PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Creed III

Omega7009
06-03-2009, 11:17 AM
In what age do you think Assassins Creed III will be in? I know that Assassins Creed II hasn't come out yet but I am curious.

We know that the Assassins Creed games will be in ages of importance to history like the Third Crusade or the Italian Renaissance so when will the next be? Personally the most important time in the future will be World War II. But I think the most Assassins Creed like theme would be the Victorian times in the 19nth Century, but then you already have guns and stuff so... Another good place with the Assassins Creed Theme would be the Dutch Golden Age since it is in a sense apart of the Age of Discovery which was very important, and the fact that alot of technology, science, art and literature came from the Golden Age at that time it fits into the theme. There are guns but the guns aren't fully made yet. Besides roaming around in beautiful Dutch cities with Canals and the interesting architecture and outfits would fit in well as a background. The downpoint is its a lot like Venice though. Post a reply for your opinion about this please.

Astalano
06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Sometime during the Industrial revolution. London or America.

OniLinkSword
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
American Revolution. That's my vote.

mboltevski
06-03-2009, 11:27 AM
Or maybe present day.

Rumble5
06-03-2009, 11:31 AM
Why not in Egypt? With all the sand and pyramids. Plus it's a country involved in the fourth crusade if I remember good.

ElusiveTramp
06-03-2009, 11:33 AM
I was a little worried about AC2 when I found out it was set in the Italian Renaissance, mainly due to the fact I though the devs would make it appear too 'artsy' but after seeing the trailers and gameplay videos I'm really anticipating this game now.

That said, after discovering the setting I then wondered what AC3 would be, and I like the idea of very early 19th Century Paris.

Small backalleys, tall buildings, famous landmarks, classic backgrounds. Sure a musketball isn't the easiest thing to do but it could be done I'm sure I mean the reload time of one to a trained soldier was about 30 seconds. And maybe our Assassin could be a technophobe and still prefer his hidden blade?

Omega7009
06-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by Rumble5:
Why not in Egypt? With all the sand and pyramids. Plus it's a country involved in the fourth crusade if I remember good.

I don't think thats going to happen since were already past that time =/

FifthGeneration
06-03-2009, 12:25 PM
london early 1900s...

you play as mary poppins, the assassin's have perfected da vincis flying machine into an umbrella
it fits perfectly

Seriously though, WW2 or present day i think are great canidates for AC3

caswallawn_2k7
06-03-2009, 12:34 PM
lol AC1 comes out every1 ask's for AC2, AC2 shows at E3 and hasnt even released and your asking about AC3. there is a chance the devs still havnt even decided were or when AC3 will be set, but my bet is it would have alot more done in the real world (america 2012) and bit's done the animus that coule be done in any country and any date between AC2 and 2012, hell they could even choose to go even further back.

moqqy
06-03-2009, 12:49 PM
American Revolution, definitely. All the rumors about Washington being a Freemason and the Freemason symbols in the dollar et cetera... plus guns would still be pretty bad and inaccurate and slow to reload.

FifthGeneration
06-03-2009, 12:51 PM
i was thinking though that with a 300 year jump from the AC1 to AC2 that AC3 would then be around 1700s-1800s... any intersting events happen in that time frame?

EDIT: ah moqqy has a point !!!!!!!!!!!

caswallawn_2k7
06-03-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by FifthGeneration:
i was thinking though that with a 300 year jump from the AC1 to AC2 that AC3 would then be around 1700s-1800s... any intersting events happen in that time frame?

EDIT: ah moqqy has a point !!!!!!!!!!!
if you dont know what big things happend between 1700 and 1800 I realy I hope your not an american, or you fill the steriotype the rest of the world has for americans.

FifthGeneration
06-03-2009, 01:10 PM
i was thinking out side of the USA like middle east or asia... i find games that take place in foriegn countries more exciting...

and yes i am american thank you come again http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

caswallawn_2k7
06-03-2009, 01:19 PM
the modern part of the game is set in america so working on that theory the next game will be either western europe (france, Germany, UK or simliar) or america as they seem to be moving towards america to get the info they want.

from wikipedia so probly not the best of info

During the 18th century, the Enlightenment culminated in the French and American revolutions. Philosophy and science increased in prominence. Philosophers were dreaming about a better age without the christian fundamentalism of earlier centuries. This dream turned into a nightmare during the terror of Maximlien de Robespierre in the early 1790s. At first, the monarchies of Europe embraced enlightenment ideals, but with the French revolution, they were on the side of the counterrevolution.

Great Britain became a major power worldwide with the defeat of France in the Americas in the 1760s and the conquest of large parts of India. However, Britain lost the USA after the American revolution. The industrial revolution started in Britain. Despite its modest beginnings in the 18th century, it would radically change human society and the geology of the surface of the earth.

spazzoo1025
06-03-2009, 01:30 PM
I'm basing my assumption on the guess that the devs will want to cover the whole world with these games. The Middle East and Europe have already been done in AC 1 and 2, so the next thing would be either Asia (Edo Period Japan?) or the New World (the Americas, American Revolution?)

sensationikke
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by mboltevski:
Or maybe present day.

Yeah, why not!!

Grandmaster_Z
06-03-2009, 01:35 PM
back to the middle east would be awesome.

caswallawn_2k7
06-03-2009, 01:38 PM
Spaz from the first you have to asume they are tracking the artifact's so judging by AC2 the artifacts may have moved west so they will follow them west, since the person before desmond has done asia it makes it look more like (including AC1 and AC2 locations) that they are moving west.

pop_sot
06-03-2009, 02:15 PM
In 2020 AC 3 should come out, Because I just saw that Re 6 will come out in 2017 so Go ahead Ubi Beat them http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

breakdown89
06-03-2009, 08:07 PM
when you really think about it though, AC3 could take place before the events of AC1 and yet at the same still be a sequel by continuing on from where desmond leaves off of on this one.

MrMoo333
06-03-2009, 09:38 PM
When I heard that AC2 was in Italy I was suprized because at the end of AC1 I spent a LOT of time researching all of the codes left by Subject Sixteen, and they hinted at about 3 locations for another piece of eden, none of which where Venice. On a section of the floor it ways "Yonaguni" which is the farthest west island of Japan, which supposedly used to be home to a very advanced and ancient civilization, who ended much like the fabled Atlantis. There are still submerged ruins of buildings that predate any other buildings in the world.
Also it talks about Emperor Jiajing, who was the 11th Emperor of the Ming in China dynasty in 1521 to 1567. " Within Emperor Jiajing's sin and Quetzcoaltz's hunger lies the Answers." Jiajing was a cruel Emperor who was almost assassinated, but the attempt failed which I was sure would be much like the beginning of AC1 when Altair fails to kill Robert de Sable. And Quetzcoatl is the the Aztec sun god and creator of the sky and everything, and Jiajing constructed the Temple of the Sun in China which is an obvious connection because "Quetzcoaltz's hunger" is refering to sacrifices made to him.
And the last possibility that I found was in relation to the 3 pictures of animals, the monkey, the spider and the hummingbird. Which are exactly the same as the 'Nazca lines' in Peru which is a series of lines that only take shape when looking from above like god or an Abstergo satellite.
So I don't know where the 3rd game will be but I thought AC2 was going to be in either Japan, China or Peru which either would have been fantastic, and with that said Venice Italy is still looking fantastic anyway.

