PDA

View Full Version : IL2fb.exe process still running after exit

CubanoSalsero
09-24-2007, 03:59 AM
Hey all,

Just got IL-2 1946 and have been getting up to speed with it (haven't sim'd since the Aces over the Pacific days - man that's 15 years!). But got the itch in these old bones again.

I purchased the direct2drive digital download version which comes prepatched to 4.08m.

Anyhoo, the game seems to run just fine with max setting and all but after I quit, I always have to manually kill the IL2fb.exe process (with 150MB of mem allocated no less).

I've made some tweaks to the conf.ini to run in widescreen and to push the eyecandy up a bit. I suppose that could be it. If someone suspects that's the case, I'll post the guts of the file if it will help to diagnose the problem.

Here are the specs for my rig:

CPU: Intel Q6600 Quad-Core
RAM: 4Gig Corsair Ballistix PC2-8500
Video: 2x EVGA Geforce 8800 Ultra SC cards (latest nvidia drivers - 162.71, not running in SLI mode for the game as of yet)
MB: ASUS Striker Extreme
Sound: Creative X-Fi Platinum
HD's: 2x Maxtor STM3320620AS SATA-2 (2x300GB)
Disp 1: BENQ FP241VW (24" WideScreen LCD)
Disp 2: Cornerstone P1700 (21" CRT)
Case: Antec P190 w/ 550W+650W PS's
CPU Cooling: Thermalright Ultra-120 + Scythe S-FLEX 120mm Fan

Thanks a bunch, and I look forward to seeing you all on my six.

steve_v
09-24-2007, 01:56 PM
from the direct2drive site:

If you have any questions about your purchase of the IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 download, our support staff is always here to answer your questions!
This should be your first best option.

Zeus-cat
09-24-2007, 04:01 PM
The game takes some time to "quit" on my machine. My PC runs very slowly for 30-40 seconds after quitting the game, but eventually it gets back to normal.

CubanoSalsero
09-25-2007, 03:43 AM
Right, for your amusement, what D2D had to say is at the bottom of this post but basically they had an automated message to the effect of: "We just sell'm, we don't fix'm".

Which is what i figured they'd say, but it was a thought steve_v.

Zeus-Cat, i'd be happy if it just took a while to release the resource but it never releases them. I'm a bit stumped. BTW, i'm gonna download your campaigns, they seem like they'll be perfect for me to ramp up with.

So, here's what I've tried so far, unsuccessfully:
- Uninstalled and reinstalled the game
- Ran the game in the absolute lowest settings with all video and audio accelaration disabled
- ensured that the executable is set to single cpu-core affinity

I suppose the next thing to try is to roll back to a previos version of the nvidia drivers.

Any other thoughts?

-----------------

Thank you for contacting Direct2Drive support!

Based on the subject of your request, we'd like to offer the following information:

If you have already been through the game activation screen then your service with Direct2Drive has concluded.

The issue you are describing may be a need for expert game support. Direct2Drive is a retailer of games and does not provide technical support to the game itself. Those experts are the game maker.

We are happy to provide support to your game up to the game launch. Once the activation process has succeeded, Direct2Drive is no longer involved. Please visit the website of the game maker for accurate assistance in running the game.

The support link is usually included in the Start menu for your game or the email receipt we sent when you downloaded your game.

We also include some "Known Issues" in our Game Specific FAQs area on Support Center. Please read this section for any known technical tips for your game.
http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/default.asp...edge&questionID=1396 (http://support.direct2drive.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=3091&task=knowledge&questionID=1396)

Please note that all MMO games are non-refundable on Direct2Drive.

We appreciate that you will want Direct2Drive to resolve this issue however the true experts are those that made your game. We will do our utmost to ensure you are helped.

IF THESE TIPS WERE NOT HELPFUL, PLEASE UPDATE YOUR TICKET AT HTTP://SUPPORT.DIRECT2DRIVE.COM BY CLICKING ON THE MY SUPPORT TAB AND PROVIDE ADDITIONAL INFO ON THIS TICKET.

WE WILL NOT REPLY FURTHER TO THIS TICKET UNLESS YOU UPDATE YOUR TICKET REQUESTING MORE HELP.

Thank you !