PDA

View Full Version : Ezio cape is gone?!

Darklarik
06-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I was watching the live stream and i freaked out when i saw he did not have his Trademark cape.

Personally, as a mad fan of Ezio since AC2, i think the cape separates him from Altair, its like his sysmbol, part of his image.

I hope they dont take out this simple but increadibly important feature. Ezio isnt Ezio without his Cape in my opinion.

Anyone else feel the same way?

Gasketfuse
06-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Well most people didn't like the cape, so they made a point of him throwing it away in the trailer.

Darklarik
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by Gasketfuse:
Well most people didn't like the cape, so they made a point of him throwing it away in the trailer.
Who? and WHy? What is it about the cape you dont like?

Ezio without a cape is like Batman without a cape. Just dosent fit.

The very least they could do is give you the option to take it off. Not remove it all toghther.

dxsxhxcx
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
if they're smart, they'll probably put capes for sale (in game) for those who like wearing it...

cless711
06-06-2011, 08:14 PM
I don't like the cape, but I do agree that they should put an option to buy one or something of the sort to people who really want it

Darklarik
06-06-2011, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by cless711:
I don't like the cape, but I do agree that they should put an option to buy one or something of the sort to people who really want it
Well at least im glad you agree. But what about the cape dont you like? Even after 2 games you dont feel like its part of Ezio's image?

NewBlade200
06-06-2011, 08:25 PM
The cape was a big part of Ezio's games in my opinion.
But this game is not about Ezio.
It is not about Altair.
It is not about Desmond.
This is about the Assassins storys and times being pulled together. I'm sure some people will miss the cape, but at least it was given an honourable sendoff, instead of pretending it never happend.

phil.llllll
06-06-2011, 08:34 PM
And his ponytail is gone as well! It's a brand new (old) Ezio! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Darklarik
06-06-2011, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by NewBlade200:
The cape was a big part of Ezio's games in my opinion.
But this game is not about Ezio.
It is not about Altair.
It is not about Desmond.
This is about the Assassins storys and times being pulled together. I'm sure some people will miss the cape, but at least it was given an honourable sendoff, instead of pretending it never happend.
Wrong, this game is about Ezio. Finding out the truth about Altair, but its still mainly about Ezio. Desmond probably will have a more significant role, but this is still mainly ezio, and as such....

We deserve the option to have the Cape. Its litteraly crucial for me. I just dont feel like Ezio without it.

raging8762
06-06-2011, 09:03 PM
His outfit looks awesome regardless of whether he has a cape or not.

kriegerdesgottes
06-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I loved the cape so I just hope there is an option to let him have one. In the concept art he definitely has a cape on.

Darklarik
06-06-2011, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by RagingXela:
His outfit looks awesome regardless of whether he has a cape or not.
This is where i disagree. It looks the same as ALtair's but with a different color scheme.

Ezio's cape is like his singularity

wiccanlovely
06-06-2011, 09:34 PM
I wasn't a big fan of the cape as I'm not a fan of any capes really. Still though, I do think they should be able to buy one if you want.

On a slightly less related note, I do miss his pony tail a bit though. Oh well, man still is looking good.

simonjako
06-07-2011, 05:44 AM
The cape ezio wore in ac2 and acb, was very common during the renaissance and was worn in italy. How stupid wouldnt it look if i he wore a cape that didnt fit this new adventure-like outfit.

SixKeys
06-07-2011, 06:59 AM
It'd be cool if there was an option to put on or take off the cape as you wish. Personally I don't mind it but I don't think it's an essential part of Ezio's image either, so I wouldn't miss it. The cape is just a Renaissance fashion accessory, Ezio only wore it because it was popular at the time. I would be much more upset if they got rid of the eagle hood.

Abeonis
06-07-2011, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by phil.llllll:
And his ponytail is gone as well! It's a brand new (old) Ezio! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

No it's not...

sassinscreed
06-07-2011, 10:19 AM
Originally posted by Darklarik:
I was watching the live stream and i freaked out when i saw he did not have his Trademark cape.

Personally, as a mad fan of Ezio since AC2, i think the cape separates him from Altair, its like his sysmbol, part of his image.

I hope they dont take out this simple but increadibly important feature. Ezio isnt Ezio without his Cape in my opinion.

i think that the cape wouldn't fit to new environment, i am glad to see it's very different from ac2 and brotherhood because it would be boring if it is same , i loved that gameplay trailer, just hope that there will be more stealth and assassination missions than brotherhood

glenneey
06-07-2011, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

No it's not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piCdWcvxam8
at 2:40 do you see a ponytail?
ALSO!!!!!!!!!
in the beginning he still has a cape!!!
But when the fighting starts he drops it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

RzaRecta357
06-07-2011, 11:00 AM
Everytime I watch it I just think his long hair is under the coat. Maybe i'm wrong.

Super_Sausage
06-07-2011, 01:42 PM
I wonder what Ezio looks like with his hair down?

Darklarik
06-07-2011, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by sassinscreed:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Darklarik:

i think that the cape wouldn't fit to new environment, i am glad to see it's very different from ac2 and brotherhood because it would be boring if it is same , i loved that gameplay trailer, just hope that there will be more stealth and assassination missions than brotherhood </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I understand you point of a different enviroment/time era would cause the cape to be out of fashion. But regardless, i belive you should have the option to wear and customise it regardless.

Its such an old feature i cant image him without it. Beside he was wearing it anyways on his way to constantinople, he dropped it because an arrow cut the rope that held it toghther. Id still like to buy a new one... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

PinkSkittles284
06-08-2011, 04:17 AM
I wonder what Ezio looks like with his hair down?

heres an idea http://mystic-oracle.deviantar...da-firenze-192292588 (http://mystic-oracle.deviantart.com/art/ezio-auditore-da-firenze-192292588)

nightcobra
06-08-2011, 08:58 AM
more like this:

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/8137/eziog.jpg

Darklarik
06-08-2011, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
more like this:

Try and stay on topic

Super_Sausage
06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by shadow8928:
more like this:

I meant with long hair, as in if he untied his ponytail.

itsamea-mario
06-08-2011, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by glenneey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Abeonis:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by phil.llllll:

No it's not... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piCdWcvxam8
at 2:40 do you see a ponytail?
ALSO!!!!!!!!!
in the beginning he still has a cape!!!
But when the fighting starts he drops it. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That rope may be hiding it..

I sort of like the cape in AC2, then i got bored of it, i'm kinda glad they got rid of it, and i'm sure the devs probably hated it.

But they could give you the choice, though i would choose not to have it.

Sheer-Fury
06-08-2011, 04:00 PM
I think it's really just a new image. He's aged his fair share since his introduction, and maybe they are just trying to show his progression as a person. He's going to the Byzantine Empire to find answers, so maybe it's like a symbolic sort of thing as well. And it really is not just about Ezio this time, but also bringing back Altair so they can move on the the next Assassin after this game is over. And on a note about Desmond, it has been announced that since he is still in that coma and his life line is the Animus, he will enter a safe zone called the Black Room to piece back together his subconscious so he can leave again when the gamer plays as him.

halihayweed
06-15-2011, 12:01 PM
I always loved the cape, and I completely agree that they should give you an option to wear it or not. I was never really a fan of capes until Ezio came along, and I feel like it's part of him. Though all good things must come to an end eventually.

LaurenIsSoMosh
06-15-2011, 01:18 PM
It's possible that:

A.) It's optional,

B.) His outfit gradually changes throughout the game, or

C.) The devs are still narrowing down a final look for him.

For the development of Assassin's Creed II, they were changing Ezio's concept art right up until the final few weeks before the game came out, which is why the game's box art fails to accurately represent Ezio.

