PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer DLC

Sabooza
11-21-2010, 11:30 AM
What would YOU want for DLC on AC:B multiplayer? what new characters? maps? and game modes? and maybe even other features etc. a music player or something? let me know your ideas people! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Rainie
11-21-2010, 11:38 AM
I would go for characters for dlc. Maps and modes wouldn't work as dlc because then you'd only be able go play with people that had them

ShootingProdi
11-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by kriticalraine:
I would go for characters for dlc. Maps and modes wouldn't work as dlc because then you'd only be able go play with people that had them
A lot of people would buy the maps..

Rainie
11-21-2010, 12:15 PM
But the maps are based off the server, they aren't downloaded to your machine so if they were offered as dlc I don't see how it would work. Now if they were new maps that were added on to servers so that everyone then I'd love that.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 12:20 PM
If they made a separate playlist for people with map packs, that would work.

Or they could have the game check each player's DLC for the map packs and if any player doesn't have a certain pack, it won't load any of those maps. Would be less awesome for those with the maps, but less trouble for those without.

galindo62
11-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Game modes for sure.

RangerRico
11-21-2010, 04:54 PM
I'd like it all. The only problem is that adding new maps and game modes would probably slow down its already sucky matchmaking system.

Ven_GencE999
11-21-2010, 05:02 PM
I'd prefer if they focused on fixing the flaws first like matching making and not getting contracts for half the game before anything else.

Then I'd like it all, new maps, new modes, new gear, and new characters. And I don't need for it to be free, but I do need for it to WORK...

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-21-2010, 05:41 PM
New characters of course.

noreturn2
11-21-2010, 05:58 PM
New game modes (oh yea)

sgtJARHEADxX
11-21-2010, 06:24 PM
A map that is FULL of AI and no buildings. Just a big square with a crowd. Would be intense.

obliviondoll
11-21-2010, 06:32 PM
Originally posted by sgtJARHEADxX:
A map that is FULL of AI and no buildings. Just a big square with a crowd. Would be intense.
If they do new maps, I want this one.

dirty_danty
11-21-2010, 07:30 PM
game modes, for ****s sake there are only four modes now

dragonraider00
11-21-2010, 07:45 PM
Game modes and characters! The maps are fine in my opinion.

Maybe for some new characters a musician that bares resemblence to the annoying ones in singleplayer and has a violin or something and uses the bow to stab their target. Or maybe the same instrument that they play in singeplayer and the end is sharpened or something.

Also, if it's not too much like the engineer, and artist that uses a sharpened tip of a paintbrush to kill. Would be better if it was female (possibly the engineer counterpart http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif).

berm87
11-21-2010, 08:17 PM
I'd also love to see new personas exploring the streets of Italy. Perhaps a few more game modes as well, since I'm not too fond of both Alliance and Manhunt.

Rodriquezzz
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I want free map updates and free patches, pay DLC for multiplayer only seperates the community, that's bull**** and i won't shell out money for multiplayer DLC or any other DLC.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Just game modes. But new maps would be nice. But actually I just want them to make new gamemodes and take away monterigioni. That map is roof runner heaven.

stealth995
11-21-2010, 10:14 PM
More levels to level up with. Maybe i play alot but im already 44 and theres nothing past 50...
maybe like a prestige thing but you earn new stuff instead of losing all your current abilities.

postwick
11-21-2010, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Rodriquezzz:
I want free map updates and free patches, pay DLC for multiplayer only seperates the community, that's bull**** and i won't shell out money for multiplayer DLC or any other DLC.

so you'll pay hundreds of dollars for a game system, likely $1000 or more for a TV, $60 for a game, but you won't spend $10 on new content? yeah that makes sense.

MuddledMuppet2
11-22-2010, 02:22 AM
I'd want any kind of DLC that didn't split the player community. I think in a months' tim eor so th eplayer list will drop off considerably, if any DLC came out that had the effect of spliting the community it would be a game killer.

Would love to see some kind of co-op (I know the main story won't happen) but it would definately be on my wish list.

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 09:32 AM
I'd love some new multilayer skins.

I also think we need a new mode, but of course adding a mode for everyone to use (for free basically).

