything about costs at all. For myself, I wouldn't mind if a new cockpit was done as part of a free downloadable add on or as part of a payware add on distributed on CD. PC game expansions are generally quite affordable so I doubt if a payware add on for FB that included some new a/c would cost much.

But of course there is already a precedent for free add ons to IL-2 and FB. In IL-2 we got the Ju-87 and it looks as if we will soon be getting a P-51 and Me-163 as part of a free download for FB.

Incidentally, it would be helpful if you could drop the hostile tone. There's absolutely no need for it.

Regards,

RocketDog.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 08:56 PM
There is a difference in making something new and updating exisiting things.

If you buy a new car and a year later the same model has a nicer interiour you can't go back and ask to get your car re-designed for free just because the car looks nicer now then yours.

The game model and the pit is finished so why should they waste time and money to make it nicer because certain newer models are also nicer looking?
I am sure they have better things to do like making new games that bring money in the pocket instead of working for free.

Take the ball to your court and start organizing something.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 12:16 AM
Excellent request Rocket about upgrading Fb109 cockpit. I don't think it is needed--but Thanks!!

The dirt canopy should be optional...anyway is this really dirt or is it supposed to represent ageing canopies? If dirt, do we have the Fb109 dirty canopy on winter maps too? Did all indivudual examples of a particular model of Fb109 have the *exact* same dirt pattern on canopies? Something tells me the "dirt" as implemented now detracts from realism.

If we can't see out of bad canopies, wozop with the notorious Eye Candy? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 12:50 AM
Don't really notice any of the cockpit during flight, except a few gauges.. my eyes are set towards outside of the cockpit, not inside.

It is a good suggestion with good heart, but I really don't think it would be a priority in any sort of way. But on the other hand, I really could do without the yellow blurry grease, dust, whatever-that-is cluttering the already flimsy 5,6,7 O'c view of Bf109s.

Keep try contact 1C staff, and be serious and polite about the matter, and maybe they will answer to you. Good luck!



-----------
Due to pressure from the moderators, the sig returns to..

"It's the machine, not the man." - Materialist, and proud of it!

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 01:07 AM
New 109 cockpits have certainly been number one on my wish list. I'm glad other people feel this way.

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 01:28 AM
Leave my 109 alone.


http://members.cox.net/miataman1/WAR-08.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 08:12 AM
hi,
here a link to some nice pics of cockpits at simhq:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=41;t=021997


if there is a better way of new cockpit views and design in next addon..why not ?

on the other hand we have to recognize the problem of integration to the camera view into the running game engine..

hope next sim will be more advanced in this case by Maddox team..



chris455 wrote:
- Leave my 109 alone.
-
-
-

XyZspineZyX
08-29-2003, 09:47 AM
BlackJaguar wrote:
- I don't have problems with 109 cockpits, however I
- would like to have an option to remove the dirt!
- Erla Hauble is too dirty and yellow in the rear.
- It's hard even without the dirty cockpits in IL2 to
- recognize planes in the air or close to the ground
- on our monitors I would like to have my windows
- clean.
-
-
-
-

That's odd... i could have sworn that the "dirt" was anti-reflective coating, or something along those lines... then again, i supose it is possible for green colored dirt to somehow cake onto the side windows only, and not the front window. At any rate... i have been told by numerous people that this yellowish coating did not exist on all of the 109's... and thus needs to be taken off some models.

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 04:42 PM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:

- The game model and the pit is finished so why should
- they waste time and money to make it nicer because
- certain newer models are also nicer looking?

Hmm...to maintain a certain standard of quality for all the cockpits?

Or because there is already a precedent for improving cockpits? Or did you forget that the La5FN's cockpit was upgraded for FB?

I/JG54^Lukas
He 162 A-2 Cockpit Modeler
...and soon the Hs 129 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-30-2003, 09:09 PM
JG54_Lukas wrote:
- Or because there is already a precedent for
- improving cockpits? Or did you forget that the
- La5FN's cockpit was upgraded for FB?

I didn't notice a change in the LA5FN.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 03:00 AM
Cappadocian_317,

RocketDog's request is justified, well worded, and not extreme.

After all, there are threads in here asking for whole new sims. However, all RocketDog requested was a cockpit update.

Now, Cappadocian_317, go bug your mommy for a lollipop or something. (BTW, who appointed you keeper of ORR? Man, I hope you never conive your way into becoming a Moderator.)

Also, Cappadocian_317, from reading your posts in ORR, you are getting no more of an attitude from me than what you give to other people. In some of those posts, besides putting people down, you have complained about certain things. So, take your own advice and fix the things you do not like yourself.

<p align="center">http://forums.ubi.com/i/icons/Symbols/symbol-us-flag.gif </br></br><font size="1" color="white"><u>RealKill</u></font></p><font size="1" color="#4A535C">

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 09:44 AM
I have never asked for a change in any cockpit, your just making stuff up, as usual.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:02 AM
Cappadocian_317 wrote:

- I didn't notice a change in the LA5FN.

I distinctly remember Oleg posting devlopment shots in which he indicated they had new information which improved the La5FN cockpit.

But, that's beside the point. RocketDog's request is more than reasonable (unlike those "change this now! it is all wrong, whaaaa!" posts I see), yet you come in here with a hostile tone. Why is that?


I/JG54^Lukas
He 162 A-2 Cockpit Modeler
...and soon the Hs 129 /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
08-31-2003, 10:45 AM
They had new information so they corrected it, this is not a new information thing, it's a "I want a nicer cockpit too" thing.

I want it also done without any effort on my side but I want the game developer to do it because it's his game.

Like I said before, help Oleg help you.
Are you guys really that dense or what?

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-01-2003, 10:18 AM
Thread posted by Cappadocian_317...

- If they would add sand bags and crew arround
- artillery/Flak/AAA/Field/AT guns and static dug in
- tanks and Infantry that only fire you can make with
- some effort a nice front line in the FMB.
-
- Edit: Bunkers and pillboxes might also be nice.
-
- Any comments?


Yes, Cappadocian_317, I have a couple of comments, and some questions.

Have you done even ONE sand bag? How about a pillbox?

Hmmm. Like I basically said earlier, practice what you preach.

Also, have you fixed that 190 roll rate you have complained about so many times in various threads/posts?

Should I continue? Nah, what for. My point is made.

-

QUOTE: Cappadocian_317...
"I have never asked for a change in any cockpit, ..."

Cappadocian_317, when did I say you asked for a change in a cockpit? Work on your reading and comprehension skills. Maybe you should apply your shoe size analogy to yourself. Let me see, something like, your IQ is not even half of my shoe size. Simply put, if you are too dumb to read and understand, don't bother to reply.

In regards to understanding, and in conjunction with this board, it is common knowledge that this is the place for RocketDog's request, and again, it is a perfectly reasonable one. Also, it is common knowledge that modelers come here to read/post. (D'OH!) So, again, the request is in the right place. Maybe one of them will take that request and run with it. (That would be very appreciated.)

Myself, I do not care if it is updated or not, but it would be nice, though.

-

Cappadocian_317, you were also provided with this...
""Only post here about IL2/FB Bugs, wish lists, ...""
Are you too DENSE to understand that?

Apparently.

Now, go make a real sandbag and put your head in it.

-

Oh, yeah. In case you have not figured out the answer to your last question...
no, I am not dense, and it seems as though no one else in this thread is dense, either,
except... .
(Or, are you just plain dumb?)

<p align="center">http://forums.ubi.com/i/icons/Symbols/symbol-us-flag.gif </br></br><font size="1" color="white"><u>RealKill</u></font></p><font size="1" color="#4A535C">