Outlaw-BHA
06-03-2009, 10:31 PM
honestly i dont think AC3 will go into the Animus much AT ALL mostly because of two interviews that gave away a couple hints, the first being with Sebastien Puel(SP) where he leaked that Desmond will be working with the assassins and not captured by abstergo. and the second was from E3 where a producer flat out said that Desmond will be doing much more than walking in AC2. So i think AC2 will be the last time we use the animus and AC3 will deal entirely with Desmonds fight against Abstergo

SpyderNynja
06-03-2009, 11:01 PM
It would be awfully nice to see one in Japan (NINJAS!)

but I think Outlaw's got it, it would probably revolve around Desmond. The question is, would the change in technology screw the gameplay if that were the case? I don't like the idea of Assassin's Creed with semi-automatic weapons http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

OniLinkSword
06-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Outlaw-BHA:
honestly i dont think AC3 will go into the Animus much AT ALL mostly because of two interviews that gave away a couple hints, the first being with Sebastien Puel(SP) where he leaked that Desmond will be working with the assassins and not captured by abstergo. and the second was from E3 where a producer flat out said that Desmond will be doing much more than walking in AC2. So i think AC2 will be the last time we use the animus and AC3 will deal entirely with Desmonds fight against Abstergo I somehow doubt that it wont be used at all. We never know though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

UchihaKarasu
06-04-2009, 12:09 AM
Well, the thing was that those were subject 16's ancestors. Most likely, Desmond is not from that same family line.
I'm glad they went to the Italian Renaissance, though Japan would be sick

Randy 355
06-04-2009, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Outlaw-BHA:
honestly i dont think AC3 will go into the Animus much AT ALL mostly because of two interviews that gave away a couple hints, the first being with Sebastien Puel(SP) where he leaked that Desmond will be working with the assassins and not captured by abstergo. and the second was from E3 where a producer flat out said that Desmond will be doing much more than walking in AC2. So i think AC2 will be the last time we use the animus and AC3 will deal entirely with Desmonds fight against Abstergo

I don't believe we will ever leave the Animus. Have you ever seen the short comic released around AC? If not here it is:
http://news.filefront.com/assa...veals-plot-spoilers/ (http://news.filefront.com/assassins-creed-comic-reveals-plot-spoilers/)

It appears after he escapes, he returns to Abstergo to use the Animus. Whether this correlates to just AC2 or both AC2 and AC3, it means he needs it.

That, and the whole idea of the Assassin's Creed series was to play as a badass in past times. That is why it was so appealing. So I'm confident we will be in the Animus, just there may be more Desmond than what we saw in AC1.

UchihaKarasu
06-04-2009, 12:24 AM
Desmond never escaped. ( I own the comic) He was trying to get away when he came across the Animus, he touched it and apparently activated it.

Randy 355
06-04-2009, 01:09 AM
Oh I see then. Well, my second point still stands.

Just two questions, was he seeing the Altair memories in that comic? Cause if that was his first time, he wouldn't have processed it so well, like at the very beginning of AC1. That, and why is he sneaking around like that? I thought he was all about being a bartender, and not an assassin. At least not then...

It's probably not entirely accurate, I'm just curious.

dtisalive
06-04-2009, 01:11 AM
Anyone remembers all those "French Revolution rumors" for AC2? It is indeed a possibility. Another might be Japan - Yonaguni. While AC was expected to be a trilogy, I think Ubi can also make it a 5-part series - this was yet another rumor(One that I really hope to see become true).

If the series really IS 5 parts(or more, hopefully http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif), I would really want one part to be set in India, before the first game i.e. 9th or 10th century. 5 parts seems likely to me because someone for Ubi had stated in an interview that Altair is only someone in the middle of events, and they'll focus on events in both the past and future of 1191. Cool!

Also, just to let you guys know, the development of ACIII must have already begun. Not really game development, but setting, script, plot, ideas, etc.

Edit - @Croson-5 - Desmond WAS an assassin, but later became a bartender. It was revealed during the first game, during a conversation with the doctor(the very first cutscene, actually).

FROGGEman2
06-04-2009, 01:22 AM
It was hinted that it would be set before the other two games, so my guess is Rome. Beginning of Christianity, lots of awesome targets to assassinate... it's perfect!

OniLinkSword
06-04-2009, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by dtisalive:
Edit - @Croson-5 - Desmond WAS an assassin, but later became a bartender. It was revealed during the first game, during a conversation with the doctor(the very first cutscene, actually). Well, he was on the assassin "farm." He said that he was an "assassin" but it was clear that he didn't kill anyone. At least, that's what he said. He may be acting dumb and is doing everything on purpose. O_o

idiot_finland
06-04-2009, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by FROGGEman2:
It was hinted that it would be set before the other two games, so my guess is Rome. Beginning of Christianity, lots of awesome targets to assassinate... it's perfect!

If the third game happens before 1191 then I really would like Rome.

But America's revolution or 19th century Paris or Londond would be my favourites if it's happening after Reneissance.

And I really would like this series to five or even more parts, then we could have Asia and maybe even ww2.

FifthGeneration
06-04-2009, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by DeusEx89:
when you really think about it though, AC3 could take place before the events of AC1 and yet at the same still be a sequel by continuing on from where desmond leaves off of on this one.

they wouuldnt do that though bc they are trying to find where the artifacts are and therefore want to find the latest location of them so they would want to get as recenlty as possible

Grandmaster_Z
06-04-2009, 10:38 AM
alot of people are saying "american revolution", but where would you climb? There weren't really any tall buildings back then until the industrial revolution, or am i incorrect?

moqqy
06-04-2009, 10:43 AM
http://www.blog4history.com/wp...7/bostonmassacre.jpg (http://www.blog4history.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/bostonmassacre.jpg)

http://www.archives.gov/resear...utionary-war-023.jpg (http://www.archives.gov/research/american-revolution/pictures/images/revolutionary-war-023.jpg)

Those are more than tall enough, and that's just one part of one city

Grandmaster_Z
06-04-2009, 10:51 AM
cool, i don't know crap about american history.

im obsessed with world history though.

breakdown89
06-04-2009, 10:47 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeusEx89:

they wouuldnt do that though bc they are trying to find where the artifacts are and therefore want to find the latest location of them so they would want to get as recenlty as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you also need to take into account that mabye desmond never had an ancestor after ezio that wanted anything to do with the assassin's so, yeah....

Kaxen6
06-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by DeusEx89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FifthGeneration:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DeusEx89:

they wouuldnt do that though bc they are trying to find where the artifacts are and therefore want to find the latest location of them so they would want to get as recenlty as possible </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

yeah but you also need to take into account that mabye desmond never had an ancestor after ezio that wanted anything to do with the assassin's so, yeah.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's impossible. Someone would have to carry on the lineage so Desmond would have Ezio's DNA.

bokeef04
06-05-2009, 12:25 AM
he never said he had no ancestors after Ezio, just that none of them wanted anything to do with the assassins

one could have even been a templar for all we know

Kaxen6
06-05-2009, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by bokeef04:
he never said he had no ancestors after Ezio, just that none of them wanted anything to do with the assassins

one could have even been a templar for all we know

Still highly unlikely.

breakdown89
06-05-2009, 10:05 AM
well what's actually highly unlikely is that any ancestor after ezio would join with the templars, so that's outta the picture. so mabye this new ancestor was just like a regular guy, not wanting to be an assassin, till desmond came along.

obliviondoll
06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
Maybe they'll throw us a real curve and have Desmond reliving his own parent's actions in the modern world?

Or give access to several Ancestors in different times/places, and some freedom to choose between them. I think there's going to be more clues about the direction by the end of AC2.

Honestly, s much as I was hoping otherwise AC2 was confirmed Venice, I hope they don't do Japan as part of the main trilogy. I want THAT to be part of a spin-off series following subject 16, and they could tell the stories of some of the other previous subjects in later spin-offs too.

They could have the real-world periods for the earlier subjects filled with distorted imagery and obvious signs that the character is turning insane, and possibly delusional.

Wildest_Dream66
06-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Maby in the time of the barock?? or japans. but i hope it will not be in de the modern world

Omega7009
06-05-2009, 11:13 AM
Why is everybody saying American Revolution? As far as I know this would be the worst time to do Assassins Creed, no new technology, no good storyline, I mean jumping around as a freaking American avoiding British would kill Assassin's Creed and the whole city idea would be killed since in that time MOST Americans did not live in cities and with guns and Assassins Assassins would go byebye. One of the reasons Asssassins Creed was so cool was because it was playing as a bad *** in the past not a bad *** in the US and A. Siriously American Revolution would SUCK!

UchihaKarasu
06-05-2009, 11:16 AM
Yeah, I hope it's not the American Revolution.
Sorry, but US history is very boring to me.
I hope it's the French Revolution, something in the Victorian era or something having to do with Japan

marzipanbomber
06-05-2009, 12:00 PM
I think the French revolution would really be the best solution. Patrick Desilets already said that it is a great idea, they just already made their decision to take Italy in the Renaissance for ACII before these rumours came up. On top of that, in case they pick the French revolution next, it would fit perfectly cause then we'd have 300 years between each Assassin's Creed.
1191 -> 1476 -> 1789.
I'd love to see Desmonds third ancestor Jean-Claude hopping over the roofs of Paris, slicing off Louis XVI's head http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

breakdown89
06-05-2009, 12:06 PM
i am ze assassin.....we! lol

DiDoFRGT10
06-05-2009, 05:58 PM
Call me crazy, but I wish that AC to be a triology, and for AC III to be in the game's present time, with Desmond as the only playable character and that they give us an awesome finale.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I just don't want it to be milked and we end up hating it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

the amolang
06-05-2009, 06:03 PM
i am going to have to play ac2 first and then see what feels like a good place to go next.

