PDA

View Full Version : Does Beufighter rear gunner pos work in PB?

tristan512
02-02-2005, 10:07 PM
How can you change to the rear gunner position in Beufighter for Pcific Fighters. When I hit C key or user definerd Alt 1-6 I have defined I can never change from the Pilot seat to any other in a Beufighter even though there is a rear gunner in this plane?

cwojackson
02-02-2005, 10:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tristan512:
How can you change to the rear gunner position in Beufighter for Pcific Fighters. When I hit C key or user definerd Alt 1-6 I have defined I can never change from the Pilot seat to any other in a Beufighter even though there is a rear gunner in this plane? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>He's just along for the ride.

JunkoIfurita
02-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Yah the rear gunner isn't actually a gunner, as far as I can tell. Some models of beaufighters had a small top turret, but the main reason the turret was there was because the engines right outside the cockpit block the entirety of the pilots rear and rear peripheral view. In a combat situation, the guy at the back is shouting 'break left, dive, dive dive'. And then the beaufighter died.

I like flying beaus in PF, but the simple fact was that they were poorly engineered deathtraps. My grandads father was an engineer responsible for the Australian adaptation, and he said the plane was such a poor design that the only reason we used them at all was because we had nothing else for the purpose

Troll2k
02-03-2005, 03:04 AM
In the plane variant that we have in the game the guy in the back is just an observer.

In the original Pf you could transfer to his position to get a rear view of your situation.I am not sure how it is with the patch.

Yimmy
02-03-2005, 08:10 AM
Well I wish they would make it so that in the next patch you can switch to the observer... as is you really do have no rear-vision.

e2michaelb
02-03-2005, 08:34 PM
If you don't mind some borderline cheating, just use the F3 key for a panoramic view of your four-through-eight. I have even bound that view to one of my hat keys for quick & easy checking. I figure it is either this, or go Arcade http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif