PDA

View Full Version : low cost cpu run it ?

wolf_288
06-09-2011, 05:52 AM
Hi
can this low cost cpu (AMD Athlon II X4 640)run cliffs of dover without problem ?

KingDaniel0
06-09-2011, 06:41 AM
Originally posted by wolf_288:
Hi
can this low cost cpu (AMD Athlon II X4 640)run cliffs of dover without problem ?

Yes, I think the above CPU should run the game. If I'm not mistaken, this is a good Quad-Core Processor, having a Clock frequency of 3.0 GHz.

This is what is listed under the IL2:Cliffs of Dover system requirements, so I think you should be fine with this CPU:

PROCESSOR: Pentium® Dual-Core 2.0GHz or Athlon™ X2 3800+ (Intel Core i5 2.66GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 2.6GHz recommended)

Btw, what are your other PC specs ? Which Video Card/GPU do you have ? Because the performance of the game will also depend on your other PC components like RAM, GPU, OS etc. ? Are you using Windows 7 OS or Vista/XP ?

----------------------------------------------------------------

rjb1fgc
06-09-2011, 10:36 PM
You should be fine with that ( see my comments at http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...3110283/m/5971062929 (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/5971062929) )
Before you load/install it make sure you have a good driver for your video card installed ( search around here or in Community Help for suggestions ) , then use a "system optimizer" like CCleaner ( it's free for home use ), then Defrag, then install and let Steam update to the latest patch, Defrag AGAIN "before" you launch the program for the 1st time.
There are a LOT of things that "need optimized" in it. If you are easily frustrated and have IL2-1946 installed or available, I'd suggest you stick with that till Fall and "join a Squad" for on-line play and training if you don't already belong to one. There are SEVERAL that have lots of "old-timers" available who will help with "training missions" and that will REALLY cut down on the learning curve when you finally do try-out CLoD ( if you don't mind learning from a bunch of Old Folks - though in the Squad Training they've been thru it all and are both patient - if you will try to be too - and experienced ).