Kaxen6
06-05-2009, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by DiDoFRGT10:
Call me crazy, but I wish that AC to be a triology, and for AC III to be in the game's present time, with Desmond as the only playable character and that they give us an awesome finale.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif I just don't want it to be milked and we end up hating it http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

Yes... milking is bad...

godsmack_darius
06-05-2009, 10:38 PM
What about Nazca Peru, The nazca lines could play an amazing role along with the crystal skulls, they could be used as one of the artifacts Abstergo are looking for

nightpriestess
06-05-2009, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by DiDoFRGT10:

I agree with you, while it is fun playing in the past, I personally find the current events that occurred in the first game much more interesting than anything from the animus. Hell, the actual storyline is what's happening in the present. I wouldn't mind a little bit of flash backs but not nearly the whole game. I want to play as Desmond dammit! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif And yes milking the franchise would be bad too. Didn't they confirm somewhere that there would only be three?

King32Godfather
06-05-2009, 11:28 PM
well Patrice did say in one of his interviews that Desmond would be a more playable character in AC2..So this could be the start of things to come in AC3.
But honestly its anyone's guess, i mean the franchise might not even stop at three (heres hoping) But yeah French revolution, American Revolution, Industrial revolution's, American Civil War, Asia somewhere or present day Desmond
Take your pick! But personally it doesn't really matter to me as long as its good.

HK-42
06-06-2009, 02:01 AM
Most of you are saying events after The Crusuade, remember this is the animus, so it can go ANYWHERE in the past. And those saying they want Altair, and those replying: He would be too old, again it is the animus, It can go ANYWHERE in the past.

Yes, I would like the American Revelation, but I think it might be too gun focused, same with a modern AC.

Omega7009
06-06-2009, 03:10 AM
Originally posted by King32Godfather:
well Patrice did say in one of his interviews that Desmond would be a more playable character in AC2..So this could be the start of things to come in AC3.
But honestly its anyone's guess, i mean the franchise might not even stop at three (heres hoping) But yeah French revolution, American Revolution, Industrial revolution's, American Civil War, Asia somewhere or present day Desmond
Take your pick! But personally it doesn't really matter to me as long as its good.

NO AMERICA!!! Lol :P

Omega7009
06-06-2009, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Kaxen6:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DiDoFRGT10:

Indeed, Halo is getting milked right now. First there would only be a trilogy Halo, Halo 2, Halo 3 now there's Halo: Wars, Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach and their going to make a movie. Milking kind of ruined it lol.

Yes... milking is bad... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DearDirty
06-06-2009, 03:27 AM
Modern day (in-game). Has much potential to be a masterful game.

Raide
06-06-2009, 05:07 AM
A whole game based around modern settings? Part of the fun of Assassin's Creed is being in a time where assassination plots are rife. There is no real way you could make an entire Assassin's Creed game based around modern day because it would be more about shooting someone with a sniper rifle as opposed to hidden blades.

There are also a good few games with Parkour that are in a modern setting, so going that route may look like the Developers are trying to copy. We want Assassin's Creed to have fantastic settings that not everyone knows about.

FatRascal
06-06-2009, 06:13 AM
Please! No Ninjas!

There are loads of games about Ninjas and Samurai. Ubisoft themselves even make the Tenchu games, so they're not going to cross over their two franchises, surely.

Modern would be good for AC3 but as some people have said, difficult to pull off convincingly in an age of automatic weapons etc (although see how you could do stealthy kills in the Hitman games).

What about a sort of late 19th century USA - Think "Gangs of New York" aesthetics. It would also perhaps explain (assuming that Desmond in the first game was in America) how his family, descendants of Altair (and Ezio?) came to the country from Europe.

Sep.

OniLinkSword
06-06-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by Omega7009:
Why is everybody saying American Revolution? As far as I know this would be the worst time to do Assassins Creed, no new technology, no good storyline, I mean jumping around as a freaking American avoiding British would kill Assassin's Creed and the whole city idea would be killed since in that time MOST Americans did not live in cities and with guns and Assassins Assassins would go byebye. One of the reasons Asssassins Creed was so cool was because it was playing as a bad *** in the past not a bad *** in the US and A. Siriously American Revolution would SUCK!

Wow, you don't know anything about American history. Don't worry, a lot of people don't.

There are TONS of new inventions. If you know what the founding fathers did, you would know that there's a lot of stealthy stuff that happened. It doesn't all have to be IN America. Going abroad was a big part of the revolution. Guns were very inaccurate and required a reload after one shot, so not that big of a deal. The past is the past, and there were some badasses in America at the time.

So, before saying that the idea would "suck," please do some research.

On that, I personally have no idea what they will go with in the end. I just think the American Rev isn't a bad time period to go with.

revoltingbunny
06-06-2009, 08:07 AM
What makes you so sure that there were templars in Japan or America at the time? Maybe they were just in Europe... MAYBE. Seeing that the game is based on templars and assassins.

xSpottyZebrax
06-06-2009, 08:35 AM
I hope AC3 will be set in the French Revolution i think it would be a really good setting after Italy. I'd be happy with Desmond having much more of a role in AC3 as long as it doesn't turn into a FPS which i personally think would spoil it.

Skaevola
06-06-2009, 03:49 PM
Before AC1 came out, Ubisoft said their plan was to have one full game devoted to just Desmond. Since AC2 is about Rennaissance Italy and there will only be three games, looks like AC3 will be in modern times.

OniLinkSword
06-06-2009, 06:19 PM
What about AC4? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

FableB
06-06-2009, 06:56 PM
It will be set in the Stone Age and you will have the choice of using your switch-rock or stinky armpits...

nightpriestess
06-06-2009, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by Raide:
A whole game based around modern settings? Part of the fun of Assassin's Creed is being in a time where assassination plots are rife. There is no real way you could make an entire Assassin's Creed game based around modern day because it would be more about shooting someone with a sniper rifle as opposed to hidden blades.

There are also a good few games with Parkour that are in a modern setting, so going that route may look like the Developers are trying to copy. We want Assassin's Creed to have fantastic settings that not everyone knows about.

That is a good point and I was thinking about that too. I think that if they do decide to go for a modern setting for the third game, it could be in another country? Like somewhere in Europe or other countries that have very old cities (that still exist). That way, there would be a fusion of old architecture and new ones. Now the combat might prove challenging to make unique then.

Or the third one can be modern setting but they could be out in ruins or catacombs under cities to try and find/destroy remaining artifacts? Not sure if making it more like Tomb Raider would be a very good thing. The "assassin" part of it would be lost. Unless we go around killing competitors, who are Templar, to get those artifacts.

Bah, just throwing my ideas out there, sorry if some of it didn't make sense!

Losk_
06-07-2009, 12:52 PM
I highly doubt they would drop the Animus, based on the developer comments, not to mention that it's at the very core of the game.

It's possible they will go further back in AC3. I think there is a good chance that Abstergo will locate a new piece of eden in AC2.

AC3 could be about the assassin's capturing the (or an) Animus machine and using it to locate an artifact to counter the Templars.

If that is the case they could go to any time or any location, even times before the Templars and Assassins were formed, to locate an artifact that may be entirely unknown to the Templars.

That said, I suspect they will continue advancing through time each game. I just wanted to make the point that if they wanted to it could be taken in just about any direction.

Omega7009
06-07-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
Wow, you don't know anything about American history. Don't worry, a lot of people don't.

There are TONS of new inventions. If you know what the founding fathers did, you would know that there's a lot of stealthy stuff that happened. It doesn't all have to be IN America. Going abroad was a big part of the revolution. Guns were very inaccurate and required a reload after one shot, so not that big of a deal. The past is the past, and there were some badasses in America at the time.