Remember the second hidden blade originally fitting discretely inside Ezio's sleeve? Yep, it comes with a hideous bracer in the game. And the "tail feathers" on his father's robes? Originally there were variations on the number of them, ranging from one to three. This was presumably for a rank system a la Altair's belt, which increases with rank. But in the final build? Yep, the robes have two "tail feathers" from the start, and they stay that way forever.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was the same way. Ezio was shown from day one to have twin bracers. The final build? Distant relatives. One of them is the iconic concept bracer. The other is a hideous, mangled thing.

Revelations will be exactly the same way. Ezio is shown on the cover of Game Informer and in the E3 cinematic to have his iconic shoulder cape, but there is yet to be a screenshot or video of in-game Ezio wearing the cape.

My guess? They're prodding the audience to see which images stick and which don't. Whichever version of Ezio's new outfit seems more popular will be the final one. So if you like the cape, say so. If you don't like the cape, also say so.

notafanboy
06-15-2011, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by LaurenIsSoMosh:
It's possible that:

A.) It's optional,

B.) His outfit gradually changes throughout the game, or

C.) The devs are still narrowing down a final look for him.

For the development of Assassin's Creed II, they were changing Ezio's concept art right up until the final few weeks before the game came out, which is why the game's box art fails to accurately represent Ezio.

Remember the second hidden blade originally fitting discretely inside Ezio's sleeve? Yep, it comes with a hideous bracer in the game. And the "tail feathers" on his father's robes? Originally there were variations on the number of them, ranging from one to three. This was presumably for a rank system a la Altair's belt, which increases with rank. But in the final build? Yep, the robes have two "tail feathers" from the start, and they stay that way forever.

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood was the same way. Ezio was shown from day one to have twin bracers. The final build? Distant relatives. One of them is the iconic concept bracer. The other is a hideous, mangled thing.

Revelations will be exactly the same way. Ezio is shown on the cover of Game Informer and in the E3 cinematic to have his iconic shoulder cape, but there is yet to be a screenshot or video of in-game Ezio wearing the cape.

My guess? They're prodding the audience to see which images stick and which don't. Whichever version of Ezio's new outfit seems more popular will be the final one. So if you like the cape, say so. If you don't like the cape, also say so.
i still want a e3 2009 skin for AC2

LieutenantJojo
06-15-2011, 02:20 PM
I hope they give you the option to wear it or not because I actually really like the cape. And I also hope you still have the option to dye your clothes...

kriegerdesgottes
06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by LieutenantJojo:
I hope they give you the option to wear it or not because I actually really like the cape. And I also hope you still have the option to dye your clothes...

agreed

notafanboy
06-15-2011, 02:36 PM
@above
nice avatar“s http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

Mutley_Rulz
06-16-2011, 05:28 AM
In the trailer, we see Ezio throw his cape off when he goes off to fight an army, clever man.
Likely we'll have the option to take it off or keep it, I always thought the cape was to help conceal the hidden blade, and is therefore rather useless when you have 2 blades. Nevertheless, the cape better return ¬¬

Thug-U
06-16-2011, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Darklarik:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gasketfuse:
Who? and WHy? What is it about the cape you dont like?

Ezio without a cape is like Batman without a cape. Just dosent fit.

The very least they could do is give you the option to take it off. Not remove it all toghther. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> You shouldn't compare Ezio to Batman, because Ezio is NOT a superhero, he is an assassin. Assassins kill people, superheroes don't. The cape kind of makes Ezio look like a superhero if you ask me. That's why i didn't like how Ezio was portrayed as a hero in ACB, when he should be underground and change the system from within.

JJTHoukes
06-16-2011, 06:33 AM
I think it has a symbolic meaning.
He's going to Masyaf to find out more about his ancestor, Altaļr. So he'll look more like him too.

The red and black outfit is probably because all the high ranking, older assassins wore these colors too. I do hope we can dye our outfits, but I can't image it'd look good in other colors.