Seje12
11-22-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:

yeah, because no other games have downloadable maps and modes. nobody in the history of gaming has figured out how to make that work. [/sarcasm]

MANY games have maps/modes as DLC. it works just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your right about maps, many games has maps as DLC but the modes is always an update there is free most of the time.
I would love some new free modes and i think it would be bad if the modes were a DLC your gotta buy beacuse there is many people there would not buy it and there is only 4 game modes there is almost the same so it would be unfair if there comes DLC so i hope there comes a Mode update

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Seje12:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by kriticalraine:

yeah, because no other games have downloadable maps and modes. nobody in the history of gaming has figured out how to make that work. [/sarcasm]

MANY games have maps/modes as DLC. it works just fine. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

your right about maps, many games has maps as DLC but the modes is always an update there is free most of the time.
I would love some new free modes and i think it would be bad if the modes were a DLC your gotta buy beacuse there is many people there would not buy it and there is only 4 game modes there is almost the same so it would be unfair if there comes DLC so i hope there comes a Mode update </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You could offer new modes as DLC, but waiting for games would be horrible. The best option would be to implement new modes into an update, so everyone can play them.

Rodriquezz
11-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rodriquezzz:

so you'll pay hundreds of dollars for a game system, likely $1000 or more for a TV, $60 for a game, but you won't spend $10 on new content? yeah that makes sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope i won't, because i'm not a dumb consumer sheep who falls for this obvious milking strategy. They produce halfhearted crap and the people buy it like crazy.

Irbywon
11-22-2010, 09:50 PM
The Roman Colosseum.
That would be cool to play in.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 09:52 PM
If they add new maps/modes, just make sure they do so in a way that doesn't screw matchmaking.

Preferably by giving them free to all players.

And charging for DLC characters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AK.Knastcore
11-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Ofcourse many other games have "pay MAps" but for example Kane and Lynch 2 it destroyed the little community so it was much harder to find a game, i mean you found one but 95% of the time it was an old map - so the AC community is bigger yes but i think they should watch the player nummbers for a few weeks befor they decide to make this step, mostly just around 65% buy a DLC exept GoW(they released the nummber and it was around90% this was some kind of record in that time) also adding achievements/Tropys to the dlc wont be wrong its a buy reason for around 10%, donīt know why Ubisoft this never did for AC series

If you have to pay for GAme modes and MAps it split the Communiti maybe not much but i think every Player counts so mybe the AC:B community is big enough to survive such splits but over all, give every one the chance to play with every else.
characters as an Pay DLC whould be great i mean 17 are much but more are allways great, and there all looking awsome! so gimme som mo http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I mean the 15th century have so many more they could use maybe some Arabic styled guy or even som African like the one of the Lineage Movie (you know the kind of Bodyguard in the church with this strange spear weapon) i think they dont have to stick komplete in the middle Europe theme even when itīs the main theme of Brotherhood

DARTH_W00KIE
11-23-2010, 04:18 AM
I want a bigger variety of game types. Maybe someone should start-up a suggestion thread for those?

MR-SMITH1994
11-23-2010, 05:01 AM
i would say new characters and new game modes

Broshimitsu
11-23-2010, 06:54 AM
I want to see the "Hunter" mode that was on the AC Wiki. There should definitley be some mode with one assassin vs a number of guards. Stealth would be key.

I'd also like to see some of the cities from Assassins Creed. Jeruselum or Acre. The city that had the kind of green tint.

MrLaneFox
11-23-2010, 06:56 AM
more game types results in the same number of users being spread across more space, which will mean longer load times because not as many players are playing in the particular game mode you are seeking in.

dont be so quick to stab UBI for only 4 modes, theres good reason behind it.

MR-SMITH1994
11-23-2010, 09:06 AM
yes i asked gabe about hunter mode but he said nothing to me

luth411
11-23-2010, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by Rodriquezz:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by postwick:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rodriquezzz:

Sorry to break it to you. If you own the equipment necessary to enjoy this game experience...you are a consumer sheep. It's ok! We all are to some extent. It's just the era we live in.

so you'll pay hundreds of dollars for a game system, likely $1000 or more for a TV, $60 for a game, but you won't spend $10 on new content? yeah that makes sense. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nope i won't, because i'm not a dumb consumer sheep who falls for this obvious milking strategy. They produce halfhearted crap and the people buy it like crazy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>