On that, I personally have no idea what they will go with in the end. I just think the American Rev isn't a bad time period to go with.

Tons of new inventions my ***, nothing significent at that time. And are you serious you bring up that George Washington ****? Guns indeed were very inaccurate but a well hit bullet would still be fatal and 10 british soldiers and a fat American running at them doing the epic Eagle's dive than crashing becuase hes so fat haha. Look not everybody is from the United States, American's often have problems understanding that not the whole world is based on America. Besides, siriously an American rebel running through British occupied American cities and then outside the countryside you can go out and visit Canada or Yellowstone! Hah, don't make me laugh. American Revolution is too recent to make a good historical game.

moqqy
06-07-2009, 01:44 PM
That was a very good post, Omega. Well argued. I've got your back, bruv!

Skaevola
06-07-2009, 03:38 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OniLinkSword:

Tons of new inventions my ***, nothing significent at that time. And are you serious you bring up that George Washington ****? Guns indeed were very inaccurate but a well hit bullet would still be fatal and 10 british soldiers and a fat American running at them doing the epic Eagle's dive than crashing becuase hes so fat haha. Look not everybody is from the United States, American's often have problems understanding that not the whole world is based on America. Besides, siriously an American rebel running through British occupied American cities and then outside the countryside you can go out and visit Canada or Yellowstone! Hah, don't make me laugh. American Revolution is too recent to make a good historical game. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Of course not everyone lives in America. We know that. But Desmond does. That means that, at some point, the Assassins moved over to America. Moving closer to the present in Desmond's ancestors means moving to America. And moving closer to the present may not be a good idea, but don't rule it out just because you don't want the game to take place in America. It's a logical location.

revoltingbunny
06-07-2009, 03:59 PM
I don't really think that the American revolution is a logical idea... sure moving closer and all that... but they wouldn't move to America that soon. Maybe Templars and Assassin's weren't there at the moment, think of everything not just the 300 year diffirence and the Westward moving locations.

godsmack_darius
06-07-2009, 07:29 PM
Maybe based in Peru or something, Something to do with the Nazca lines, and crystal skulls, the ones from indiana jones 4
It could be used as an artifact abstergo were looking for
And the american revolution thing, People used guns back then, and their isnt alot of thing based Assassins then

FifthGeneration
06-07-2009, 08:35 PM
knifes and swords would still be very useful in the american revolution due to the repeated fact that the guns took so long to reload. and you wouldnt have to be playing a american assassin... what about a british spy for the americans or vice versa... who said the americans were the good guys anyway?

the only problem that i see with that time period is that free running would be completly shot. I dont think hopping fences is as fun as scaling ancient cities... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

breakdown89
06-07-2009, 09:00 PM
which is why it's probably best to go the WWII route if they do decide to play the next ancestor so many years after ezio. now i'm not hoping that they turn it into "call of duty" by any means, but i think it would be cool to play as an assassin during that time. and who knows, mabye it was an assassin that killed hitler to make it look like he killed himself for whatever twist they come up with.

DevilMC13
06-08-2009, 06:34 AM
Originally posted by huebination:
I think the French revolution would really be the best solution. Patrick Desilets already said that it is a great idea, they just already made their decision to take Italy in the Renaissance for ACII before these rumours came up. On top of that, in case they pick the French revolution next, it would fit perfectly cause then we'd have 300 years between each Assassin's Creed.
1191 -> 1476 -> 1789.
I'd love to see Desmonds third ancestor Jean-Claude hopping over the roofs of Paris, slicing off Louis XVI's head http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

^this

moqqy
06-08-2009, 06:45 AM
knifes and swords would still be very useful in the american revolution due to the repeated fact that the guns took so long to reload. and you wouldnt have to be playing a american assassin... what about a british spy for the americans or vice versa... who said the americans were the good guys anyway?

the only problem that i see with that time period is that free running would be completly shot. I dont think hopping fences is as fun as scaling ancient cities... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Do you think they lived in tents in the cities? Or are you suggesting they slept in.. fences?

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-08-2009, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Raide:
There is no real way you could make an entire Assassin's Creed game based around modern day I think you're just trying to mislead us. :smilie with detective-y magnifying glass, I choose you!:
because it would be more about shooting someone with a sniper rifle as opposed to hidden blades. Ah, c'mon, blades are far from obsolete in today's world.

Plus, an Assassin's Creed sniper assassination might be kinda cool. You never know. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif
There are also a good few games with Parkour that are in a modern setting, so going that route may look like the Developers are trying to copy. Personally I wouldn't say so. Assassin's Creed has a very distinct and clearly original style in my opinion, and as long as you keep that style, you guys can go to whatever time setting you want.
We want Assassin's Creed to have fantastic settings that not everyone knows about. A skyscraper-strewn metropolis in the not-so-distant future could be a fantastic setting that not everybody knows about... yet. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Coolgerb
06-08-2009, 11:30 AM
American Revolution. That's my vote.

That sounds pretty good. Would also explain how the family ended up in America. But then again, were there any noteworthy (and high) buildings to climb on in America in that time?

The French revolution / World War 2 sound pretty decent as well.

But most realistically, Ubisoft has said in the past AC would be a trilogy (not taking the mobile games in account), so it's probably Desmond we get to assassinate with. But I wouldn't mind them making the series longer than a trilogy, of course http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

godsmack_darius
06-08-2009, 09:09 PM
I hoe Assassins creed doesnt end after number 3, It would be cool if it kinda just went on, and whos knows, maybe we could get to play a prologue about subject SIXTEEN

Xanatos2007
06-08-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm at an internet cafe because we STILL don't have the internet at our new house. Why did they have to delay till now? Right during E3?!?!?!?

Anyway, I think the third one will be set during one of the world wars. They're moving forward in time with the franchise and with the introduction of the launchable wristblade firearms should quickly replace melee weapons in Assassin's Creed. Maybe you will still have a hidden blade though, probably made out of a Fabairn Sykes dagger.

Also, I saw a company logo a few days ago that looked almost EXACTLY the same as the new Animus logo. I'll get a pic if I can.

Escalon2009
06-09-2009, 01:52 PM
I hope it's the French Revolution

Bowcaster
06-09-2009, 02:27 PM
I don't know if this was already mentioned (got so bored of people wanting AC3 to be in the US, please ubi, anything but that) but I heard that AC3 might be in feudal japan, based on the writings at the end of the game. Makes sense, there were plenty of warlord and the like back then to assassonate

godsmack_darius
06-09-2009, 02:40 PM
The ancient middle east could be interesting

OniLinkSword
06-09-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
I don't know if this was already mentioned (got so bored of people wanting AC3 to be in the US, please ubi, anything but that) but I heard that AC3 might be in feudal japan, based on the writings at the end of the game. Makes sense, there were plenty of warlord and the like back then to assassonate You see, that's even worse. Japan was isolated for a large period of time disallowing travel to other places. Also, we have too many ninja games. Perhaps a side story, but not AC3.

OniLinkSword
06-09-2009, 06:28 PM
>>Originally posted by OniLinkSword:

Wow, you don't know anything about American history. Don't worry, a lot of people don't.There are TONS of new inventions. If you know what the founding fathers did, you would know that there's a lot of stealthy stuff that happened. It doesn't all have to be IN America. Going abroad was a big part of the revolution. Guns were very inaccurate and required a reload after one shot, so not that big of a deal. The past is the past, and there were some badasses in America at the time.So, before saying that the idea would "suck," please do some research.On that, I personally have no idea what they will go with in the end. I just think the American Rev isn't a bad time period to go with.

>>Originally posted by Omega7009:
Tons of new inventions my ***, nothing significent at that time. And are you serious you bring up that George Washington ****? Guns indeed were very inaccurate but a well hit bullet would still be fatal and 10 british soldiers and a fat American running at them doing the epic Eagle's dive than crashing becuase hes so fat haha. Look not everybody is from the United States, American's often have problems understanding that not the whole world is based on America. Besides, siriously an American rebel running through British occupied American cities and then outside the countryside you can go out and visit Canada or Yellowstone! Hah, don't make me laugh. American Revolution is too recent to make a good historical game.

Response:
I was never saying that everything is based off America. I even said myself that other countries could be included for that time period. Don't make a general statement of a country's people to justify yourself. It's insulting.

Many American's today are fat. It's not funny because major corporations and health insurance companies don't help and make the problem worse. Our history is another thing. I highly doubt that there was such a problem with weight then.

Yes, there were significant inventions / discoveries during that time period. Many from all over the world. Without them, we would not be typing on our computers. Really, look into the history before you talk.

Now please stop insulting people using baseless comebacks. Lets have a discussion on why that time period wouldn't be good instead of falling to "typical American" stereotypes.

bladencrowd
06-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Japan could be a fun place (much better than american revoultin imo). Buildings are climable, differnt gurads, samuria, tons of weapons to choose from...only promblem is, like onilinksword said, is there are too many "ninja games" out already.

bokeef04
06-09-2009, 07:22 PM
Desmond is unlikely to have had an ancestor in Japan, so I dare say Japan is out, I'd hazard a guess that the third will be modern day with Desmond stopping Abstergo

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Lets have a discussion on why that time period wouldn't be good instead of falling to "typical American" stereotypes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif Eh...

That time period in American history was just creepy. The music, the men with the white wigs and awkward clothes, the customs, and everything else surrounding that time period would not only make a bad Assassin's Creed game in my opinion, but also a bad game in general.

I hope it doesn't come past the 1500s, unless it comes all the way to the present. And it definitely shouldn't be set in the United States.

OniLinkSword
06-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by OniLinkSword:
Lets have a discussion on why that time period wouldn't be good instead of falling to "typical American" stereotypes. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif Eh...

That time period in American history was just creepy. The music, the men with the white wigs and awkward clothes, the customs, and everything else surrounding that time period would not only make a bad Assassin's Creed game in my opinion, but also a bad game in general.

I hope it doesn't come past the 1500s, unless it comes all the way to the present. And it definitely shouldn't be set in the United States. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's fair.

I personally found the time period in AC1 very creepy, but that's me. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Bayar201
06-09-2009, 09:38 PM
The Assassin's Creed III should based in Beijing during mid-13th century is when Mongol armies occupied the capital. Altair rides to China to help Chinese. Also should added other cities like Hong Kong, Seoul(Capital of Korea, and etc.
New weapons, tricks, and other stuff should added like drinking water from fountain just like in Prince of Persia.

revoltingbunny
06-09-2009, 10:45 PM
So Altair should be an Assassin at the age of 200? and instead of Altair moving to Italy he moves on to China and his descendants teleport to Italy eh?

Sorry, your idea doesn't make sense.

bokeef04
06-09-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by revoltingbunny:
So Altair should be an Assassin at the age of 200? and instead of Altair moving to Italy he moves on to China and his descendants teleport to Italy eh?

Sorry, your idea doesn't make sense.

Altair wouldn't be 200, the 13th century went from 1201-1300, and AC1 was set in 1191, also Ezio may not be related to Altair at all, meaning where and what Altair does is of no consequence

Bayar201
06-10-2009, 05:02 AM
Mine idea does make sense to all of you.Altair moves to China around beginning of 1200's. So that means his age was around 40's.

godsmack_darius
06-10-2009, 06:35 PM
he would be around mid 30s actually, he is in his twenties in AC1
And it is set in 1191 I think, if not, please correct me

nightpriestess
06-10-2009, 07:00 PM
Sorry but I can't get past the reason WHY Altair would move to China. He's not a merchant and if he didn't want to stay in the Middle East after the first game's events, why travel so far to a random place? Wouldn't it be easier to travel Africa or Europe? Hell Europe makes perfect sense (for obvious reasons), but not CHINA.

Xanatos2007
06-11-2009, 12:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bowcaster77:
I don't know if this was already mentioned (got so bored of people wanting AC3 to be in the US, please ubi, anything but that) but I heard that AC3 might be in feudal japan, based on the writings at the end of the game. Makes sense, there were plenty of warlord and the like back then to assassonate You see, that's even worse. Japan was isolated for a large period of time disallowing travel to other places. Also, we have too many ninja games. Perhaps a side story, but not AC3. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We have too many Ninja games, but none of them have anything to do with Ninjitsu. I've got a good idea for one, need to put it on paper though...

Uraikol
06-11-2009, 05:44 AM
I think it would be sometime between 1780-1850.
It seems like the most reasonable tmeperiod.

the amolang
06-11-2009, 06:07 AM
I think it would be kind of cool if Desmond could become an assassin and go around in the modern day. Because he had used the animus a lot, maybe he could control his ancestors by himself. and so the game would take place between two times. one with desmond and the other being with an ancestor. so there would be a city with desmond and a city with another assassin.

But in a way I don't want assassin's creed to be modern... I like the historical type of ac is. I don't know if the series should go to the future or modern day...

DarkAutocon
06-11-2009, 11:42 AM
i think the french revolution would be good coz who here doesnt what to climb the eiffel tower??? and also i hear the french revolution is when the the ordinary civilians decided to break up with the government and turn france into a uber democracy lololololol

ReyMandez
06-11-2009, 11:55 AM
I know you ppl are saying we have too many "ninja" games, but it does make more sense than any of these other ideas to be in feudal japan.

Honestly, i'm pretty sure most of the third game is going to be out of the animus, seeing that the point is to stop the templars from getting that piece of eden in the Japanese islands. Probably with a little bit in the past in the same area.

OniLinkSword
06-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by ReyMandez:
I know you ppl are saying we have too many "ninja" games, but it does make more sense than any of these other ideas to be in feudal japan.

Honestly, i'm pretty sure most of the third game is going to be out of the animus, seeing that the point is to stop the templars from getting that piece of eden in the Japanese islands. Probably with a little bit in the past in the same area. You would only have access to Japan and any Templar involvement would be illogical. I don't think it would be a bad game in general, but I think it should be a spin off to the main series. Perhaps following subject 16.

Omega7009
06-14-2009, 01:50 PM
Well Japan would be quite good it would have a good historical setting with beautiful scenery. Assassin's could be Ninja's, Samurai as guards, there are enough warlords and rulers to kill at that time and how would you get there so early? In the 16nth Century the Dutch Empire brought European knowledge to Japan (the only country allowed to do so) until about 150 years later. So Templars could come on the Dutch ships to Japan, but as you guys already have said, alot of crappy games are ''ninja'' like, no one has made a good game in the Middle East or Rennausance (XD spelling error) like AC so.. I'm sure Ubisoft could pull of some neat things, besides the Assassins shouldn't have to be in black and throwing knives.

OniLinkSword
06-14-2009, 03:22 PM
Altair was an assassin and had throwing knifes. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/crackwhip.gif

Serbanu
06-14-2009, 04:13 PM
heyyy..it would be great that if will be a game AC3...i think that a good story would be if the game will continue the story of the original AC1..maybe the idea that altair will escape to the lab,run away and return with the assassin's abillities(eagle eye,the knife,etc),to kill the old man(the doctor) will be a succes..peace!

SWJS
06-14-2009, 04:30 PM
As long as ACIII doesn't turn out to be Sam Fisher Assassin with Desmond I don't care when it's set.

jigh23
06-17-2009, 06:25 AM
what about the lost city of atlantis? that was supposed to be really advanced and beautiful so ubisoft could make up heaps of shiit.

DearDirty
06-17-2009, 06:35 AM
There have been a couple possible locations for Atlanis, but its still just a myth or fiction. Plus, it hasn't really changed anything.

Account_Deleted
06-17-2009, 07:21 AM
it could be during the WW's
you could play as a assassin hiding during the war and your hunting down certin people to find infomation or people that wrong you to escape the nation.

Atmon
06-17-2009, 08:03 AM
You guys are really creative people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Xanatos2007
06-17-2009, 11:30 PM
Thanks, they work for me. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

Confusious30
06-18-2009, 02:12 AM
Severan Dynasty! WE NEED THAT IN AC3!

For those unfamiliar, in the movie "Gladiator"; Main bad dude is Commodus, based on the real roman Emperor - he was the last Caesar to rule Rome. He was murdered in the late 190's and around the 200 mark the Severan's took the throne. Severan's ruled for 50 or so years. Lots of chaos and death in Rome at the time. At this time, the Roman empire claimed 80% of Europe.

the_runaway
06-21-2009, 01:46 AM
go back in time,
round 100 b.c., or 1600-1700 with the golden-age in holland. Or the discovery of america.
In the WO2 would also be awesome but we allready have such game: Saboteur. (2009)
There are many cool ages.

UBOSOFT-Gamer
06-21-2009, 09:34 AM
A developer said in an interview AC3 will NOT PLAY before 1191. Everything after that date!

I think WW2 would suck, still more than many ww2 games out there. E.g. Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, Panzer Attack, IL2 Sturmovick... Shooters, Strategie Games, Airplanes, Submarine and even Tanksimulations only WW2!

2 Indiana Jones movies with Nazis involved. For a good reason Indina Jones 4 does not have anything to do with Nazis.

I bet the story with AC3 and Nazis would be like " The Nazis want to controll the mind of the people and gain world domination" or something **** like that. Similar to Indiana Jones.

Not to metnion the automatic guns which could ruin AC3.

Japan could be cool. Or the French Revolution, altough the French got rid of the king, even they had an emperor after the Revolution.

The Industrial Revolution is important, but its about manufacturing machines, so not that assasination thing.

London at the end of the 19th century would be cool

steelcreed
06-21-2009, 09:44 AM
If you want a good third setting, Russia in the 1850s and 60s is a fantastic choice. Turmoil thanks to the Crimean war and Alexander II 's ascension to the throne, a powerful religious influence in the form of the Orthodox Church and two cities to traverse (Saint Petersburg and Moscow.) Plus we get to see what an assassin with a furry hood looks like http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

P.S I believe Alexander was eventually assassinated. Spooky, huh?

bladencrowd
06-21-2009, 10:08 AM
Assassins creed 3 or 4 whatever, should not go before the first game. I doubt any one wants to play with some crappy weapons before Altair's time.

I also agree that assassins creed 3 or 4 should not be a knock off of splinter cell.

obliviondoll
06-21-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Assassins creed 3 or 4 whatever, should not go before the first game. I doubt any one wants to play with some crappy weapons before Altair's time.
The pre-roman Greeks had a nice variety of very effective weapons, and so did the Persians in the same era. Also, when they showed up, the Romans were using some rather impressive seige weaponry a LONG time before the Third Crusade.

Unless you're talking of going Stone Age, which would be getting a little silly. Weaponry became very diverse in form and use during the early stages of the Bronze Age though, so while they were "crappy" in comparison to later weapons, they worked rather well against other weapons of their time, and the people wielding them.

gregt662
09-16-2009, 05:49 AM
well my idea

for AC3 its set in the 16th century during the peak of the ottoman empire(present day turkey)its about desmondís ancestor ďAydin BŲri KartalĒ(Lit. the enlightened wolf eagle) he was part of the ottoman empires secret assassin corps(name pending)and defected due to ďcertain eventsĒ blah blah blah.

i also believe the ancestors shown so far are from desmondís fathers side of the family it would be cool if his mothers(im guessing asian heritage) side of the family were assassins too(in asia)<-for the peeps who want feudal japan.

XD

PlagueDoctor357
09-17-2009, 02:14 AM
As long as Desmond pulls that hood up in a dramatic way, and begins the asskick.

I'll be happy.

Xanatos2007
09-17-2009, 02:31 AM
I've always thought his hood would have an eagle-beak on it like Altair's/Ezio's hoods.

PlagueDoctor357
09-17-2009, 02:36 AM
Me too, maybe they'll fix it and add it.

Then again, he does have a closet with some towels or maybe spare clothes in his "room"

I just hope his hood is tight like Altairs! I dig that hood more than the fat headed one Ezio has, haha.

Xanatos2007
09-17-2009, 02:42 AM
Totally, tight hoods are awesome. Maybe Desmond has something planned with the toilet paper, have you noticed that the rolls of toilet paper disappear over the course of the game? (1 week, 3 rolls, c'mon! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif)

PlagueDoctor357
09-17-2009, 02:44 AM
Well, I don't see a stove.

Maybe they're feeding him nothing but BK and Rotten Ronalds!

That fast food can go through ya! Haha.

terriblemonkey
09-20-2009, 11:36 AM
Why not the Spanish inquisition!!! Because no one would expect that.

but no seriously, so lets just say for conversation that were moving forward in time, AND that the game will take place somewhere not in modern times or after.

From that we can apply what we already know from the first 2 games...

1. Takes place in or around famous cities

2. Is around a time of turmoil but not during a war

3. Has to do with the ancestors of Desmond miles

4. That after AC1 Altair moved to Cyprus (itís in AC bloodlines its cannon) and from the history of Cyprus we can reasonably conclude Ezio's place in Italy.

so from these FACTS we know that his family traveled west by northwest from the holy land, that means the next stop will be further northwest, highly possible is 1700-1900 Europe lots of tension and rise and fall of governmental powers. That includes Spain, France, Germany, England and so on.

Mostly Spain or France though. Possibly England in the 1900s. and just because the enemy has guns donít mean there any good with em. flintlocks are hard to shoot and hard to aim besides thatís why they have bayonets attached to em. cuz wouldnít that be *****en to run up to a pair of armed guards, dodge there first volley and charge in with your hidden blade and skewer the one guy while heís reloading, his buddy tryís to bayonet you instead of reloading and you pull out your rapier and skewer him too. Fun times are had for all.

As for this feudal Japan ninja stuff... im sorry but yeah play tenchu, you can be stealthy and have assassin tools and all that fun stuff, it just doesnít really play into Desmondís story.

As for the American Revolution or civil war. It would either have to be before the wars or after them, but they are fairly straight forward wars, not a bunch of subterfuge or warlords looking for power.

FifthGeneration
09-20-2009, 12:39 PM
What if the end of AC3 was an ancestor of desmond waking up in an animus and he just relived all three AC's?

SBRedFlag
09-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by terribemonkey:

4. That after AC1 Altair moved to Cyprus (itís in AC bloodlines its cannon) and from the history of Cyprus we can reasonably conclude Ezio's place in Italy.

so from these FACTS we know that his family traveled west by northwest from the holy land, that means the next stop will be further northwest, highly possible is 1700-1900 Europe lots of tension and rise and fall of governmental powers. That includes Spain, France, Germany, England and so on.

Mostly Spain or France though. Possibly England in the 1900s.

!. The Crusades were indeed a time of war. A very big war. Not just "turmoil".
2. Just because they moved northwest in no way says anything about having to continue moving northwest. For example, if someone moved from Ireland to America, their grandchildren wouldn't be compelled to move further west to Hawaii or Japan.

I think Russia during the time of the czar would be cool.

thekyle0
09-20-2009, 01:13 PM
Hhhhmmm, Rasputin a templar? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

terriblemonkey
09-20-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by terribemonkey:

2. Just because they moved northwest in no way says anything about having to continue moving northwest. For example, if someone moved from Ireland to America, their grandchildren wouldn't be compelled to move further west to Hawaii or Japan.

I think Russia during the time of the czar would be cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the crusades may have been a time war but did you fight in a big battle during AC1? no, it was just about to happen at the end of the last assassination mission. but there was no open warfare the you could actually be a part of ( i even tried to get em to fight in the overworld, then ended up joining forces agenst me)

as for your second point were is desmond being held? fairly sure there not in japan or russia. as we seem to be moving toward the present in the games...

but then again its all speculation

thekyle0
09-20-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by terriblemonkey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sbredflag:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by terribemonkey:

I think Russia during the time of the czar would be cool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

the crusades may have been a time war but did you fight in a big battle during AC1? no, it was just about to happen at the end of the last assassination mission. but there was no open warfare the you could actually be a part of ( i even tried to get em to fight in the overworld, then ended up joining forces agenst me)

as for your second point were is desmond being held? fairly sure there not in japan or russia. as we seem to be moving toward the present in the games...

but then again its all speculation </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You weren't talking about the gameplay before. You were talking about the setting. But if you meant to talk about the gameplay then I don't know why you would describe it as "a time of turmoil".

gamerxclutch
09-20-2009, 01:51 PM
In what age do you think Assassins Creed III will be in? I know that Assassins Creed II hasn't come out yet but I am curious.

We know that the Assassins Creed games will be in ages of importance to history like the Third Crusade or the Italian Renaissance so when will the next be? Personally the most important time in the future will be World War II. But I think the most Assassins Creed like theme would be the Victorian times in the 19nth Century, but then you already have guns and stuff so... Another good place with the Assassins Creed Theme would be the Dutch Golden Age since it is in a sense apart of the Age of Discovery which was very important, and the fact that alot of technology, science, art and literature came from the Golden Age at that time it fits into the theme. There are guns but the guns aren't fully made yet. Besides roaming around in beautiful Dutch cities with Canals and the interesting architecture and outfits would fit in well as a background. The downpoint is its a lot like Venice though. Post a reply for your opinion about this please. i diagree with WW2 it seems weird to me and it would be to much like velvet assassin or saboteur

Frostrim
09-20-2009, 02:51 PM
Hmmm...who said it have got to be in just ONE time period? What if the animus get's an upgrade, which makes desmond able to transport himself into any time any place which one of his ancestors have seen. Desmond travels through time assassinating important persons to the templars. In the end he finds out that after AC1 Altair became a templar, and not only a normal templar but the leader of the templars! Which leads to desmond being forced to assassinate Altair which destroys the templars for good and also wipes out his whole bloodline (Desmond dies). Now in my opinion THAT would be a bad *** ending!

thekyle0
09-20-2009, 03:02 PM
If they have several assassin's in the game then they will struggle with character progression. That will bring back complaints like how Altair wasn't developed enough as a character.

eZpiri2
09-20-2009, 05:02 PM
For some reason, I want to see a Russian Assassin. Maybe, he's in the Soviet Power or sumthin.

But, I don't want any age were there are guns. I mean, it ruins the stealth.

PlagueDoctor357
09-20-2009, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by Frostrim:
Hmmm...who said it have got to be in just ONE time period? What if the animus get's an upgrade, which makes desmond able to transport himself into any time any place which one of his ancestors have seen. Desmond travels through time assassinating important persons to the templars. In the end he finds out that after AC1 Altair became a templar, and not only a normal templar but the leader of the templars! Which leads to desmond being forced to assassinate Altair which destroys the templars for good and also wipes out his whole bloodline (Desmond dies). Now in my opinion THAT would be a bad *** ending!

So the other day I laughed all hard at my cousin because he thought the animus was actually bringing him back in time.

Is that what you believe? Or are you saying it's getting a time power upgrade? Haha.

terriblemonkey
09-20-2009, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by eZpiri2:
For some reason, I want to see a Russian Assassin. Maybe, he's in the Soviet Power or sumthin.

But, I don't want any age were there are guns. I mean, it ruins the stealth.

I hate to say it but unless we go back in time, from the 15th century on there are guns. the nice way to do it is to have bad, inaccurate weapons that take time to reload.

Smallpalms23
09-20-2009, 08:04 PM
I have kind of a futuristic idea. In AC1 the other assassins come to save Desmond, what if one survived and you play as him trying to save Desmond and overthrow obstergo in doing so you obtain access to the Animus and are able to use it to your full extent choosing from the time periods of AC1, in between AC1 and AC2, and AC2 being able to alter the course of history to change the future which will allow you to explore alternate universes.

FifthGeneration
09-20-2009, 08:18 PM
whatever age AC3 is set in it is almost inevitible that it will have to be a third person shooter. I mean they've already introduced the gun in AC2 and using strickly knives and swords in the next one seems unlikely considering the evolution of the gun

maybe they went like stars wars and made the last game before the rest and they called it..... Grand Theft Auto!!!!!!

EmperorxZurg
09-20-2009, 09:31 PM
the devs said they will make sure that it NEVER becomes shooter in any sense. Why does everyone think you have to go forward? The Devs said they might go before Altairs time for the third. That's why they said no to anything past the American revolution, too many guns. And that's bad for the type of assassinations that they want to create

SinNyxAtra
09-20-2009, 09:45 PM
I demand to climb and Leap of Faith Notre Dame and team up with a hunchback! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif Or give Marie Antoinette a piece of my mind!

UchihaKarasu
09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
lol, The Hunchback of Notre Dame is an awesome book and the best of the animated Disney movies (I want to climb Notre Dame too XD)

But I don't want a World War setting, that's too common.
I would like to see Jack the Ripper (is that the 19th century?) which would be cool.
And if we go back in time I would like to see Ancient Persia http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif
I wouldn't mind Japan either but it's also a very common theme.

EmperorxZurg
09-20-2009, 10:31 PM
Jack the ripper might be able to pull off, but there's a chance with the Royal Guard and such pulling out rifles and then its [Prototype] with bullet dodging lol. Ancient Persia might be good, let's just hope they don't make it too "Prince of Persia"e

gregt662
09-21-2009, 03:11 AM
I don't think anything with guns would be a good idea that's why I suggested the peak of the Ottoman empire as a setting were guns were just recently introduced(inaccurate, one shot, long reloading time guns)and were rarely used due to inaccuracy etc.

also if you've played Arkham Asylum you know you can have a stealth game and the enemy can still hold guns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif but still don't recommend it

PEACE

KristianMolstad
09-21-2009, 03:42 AM
Why not in Norway during the viking age. That would been awesome with vikings.

EmperorxZurg
09-21-2009, 08:06 AM
yes but in Batman you have a grapple gun letting you swing off on to a gargoyle statue. And I doubt assassins hung upside down from themhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

danial_refahi
09-21-2009, 08:58 AM
I think it must be before wwII or in persia
I think it giong to be in persia because in ancient persia was a group . they was real assassin and lived in top of mountion its going to be in persia i promised you http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Assassin_M
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
ever thought of maybe it could be in egypt during the british colonization and our assassin would be fighting the british and some of them are actually templars who r looking for another artifact within the the mysterious egyptian tombs or maybe the catacombs that`d be pretty cool IMO

terriblemonkey
09-21-2009, 11:48 AM
so no one likes Spain huh? lots of stuff went down, and some of it included northern Africa and Muslim tribes. you got Malta and clashes with the ottomans. then theres 17th century Europe with the thirty years war and crazy shifts of power. and you also have the Spanish succession wars in the 18th century. just saying it seems like a good place and time, no real reason for it though.

Atmon
09-21-2009, 12:16 PM
Just to add my 2 cents, remember that for AC1 & 2 Patrice and our team picked up a time period based on the fact that a lot of things were changing for mankind. It's what we called "pivotal moment in History", after finding a cool period we start thinking of what does it means in terms of game design, and if it "works" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

gregt662
09-21-2009, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by terriblemonkey:
so no one likes Spain huh? lots of stuff went down, and some of it included northern Africa and Muslim tribes. you got Malta and clashes with the ottomans. then theres 17th century Europe with the thirty years war and crazy shifts of power. and you also have the Spanish succession wars in the 18th century. just saying it seems like a good place and time, no real reason for it though.

lol i was think of spain as well but i thought i would rather have turkey due to a lot of deaths occurred in the higher ups. maybe the assassin could be spanish living in turkey so he can take down the ottoman empire down from the inside

gregt662
09-22-2009, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
yes but in Batman you have a grapple gun letting you swing off on to a gargoyle statue. And I doubt assassins hung upside down from themhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

touche

well how bout the assassin climbs up onto a gargoyle(see no need for a grappling hook) jump and assassinate from there lol

gregt662
09-22-2009, 12:05 AM
Originally posted by gregt662:
AC3 2012 (no way):

desmond: (running on building)
desmond: (leap of faith)
desmond: (splat)

and thats why i dont want ac3 set 2012

FROGGEman2
09-22-2009, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by Atmon:
Just to add my 2 cents, remember that for AC1 & 2 Patrice and our team picked up a time period based on the fact that a lot of things were changing for mankind. It's what we called "pivotal moment in History", after finding a cool period we start thinking of what does it means in terms of game design, and if it "works" http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

What other time periods did you try for AC2?

DeSabellis
09-22-2009, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Atmon:

You also decided to chose a time period outside of them '2012', in which according to the emails Desmond reads, is world with a lot of pivotal (although fictional) events going on currently.

This entire thread deals with people saying Feudal Japan, one of the World Wars... but either way, it all has to end with Desmond right? Further, it would be completely against the point to go back to a time before the first game, because they already have a map of all the artifacts from Altair. I mean, it is Desmond's story because it is about his ancestors, and what he will do with the knowledge and abilities he has. I'm just theorizing that as long as he is alive, the story arc has to end with him.

In terms of story, I don't see how Desmond being the focal point can be avoided. Besides, I am confident 450 + game designers can make free-running and firearms work together. Desmond can't just sleep, walk and scratch his a** forever.

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 05:49 PM
well Desmond still is the key bringing all this together. But the time periods theyre trying to use are ones anyone with a half a brain would know. Such as the rennaisance and Crusades. Not many people know about Feudal Japan or the Rise of Spain unless they're from that area or study it really. And 2012 is known by everyone as the day we'll all day apparantly and has been making a lot of hype world-wide, so Ubi will probably try to find another period which everyone knows about but is before guns. Also they might go before Altair's time to say find where the ark of the covenant was lost maybe. Maybe it holds a Piece of Eden needed to launch the satellite or such, but let's focus on AC2, seriously

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 06:47 PM
The day we're all going to day huh? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 07:19 PM
I was working on my French report at the time ok? lol, it's the day we're all going to die...DIE, not rly

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 07:23 PM
You're on the forums while doing homework? You Canadians are all the same. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 07:33 PM
That's because we're smart and can quadruple taskhttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 07:34 PM
Yeah, you can post, learn french, commit grammar/spelling errors, and probably fail french class at the same time.

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 07:47 PM
I'm not letting u lure me into this again. i'm not getting another thread closed down, I'll wait and do that later when I feel like ithttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 07:49 PM
That's different. You started making fun of Americans. (On a topic which took enormous restraint not to embarrass myself with rage) I'm pretty sure it's a sin for a christian to make fun of America. But Canada, they're a free target.

Black_Widow9
09-22-2009, 07:53 PM
Please stay on Topic or it's going to get locked. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 07:54 PM
I told him we were gonna get in trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Spanish Inquisition</pre>

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I told u! And I saw u try to start the christian thinghttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

But AC3, will probably be the industrial, however guns were being mass produced then so that would make it a shooter that they don't want, I have no clue where or when it will be lol, everything contradicts one another

thekyle0
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by D1sturbedme_468:
Bring it yank! I'll drop my library on you! I'll show you the power of the bible! I didn't try anything. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/sadeyes.gif It's all you! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-mad.gif

Maybe the guns wouldn't actually ruin the gameplay. The assassin's would be sensible enough to not use the guns since they're so high profile and ineffective. It would also encourage players to avoid taking on large groups since the guns were only useful when used in mass.

EmperorxZurg
09-22-2009, 08:36 PM
the assassins might, but to be historically accurate the guards and such would need guns, and then it's either Batman dodging bullets or Alex Mercer walking through them

{and it's Bible, not bible, show some grammar!}

DeSabellis
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Didn't the Assassins already have a shoot-out in AC1 when they were trying to rescue Desmond?

Shoot-out which = Bullets which in turn = Firearms.

Which means the Assassins use firearms...

EDIT: I hope that this story arc with Desmond doesn't just keep avoiding him as the main focus- I could see the first two games doing so, but I mean it's just going to get so stale if they constantly come up with 'ancestors' for him and never flesh out his potential.

Losk_
09-23-2009, 01:28 PM
There may have been an assassin attack in AC1. We never actually see it, only hear a snippet or two of radio chatter and guns being fired.

I still wonder how much of what Demond is told is all just a show for him. I'm not convinced Lucy is really on our side. If she was then Abstergo's security guards are not watching those camera feeds very closely.

thekyle0
09-23-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by DeSabellis:
Didn't the Assassins already have a shoot-out in AC1 when they were trying to rescue Desmond?

Shoot-out which = Bullets which in turn = Firearms.

Which means the Assassins use firearms... I was talking about old guns. Matchlocks, flintlocks, etc. In fact, most weapons historians would tell you that any guns made before the American civil war were less lethal on the battlefield than a bow and arrow. Especially since people began wearing less armor when they realized it won't stop a bullet. The only real advantage of having a gun back then was mental war-fare.

DeSabellis
09-23-2009, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
I was talking about old guns. Matchlocks, flintlocks, etc. In fact, most weapons historians would tell you that any guns made before the American civil war were less lethal on the battlefield than a bow and arrow. Especially since people began wearing less armor when they realized it won't stop a bullet. The only real advantage of having a gun back then was mental war-fare.

It wasn't completely aimed at you, it was kinda aimed at the whole 'don't bring guns into it' motif that seems to be going around (which I am not knocking at all).

Well, lets be honest, half of those weapons didn't function wet, such as the 'matchlock' type weapons which required a smoldering fuse (which interestingly enough, it was customary for rifle men to carry gunpowder in canisters across their chest, and a lot of them blew up because of keeping the match too close to the gun powder).

And you're right, until the Henry Rifle in the 1850's, there wasn't really a strong weapon capable of bringing a lot of firepower to the table.

@Losk_: Remember that the back of the handbook stated that there was a new security guard working there? Maybe he/she is an Assassin? I mean, how else could he/she possibly not notice Desmond being out of his room at the very least.

Grevling148
09-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
I told him we were gonna get in trouble. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Spanish Inquisition</pre> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o
Sorry. Just hadd tohttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

EmperorxZurg
09-23-2009, 06:43 PM
@DeSabellis: did u ever think the gunshots were of the guards? Maybe the assassins were doing there best to dodge and disillusion the guards. So maybe the assassins still don't use guns

thekyle0
09-23-2009, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Grevling148:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre">Spanish Inquisition</pre> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uprjmoSMJ-o
Sorry. Just hadd tohttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No wonder the assassins want to kill them.

klays-games
09-23-2009, 07:50 PM
well i think sense ac2 is in 15th century i think ac3 will be in 17th century i can picture these people in a game.http://www.ferdinando.org.uk/images/17th%20century%20dress%20c.jpg

EmperorxZurg
09-23-2009, 08:45 PM
ah, but that would man the revolutions, and do revolutions have? guns! Lots and lots o' guns cause every person had a musket then and then we kiss gameplay goodbyehttp://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif it is a sad day when that happens

Monehan
12-06-2009, 02:02 PM
ac3 shold be in japan with ninjas theres a butt load of things they can get off of that

Monehan
12-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by klays-games:
well i think sense ac2 is in 15th century i think ac3 will be in 17th century i can picture these people in a game.http://www.ferdinando.org.uk/images/17th%20century%20dress%20c.jpg
ninjas in japan

mizzaa11
12-06-2009, 02:43 PM
Something i would really like (and i think that would it be) That assassins creed 3 is on the present of Desmond. Becuz they said that assassins creed it was going to be a trilogy. So probably needs to end with Desmond fighting with the templars (Vidic and hes fellas) http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif
. All depends on the Ubisoft team http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. We need to wait liek 3 years more http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

ARJAN94
12-07-2009, 05:59 PM
We want it to be in the futire..ish. But we don't want guns. That's not going to work.

Maybe it will be before Ezio but after Altair.
Do a few missions in the animus, then a couple with Desmond, repeat.

bladencrowd
12-07-2009, 06:48 PM
Here are my opinions

1. By present day there will be cars. Running around would be a waste of time
2. There will be an inability to climb most buildings.
3. If it is realistic, climbing up a skyscraper would get you into the media in immediatly.
4. Cities won't be popualte with guards as before. I assume crowds will be more active in calling the police on you (i.e. soldiers calling in strike teams in Prototype)
5. Police have guns. Unless Desmond becomes Spider-man he should die.
6. Notoriety will be vastly increased. Once again the media.

TheArtan
12-07-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by bladencrowd:
Here are my opinions

1. By present day there will be cars. Running around would be a waste of time
2. There will be an inability to climb most buildings.
3. If it is realistic, climbing up a skyscraper would get you into the media in immediatly.
4. Cities won't be popualte with guards as before. I assume crowds will be more active in calling the police on you (i.e. soldiers calling in strike teams in Prototype)
5. Police have guns. Unless Desmond becomes Spider-man he should die.
6. Notoriety will be vastly increased. Once again the media. I agree Present Day would ruin the AC concept, it's supposed to be a puzzle acrobatic game, like Prince Of Persia.
Also the settign in WWII would be outrageous, Guns in an Assassins creed game, would be fail,
It should stick to something that is mainly about swords and other sharp objects, also since it being a trilogy it should solve every single mystery of the Assassins Creed saga , if they do decide to make more AC games after II then Desmond should be gone, and Start fresh with someone else .